William James Pullman
Hornell, New York, United States
In 1971, he completed his education from the Hornell High School, New York.
Bill enrolled into the State University of New York at Delhi (SUNY Delhi) and the State University of New York at Oneonta.
He pursued a Masters of Fine Arts degree from the University of Massachusetts Amherst in Massachusetts. On May 24, 2008, he received an honorary doctorate in Fine Arts from The University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
On May 14, 2011, he was awarded an honorary doctorate by Alfred University.
- Father – James Pullman (Physician)
- Mother – Johanna Blaas (Nurse)
- Others – Albertas Blaas (Maternal Grandfather), Helena Rookus (Maternal Grandmother)
He is managed by Anonymous Content.
6 ft 1½ in or 187 cm
87 kg or 192 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bill Pullman dated –
- Tamara Hurwitz (1987-Present) – Bill Pullman married American dancer Tamara Hurwitz in 1987. The couple has three children – daughter Maesa Pullman (b. 1988), while his sons Jack and Lewis were born in 1989 and 1993, respectively.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Northern Irish, English, Scottish, and Dutch ancestry.
- Love for fruit culture
In 2005, Bill Pullman appeared in a TV commercial for the University of Massachusetts.
Best Known For
Some of his best-known movies include Spaceballs (1987), While You Were Sleeping (1995), Casper (1995), Independence Day (1996) and Lost Highway (1997).
Bill Pullman’s debuted with a black comedy film Ruthless People in 1986 in which he played the role of Earl Mott.
First TV Show
In 1986, he did his first TV show titled Cagney & Lacey. He was seen as Doctor Giordano in A Safe Place episode.
Bill Pullman eats healthy stuff. Breakfast being his favorite meal of the day and eggs are his favorite. He always keeps in his refrigerator different fruit juices, eggs, butter and veggies.
Bill Pullman Favorite Things
- Pastime – Gardening
- Tool – Champion juicer
- All-time Favorite Food Movie – Babette’s Feast (1987)
- Food – French Onion Soup, Norwegian Lefse with butter & brown sugar
- Drink – Gin and tonic
Source – GoodHouseKeeping.com, TheChronicleHerald.ca, Dine.to
Bill Pullman Facts
- Bill Pullman was a theater teacher at SUNY Delhi and the School of Film and Photography of Montana State University.
- He lost his sense of smell at the age 21.
- Pullman is an ambassador of MS Society.
- Bill is a Filmaka Jury Member. The digital studio provides new and aspiring filmmakers a platform to showcase their work.
- He is the co-owner of a cattle ranch with his brother in Montana near Whitehall town.
- He is a Board of Trustees at Alfred University, Western New York, USA.
- He is also a creative writer. Bill wrote the play Expedition 6 which opened on September 2007 at Magic Theater in San Francisco.
- Bill Pullman was inducted into the Steuben County Hall of Fame in New York.
- He established Hollywood Orchard in California with his wife.
- You can know more about him from his fan website.
- He is not on social media.