|Coyote Peterson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 1, 1981|
Coyote Peterson is an American YouTuber, educator, author, and TV personality whose wildlife-related videos, including ones where animals bite and sting him, on his YouTube channel titled Brave Wilderness have earned more than 16 million subscribers. His raging popularity on YouTube was recognized by the wildlife-based TV channel Animal Planet that selected him to host the TV series named Coyote Peterson: Brave the Wild. Coyote has hosted numerous YouTube shows such as Breaking Trail, Beyond the Tide, Blue Wilderness, and Coyote’s Backyard. As of February 2020, his channel has held the Guinness World Record for the categories – ‘Most Subscribed YouTube Channel Dedicated to Animals’ and ‘Most Viewed YouTube Channel Dedicated to Animals’.
Newbury Center, Geauga County, Ohio, United States
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Coyote Peterson graduated in 2000 from the Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin High School (NDCL) in Chardon, Ohio. He then studied filmography, video production, and direction at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio from where he graduated in 2004.
YouTuber, Wildlife Educator, TV Personality, Author
He is represented by –
- Ari Levin, Booking Agent, Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Justin Edbrooke, Booking Agent, Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Coyote Peterson has dated –
- Coyote Peterson is married and although he has kept the name of his spouse private, he has revealed that the couple has a daughter nick-named Pup.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sports a rugged beard
- Often appears in a leather hat
- Affable smile
Coyote Peterson has been sponsored by brands such as –
- Keen Footwear
- SOG Knives & Tools
- Universal Pictures
Coyote Peterson Favorite Things
- Fictional Character – Sonic the Hedgehog
- Movie Series – Jurassic Park
- Actor – Jeff Goldblum
- Meal – Steak
Coyote Peterson Facts
- He had developed an interest in animals from a very early age and used to catch different animals and explore the wilderness all the time during his schooldays.
- Although he studied filmography in university, he has never received any formal education in animal science or animal training.
- He began posting videos on his Brave Wilderness YouTube channel in 2014. His videos began making an immediate impact and his series entitled Breaking Trail won an Emmy award in 2015 in the category of “Youth/Teen Programs”.
- He was featured on the popular talk show Conan, in the episode where actor Jeff Goldblum was a guest. Coyote brought several animals on the show including the world’s largest slug and a bird-eating tarantula.
- He has also published quite a few books based on his wildlife experiences such as Coyote Peterson’s Brave Adventures: Wild Animals in a Wild World! (2017), Coyote Peterson: The King of Sting! (2018), Coyote Peterson’s Brave Adventures: Epic Encounters in the Animal Kingdom (2019), and The Beast of Bites (2020).
- He has stated that his major goal when he decided to combine his passions for wildlife and videography was to make animal conservation and education entertaining for the younger generation of explorers and wildlife enthusiasts.
- To fulfill his vision, he has also set up a production company named Wilderness Productions that includes crew members who have had experience with TV series productions for channels such as Discovery and Animal Planet.
- His YouTube subscribers have termed themselves as the ‘Coyote Pack’.
- He received the nickname ‘Coyote’ from his mother because of his habit of chasing roadrunners just like the animated character of Coyote used to do in the old Cartoon Network shows.
Featured Image by Coyote Peterson / Instagram