|Robbie Williams Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 13, 1974|
Robbie Williams is an English singer, songwriter, musician, record producer, and entertainer who rose to fame as a member of the pop group Take That. He remained with the group from 1990 to 1995 and then embarked on a solo career, during which he has released multiple albums and tracks including Life thru a Lens, Sing When You’re Winning, I’ve Been Expecting You, Swing When You’re Winning, Rudebox, Reality Killed the Video Star, Intensive Care, Escapology, Love My Life, The Christmas Present, Swings Both Ways, The Heavy Entertainment Show, The Ego Has Landed, Freedom, and Candy. As of 2021, the critically-acclaimed musician has won a record 18 Brit Awards – winning Best British Male Artist 4 times, 2 awards for Outstanding Contribution to Music, and the 2017 Brits Icon for his “lasting impact on British culture”, 8 German ECHO Awards, and 3 MTV European Music Awards. In addition to that, Robbie Williams entered the Guinness Book of World Records in 2006 for selling 1.6 million tickets of his Close Encounters Tour in a single day.
Robert Peter Williams
The Robster, Robbie
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom
Kensington, West London, England, United Kingdom
Robbie Williams went to Mill Hill Primary School.
Later, he got enrolled at the St Margaret Ward’s RC School in Tunstall.
He also signed up for classes at the UKDDF Dance School.
Singer, songwriter, musician, record producer, actor
- Father – Peter Williams (Ran a pub Red Lion in Burslem and licensee at the Port Vale FC Social Club)
- Mother – Janet Williams (Ran a pub named Red Lion in Burslem)
- Siblings – Sally Williams (Sister)
- Others – Phil Williams (Paternal Grandfather), Betty Williams (Paternal Grandmother), John Jack Farrell (Maternal Grandfather), Janetta Durber (Maternal Grandmother)
Robbie Williams has been represented by IE Music Ltd. Music Artist Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom.
Pop, Pop Rock, Soft Rock, Dance, Britpop, Electronic Dance, Alternative Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Synthesizer, Drums, Piano, Violin, Harmonica, Marimba
Sony Music Entertainment, Island / Universal Music Group, Virgin, Chrysalis Records
6 ft or 183 cm
90 kg or 198 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Robbie Williams has dated –
- Rachael Gilson (1986-1989) – Robbie started going out with model Rachael Gilson while they were still in school. He was 16 years old then and she was 15. They had met through mutual friends. After dating for almost 3 years, they decided to end their relationship in 1989 as their embryonic careers took the toll. While Robbie was looking to become a pop star, Rachel had already signed an international modeling contract.
- Natalie Imbruglia – Robbie Williams was RUMORed to have had a fling with Australian-British singer and actress Natalie Imbruglia. However, she has refuted such claims.
- Jacqueline Hamilton-Smith (1995-1996) – Robbie met Jacqueline Hamilton-Smith at a private party thrown by her ex-boyfriend Nellee Hooper. Robbie was smitten then and there and moved in with his new girlfriend, who along with providing him a place to stay in also gave him moral support as he battled with his fellow Take That band members and management. However, much to Jacqueline’s parents’ relief, the relationship ended within a year as Robbie’s drug addiction and drinking problem proved too much for her. He tried to woo her back but ultimately failed.
- Melanie C (1997) – Williams had a steamy romp with the Spice Girls band member Melanie C in 1997. This affair was confirmed by Robbie in 2016 in a radio interview.
- Denise van Outen (1997) – Robbie Williams started going out with the actress, and singer Denise van Outen after having grown close to her while working on the TV series, TFI Friday. However, this fling didn’t last beyond a couple of months.
- Anna Friel (1997) – Robbie hooked up with actress Anna Friel after having met her at a film premiere. Their relationship saw the light of the tabloids in May 1997 after they were pictured together in Rome.
- Nicole Appleton (1997-1999) – Williams got in his first real relationship after he started dating Canadian actress and singer, Nicole Appleton. She invited him to her birthday party and spent the whole night talking together. In 1998, she got pregnant. Robbie was reportedly delighted with the news. But, Nicole’s band management had pressurized her to abort the child. Then, a lap dancer revealed Robbie had asked for a private performance. It was followed by a London barmaid Linnea Dietrichson claiming that he had sex with her, which finally made Nicole dump him.
- Andrea Corr (1999) – It was claimed that Robbie trying to woo Irish musician Andrea Corr forced Nicole to dump him. In April 1999, they were pictured out on a date in Dublin. Her representative claimed it was arranged to discuss music collaboration but along with Nicole, many weren’t buying it.
- Tania Strecker (1999-2000) – Robbie’s next conquest was party girl Tania Strecker, a Danish model and TV presenter. Robbie whisked her to St. Moritz to celebrate New Year’s Eve. However, there were doubts about the veracity of this relationship as she was his manager’s stepdaughter and she surely benefited from the headlines.
- Geri Halliwell (2000) – Williams started going out with singer Geri Halliwell in the summer of 2000. Their romantic holidays in South France were widely covered by the English tabloids. However, in an interview about a decade later, he claimed that he regretted going out with Geri and instead not pursuing her bandmate, Victoria Beckham.
- Victoria Schweizer (2002) – Robbie hooked up with actress Victoria Schweizer in 2002. They were pictured getting cozy at several hotspots in Manhattan in March.
- Kylie Bax (2002) – In June 2002, Robbie was RUMORed to be dating Playboy model Kylie Bax after they were spotted making out in a whiskey bar in Los Angeles.
- Rachel Hunter (2002-2003) – By February 2002, Robbie was going out with the newly-single New Zealand supermodel Rachel Hunter. Their first public appearance as a couple was at a Los Angeles Lakers basketball game. Next, they were found making out while scantily clad in the garden of the Hollywood hotel they were staying in. Robbie later claimed that it was a staged stunt. Their relationship fizzled out in February 2003.
- Cameron Diaz (2003) – Robbie was linked up with Hollywood s*x siren Cameron Diaz after they were pictured kissing and holding hands on the beach in Santa Monica in 2003.
- Rachel Perry (2003) – He had a fling with Canadian TV personality Rachel Perry in the year 2003.
- Nicole Kidman (2004) – Robbie started dating Australian actress Nicole Kidman after the spark they showed in the sizzling music video of Somethin Stupid caught fire in the real life. The interesting thing is that neither of them refuted those dating rumors.
- Amalia Granata (2004) – Williams had a fling with an Argentine model during his promotional tour in Argentina in late 2004. They had met in Buenos Aires and he had taken her back to his hotel.
- Samantha Mumba (2004) – In 2004, he had a shirt-termed romance with Samantha Mumba, an Irish singer-songwriter, dancer, actress, fashion model, and TV presenter.
- Valerie Cruz (2004) – Robbie went out on a number of dates with American actress Valerie Cruz in August 2004. Robbie was reportedly really smitten with her, but like many other relationships, he was on a move, a couple of months later.
- Ayda Field (2006 and 2007-Present) – This relationship didn’t have the best of the starts as Robbie forgot to show off for a blind date set by their mutual friend. They would later meet at a party and he would invite her to his home. However, after going out for a couple of weeks, Robbie decided to end this relationship as he was going to check in rehab for his addiction problem. He later told Cameron Diaz that he was miserable without Ayda and she suggested that he got back in touch with her. In 2010, they got married. The couple has two children, daughter Theodora Rose (b. September 2012), and son Charlton Valentine (b. October 2014).
- Lisa D’Amato (2006) – Robbie started dating model and recording artist, Lisa D’Amato in November 2006. They had met at a Los Angeles party and Lisa wasn’t aware that he was a famous star. He dumped her two months later before beginning the European leg of his Close Encounters Tour.
- Lindsay Lohan (2007) – After checking out of their respective rehab stints, Williams and Lindsay Lohan started dating. They were reported to have got cozy at the premiere of The Tudors.
- Clare Staples (2007) – Robbie made his relationship with former model Clare Staples public in August 2007 by stepping out together for an early morning hike in Los Angeles. It was reported that they had been dating for six months by then.
- Suzanne Coppin (2007) – He hooked up with Suzanne Coppin in August 2007.
Race / Ethnicity
Robbie Williams has English, Irish, and Welsh ancestry.
- Cheeky smile
Robbie Williams has starred in TV commercials for-
- Café Royal
- Radio Zet (Polish radio station promotional campaign)
- Smart Forfour
- Everyman’s Breast & Testikel cancer commercial
- AMF 10
- Nikon S8000
- T- mobile
- Sky Radio
Best Known For
His albums like I’ve Been Expecting You, Sing When You’re Winning, etc.
Robbie released his debut studio album, Life thru a Lens in September 1997. It peaked at #1 on UK music charts and recorded a sales figure of 2,097,548 in the UK.
In 2004, Robbie appeared as a musical performer in the musical drama film De-Lovely.
First TV Show
In 1992, Robbie made his first TV show appearance on the news show Good Morning Britain as himself.
Ahead of his Close Encounters Tour, Robbie listed the help of Jamie Myerscough, the chief executive of Educogym chains. Jamie prepared a personalized workout routine to whip the British star in the best shape ahead of his concerts. His strength training was day-specific with a single body part focused on a single day.
Robbie Williams Favorite Things
- Color – Pink
- Movie – Grease (1978)
- Music Bands – U2 and Queen
- Singer – Freddie Mercury
- Songs – Wichita Lineman and Ode to Billy Joe
- Musical – Blood Brothers
- Cologne – Avignon Comme De Garcons
- Clothing Piece – Pajamas
- Beverage – An Ultimo from Coffee Bean
- Food – Cake
- Werewolf – Liev Schreiber in Wolverine Origins
- Computer Game – Football Manager
- Soccer Player – Lionel Messi
- Boy Crush – Andy Cohen, Anderson Cooper, Hugh Jackman, Jason Orange, Michael Buble, Freddie Mercury
Source – RobbieWilliams.com
Robbie Williams Facts
- In November 2004, Robbie was included in the UK Music Hall of Fame for his achievements in the British music industry and contribution to British music culture.
- In 2006, he got his name registered in The Guinness Book of World Records for having sold 1.6 million tickets in a day for his World Tour.
- He holds the distinction of being the first British actor to have won 18 BRIT Awards including 4 wins as a Best British Male artist.
- In 2014, he was honored with the freedom of his birth town Stoke-on-Trent. He even got a street named after him.
- Robbie has claimed to have sighted UFOs thrice in his lifetime. Due to his interest in it, he participated in a documentary produced by BBC Radio 4.
- He has established a charity named Give It Sum in his hometown. The charity works to strengthen the local community and provide monetary assistance to the disadvantaged.
- Since 2002, he has served as a Patron of the Donna Louise Trust, which is a children’s charity that provides care and support to life-limited or terminally ill children.
- In February 2006, he became a majority stakeholder of the Port Vale soccer club after investing £240,000.
- He has served as the UNICEF national ambassador.
- In December 2020, he revealed that he used to eat too much fish previously and could have died of mercury and arsenic poisoning. At that time, he was eating fish twice a day and only got tested because his wife Ayda Field is neurotic.