Natalie Jane Imbruglia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Natalie is Australian.
She also acquired naturalized British citizenship on February 28, 2013.
Natalie’s education background is unknown. However, she left school at the age of 16 to pursue an acting career.
Singer-songwriter, actress, model, philanthropist
- Father – Elliot Imbruglia
- Mother – Maxene Imbruglia (née Anderson)
- Siblings – Laura Imbruglia (Younger Sister) (Singer-Songwriter), Carla Imbruglia (Older Sister), Michelle Imbruglia (Younger Sister)
Natalie is managed by
- Untitled Entertainment
- International Creative Management (ICM)
- Primary Wave Talent Management
- In Demand Talents
RCA Records, Sony Music, Sony Masterworks, Brightside, Island
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Natalie has dated –
- Robbie Williams – Australian-British singer Robbie Williams and Natalie were rumored to be dating in the past. But, she has denied of such claims.
- David Schwimmer (1996-1997) – Natalie has dated the Friends star in 1996. Not much is known about their relationship apart from the fact that Natalie referred to it as a happy relationship in a 2015 interview.
- Chris Martin (2000) – In 2000, Coldplay singer, Chris Martin and Natalie were romantically linked to each other for a bunch of months.
- Daniel Johns (2000–2008) – Natalie and the Silverchair frontman Daniel Johns began dating in 2000. On New Year’s Eve 2003, the couple got married in a beach ceremony in Port Douglas in Queensland, Australia. But the couple mostly spent their married life apart, as Natalie lived in Windsor, England and Daniel lived in Newcastle, Australia. Due to the long distance, the couple parted ways and announced their divorce in January 2008.
- will.i.am (2008) – In 2008, the rapper will.i.am and Natalie were rumored to be dating with each other.
- Ryan Bienefelt (2016-2017) – Aspiring actor Ryan Bienefelt was spotted with Natalie, and the couple was rumored to be dating. But neither of them confirmed the relationship.
- Matt Field (2017-Present) – Natalie and photographer Matt confirmed their relationship in March 2017 when Natalie posted a pic of the two enjoying the holidays in Panarea, Sicily. She captioned the pic with a heart emoji and gave away her relationship status subtlely. Post that, they have been photographed together on several occasions.
Race / Ethnicity
Natalie is of Italian descent from her father’s side. She has English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish ancestry from her mother’s side.
- Specific eye color
- High cheekbones
35-25-36 in or 89-63.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Natalie did TV commercials for
- Twisties (Australian snack) in 1989
- Bubblicious chewing gum (1991)
- L’Oreal Feria (2002)
- L’Oreal Double Extended Mascara (2003)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Feria Pure Prismatic Hair Colour and Hydrator (2003)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Cashmere Perfect (2004)
- L’Oreal Refinish Kit micro-dermabrasion (France 2004)
- European commercial for Make Poverty A History (2005) and Kailis Luxury Brand (2011- 13).
Natalie has also done print ads for
- Gap (2002)
- L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Triple Rich Creamy Lipcolour (2003-2004)
- L’Oreal Paris Double Extend Lash Fortifier and Extender (2003-2005)
- PETA for an anti-fur ad (2008)
- Oxfam’s Sustain Me campaign (2009)
- Kailis Luxury Brand (2011-2013)
Best Known For
- Playing the character of Beth Brennan on the Australian soapie Neighbours from 1992-1994.
- Her song “Torn” in 1997 which was a cover of the Ednaswap song. She started her singing career with this song, three years after she left the show Neighbours.
- Her flawless and natural beauty.
Natalie’s debut album was Left of the Middle and was released on December 8, 1997. RIAA certified the album as platinum within four weeks of its release, and it also sold 7 million copies worldwide. It is the highest-selling debut album by any pop/rock/alternative female artist.
Her first theatrical appearance was in the British comedy Johnny English in 2003. She played the role of Lorna Campbell, opposite Rowan Atkinson.
First TV Show
She appeared on the Australian soap opera Neighbours as Beth Brennan in 1992. After completing two seasons, she left the show in 1994.
Natalie’s diet includes a lot of green vegetables, and she tries to keep her food alkalized.
Her trainer is James Duigan, and she takes the help of his Bodyism trainers for sustainability and consistency during workout sessions. She uses a foam roller during exercise as it helps release lactic acid from the muscles. She is an exponent of yoga, and it is a big part of her workout routines.
Natalie Imbruglia Favorite Things
- Word – Love
- Building – La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
Source – The Guardian
Natalie Imbruglia Facts
- She has admitted to having OCD which she claims to have inherited from her mother.
- She launched her chain of anti-aging beauty products known as ILUKA in 2014 which features native active ingredients instead of chemicals.
- Natalie refused to take part in the show Neighbour’s 20th anniversary reunion celebration in 2005. She stated, “I’ll always be grateful to the show for launching my career, but I wouldn’t want to revisit that time.”
- She performed the song “Torn” at the Amnesty Internationals ‘The Secret Policeman’s Ball’ in 2006 with David Armand midway through his interpretative dance performance.
- Natalie has collectively sold over 10 million records worldwide.
- Natalie won the MTV award for Best New Artist in 1998. Also, she was nominated consecutively for three Grammys in 1999.
- Natalie became a spokesperson for Virgin Unite in 2005 and often campaigns to raise awareness of obstetric fistula which is a serious health problem for many women.
- Natalie studied ballet, highland, and tap dancing as a 15-year-old to make a career out of it.
- After moving to London in 1994, she met her manager Anne Barret, who convinced her to record a demo of four songs. The demo included the cover song ”Torn” which impressed RCA records.
- As per the data collected in 2011 by Australian Performing Rights Association (APRA), “Torn” was the most played song on Australian radio since 1990. It was played 300,500 times since 1998 and at an average of 75 times a day.
- Torn was named as the #1 radio single of 1990’s by Rick Dees in his Top 40 Chart show in the 2000 Millennium Countdown show broadcast on New Year’s Eve from KIIS-FM.
- Natalie recorded a cover of the song “Never Tear Us Apart” from the rock band INXS in 1999. She sang the song with Tom Jones, and it appeared on his album Reload.
- Her song “Shiver” from her third album “Counting Down The Days” became the longest single in the UK since ”Torn“ and was the most played song of 2005.
- Natalie collaborated with Chris Martin of Coldplay in 2009 for two songs “My God” and “Apologise” which appeared on the internet.
- She made her stage debut in 2014 in an adaptation of Alan Ayckbourn’s play Things We Do For Love at the Theatre Royal in Bath.
- In 2008, she supported the Fashion Targets Breast cancer campaign. She supported the charity Breakthrough Breast cancer with comedian Alan Carr, Edith Bowman, Anna Friel, and model Twiggy.
- Natalie has always been praised for her natural looks and was included in the “most naturally beautiful woman of all time” list at the 6th position in 2004 by Evian.
- She was included on the list of VH1’s “100 Sexiest Artists” at the 90th place in 2002.
- She has three tattoos of Sanskrit/ Hindi inscriptions on her body. The word ‘Shreya’ on her neck, a word which means courage on her left foot and ‘Aum’ on her lower back.
- Natalie adopted a rescue dog in 2013, a Maltese Terrier, whom she named Wilson.
- In 2010, she collaborated with knitwear label Banjo & Matilda for a limited edition of cashmere jumpers with the design of a four-leaf clover on them. The proceeds from the collection went to the women’s health charity End Fistula.
- Visit her official website @ natalieimbruglia.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube VEVO, Myspace, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Manfred Werner/Tsui / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0