|Jacques Villeneuve Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 9, 1971|
Jacques Villeneuve is a Canadian professional racing driver and amateur musician who won the 1997 Formula One World Championship after having finished as a runner-up a year ago, in his very first F1 season. He was given an F1 seat in 1996 after impressing in several intermediate tier competitions having won the PPG Indy Car World Series in 1995, finishing as a runner-up at the 1992 All-Japan Formula Three Championship and having stood 3rd at the 1993 Toyota Atlantic Championship. After parting ways with F1 in 2006, he competed in several events and series such as 24 Hours of Le Mans, NASCAR Nationwide Series, Speedcar Series, Stock Car Brasil, World Rallycross Championship, Formula E, and NASCAR Whelen Euro Series, with his best result being a 2nd-place finish at the 2008 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race. Apart from his prolific racing career, he is also an amateur musician and had released an album titled Private Paradise in 2007.
Jacques Joseph Charles Villeneuve
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Montérégie, Quebec, Canada
Villars-sur-Ollon, Vaud, Ollon, Switzerland
Professional Racing Driver, Amateur Musician
- Father – Gilles Villeneuve (Professional Formula One Racing Driver) (d. 1982)
- Mother – Joann Villeneuve
- Siblings – Melanie Villeneuve (Sister)
- Others – Jacques Villeneuve Sr. (Paternal Uncle) (Former Professional Racing Driver), Jessica Villeneuve (Half-Sister), Seville Villeneuve (Paternal Grandfather) (d. 1987), Georgette Coupal Villeneuve (Paternal Grandmother) (d. 2008)
- 12 – Formula E
- 5 – NASCAR Whelen Euro Series
- 7 – 24 Hours of Le Mans
Formula One Teams
Jacques has raced for –
- Rothmans Williams Renault (1996-1997)
- Winfield Williams (1998)
- British American Racing (1999)
- Lucky Strike BAR Honda (2000-2003)
- Mild Seven Renault F1 Team (2004)
- Sauber Petronas (2005)
- BMW Sauber F1 Team (2006)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jacques has dated –
- Martina Hingis
- Natalie Imbruglia – Rumor
- Vanessa Mae (1998-1999)
- Dannii Minogue (1999-2001) – Jacques had started dating Australian singer Dannii Minogue in January 1999 and they were engaged in October 1999. They parted ways in 2001.
- Ellie Green (2001-2005)
- Johanna Martinez (2006-2009) – Jacques married Johanna Martinez on May 29, 2006, in Switzerland and they have 2 sons together named Jules Villeneuve (b. November 14, 2006) and Joakim Villeneuve (b. December 23, 2007). The couple parted ways in July 2009.
- Camilla Lopez (2012-Present) – Jacques got married to Camilla Lopez in June 2012 and they have 2 sons together named Benjamin and Henri.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Canadian-French descent.
He often tends to dye his hair blonde.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Often sports a light stubble
- Affable smile
Jacques Villeneuve Facts
- When Jacques won the 1997 Formula One World Championship, he became just the 3rd driver in history, after Mario Andretti and Emerson Fittipaldi, to have completed the triple of winning the Formula One World Championship, the CART Championship, and the Indianapolis 500 race. He had won both of the latter 2 events in 1995.
- In his first 2 years at the F1 World Championship (1996-1997), he won 11 races and earned 19 podium place finishes. However, in the next 9 years (1998-2006), he never won a race with his best results being 3rd-place finishes at 4 races; 2 each in 1998 and 2001.
- He was inducted into Canada’s ‘Walk of Fame’ in 1998 and Canada’s ‘Sports Hall of Fame’ in 2010.
- He had owned a nightclub in Montreal called Newtown, which he sold off in 2009.
Featured Image by Jacques Villeneuve / Instagram