|Edith Bowman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 1974|
Edith Bowman is a Scottish DJ, radio presenter, TV presenter, singer, music critic, and author who rose to fame after hosting the Weekday Afternoon Show and the Weekend Breakfast on BBC Radio 1 that she continued doing until 2012. Edith gained further recognition by anchoring various music festivals, and numerous TV programs like the travel show Roadtripping (2002) for BBC Choice and Channel 4’s breakfast show RI:SE (2002-2003). Bowman has presented a number of podcasts including the film and music one called Soundtracking that she launched in 2016. She has also participated in many talent shows on television as a singer including Comic Relief Does Fame Academy, having won the contest on March 11, 2005. She has written several books as well such as Edith Bowman’s Great British Music Festivals (2015).
Edith Eleanor Bowman
Anstruther, Fife, Scotland, United Kingdom
She went to secondary school at Waid Academy in Anstruther and then attended Queen Margaret University College, Edinburgh, where she studied Media and Communications.
DJ, Radio Presenter, TV Presenter, Singer, Music Critic, Author
She has been represented by Money Management.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Tom Smith (2005-Present) – She began to date musician Tom Smith in 2005. They have 2 sons named Rudy Brae Bowman Smith (b. June 10, 2008) and Spike Bowman Smith (b. February 2013). Edith and Tom tied the knot on December 22, 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Scottish descent.
- Large and expressive eyes
- Sharp features
Edith Bowman Favorite Things
- Item She Has Possessed – A DVD of her grandfather that she had filmed about 6 months prior to his demise
- Music Band – Wintersleep
- I-Phone Apps – Angry Birds, Flixter
Source – The Guardian, Podcart
Edith Bowman Facts
- She was raised in Anstruther in Fife, Scotland.
- Edith has disclosed that aside from property, the most expensive thing she has ever purchased has been a pair of Balenciaga boots that were extortionate, however, she has relished wearing them for more than a decade.
- She has enjoyed presenting barefoot on MTV.
- She has supported Manchester United FC.
- Edith has described the feeling of love to be something that cannot be explained or put in a box and has found it to change daily, having been surprised when she has least expected it.
- The words or phrases she has most overused have been “Get off your phone”.
- She has observed that her to-do lists have often kept her awake at night.
- Edith has realized that the most exciting thing to do on holiday as a family has involved activities in the water, be it the pool, beach, waterpark or even a fountain in a town.
- She has advised that those craving to enter a career in broadcasting in the industry, should never take no for an answer and work hard, keeping full faith and trust in one’s own self.
- Edith has found Japan to be the most unusual destination she ever visited with the feeling, having been that it was just out of this world. From the Blade Runner scenes of Tokyo to the magical experience of resting in a Buddhist monastery on a clifftop, it had been bewildering and incredible.
Featured Image by Edith Bowman / Instagram