Meryl Elizabeth Davis
Royal Oak, Michigan, United States
Meryl Davis went to the Wylie E. Groves High School (which has been renamed as Birmingham Groves High School) in Michigan.
She was then enrolled at the University of Michigan to major in cultural anthropology. Meryl is also studying Italian at University.
- Father – Paul D. Davis
- Mother – Cheryl Davis
- Siblings – Clayton Davis (Younger Brother)
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
49 kg or 108 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Meryl Davis has dated –
- Fedor Andreev (2014) – In 2014, Meryl Davis was spotted watching a baseball game with the former Russian skater Fedor Andreev, which gave wind to the RUMORs that they were dating. The fact that she was almost crouching on his lap certainly gave more urgency to the rumors.
Race / Ethnicity
Davis is of Irish, English, German and Scottish descent.
- Broad smile
- Raised eyebrows
32-23-34 in or 81-58.5-86 cm
0 (US) or 32 (EU) or 4 (UK)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
Along with ice dancing partner Charlie White, Meryl has been featured in the promotional campaign for the Procter & Gamble’s Puffs product line, and VISA Card.
Best Known For
- Her tremendous achievements in the ice skating sports.
- Winning the 18th season of Dancing with the Stars along with Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
First Ice Dance Appearance
Meryl Davis and Charlie White made their senior debut in the 2006-2007 season.
First TV Show
Apart from the telecast of official ice dance events, she made her first TV show appearance in news show Access Hollywood in January 2014 as herself.
In the lead up to the Olympics, Meryl prefers to hit the gym three times a week. The Wednesdays are specially reserved for the cardio work, whereas she goes for weight and plyometric workout on Mondays and Fridays. This workout regime is in addition to the five days a week training they undertake in the ice rink. After the Olympics, she limits her gym work to cardio only.
In the lead up to any major event, she tries to eat small meals throughout the day. The focus is on getting as much protein as possible.
Meryl Davis Favorite Things
- Snack – Nutri Grain Bars (Strawberry flavor)
- Food – Chicken Caesar Salad, peanut butter
- TV Series – Modern Family, Game of Thrones
Source – USNews.com, People.com, HiddenRemote.com
Meryl Davis Facts
- Meryl Davis was partnered with Charlie White by her childhood skating coach. They used to live just 10 minutes apart and their parents were best friends.
- In the third grade, she was diagnosed with dyslexia because of which she had difficulty in reading till the 11th grade.
- Meryl associates with the American Cancer Society and the March of Dimes. She has also done charity work in support of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and The Humane Society.
- Meryl and her dance partner Charlie White hold the distinction of being the first American ice dancer couple to claim the World Title.
- Davis and Charlie White have created history by becoming the first competitor team from the US to claim the Olympic gold medal in the ice dancing discipline.