|Ray J Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ray J is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, television personality, actor, and entrepreneur who has released various albums, extended plays, and tracks like This Ain’t a Game, Everything You Want, All I Feel, Emerald City, Everything You Want, Another Day in Paradise (with Brandy), Famous (featuring Chris Brown), Never Shoulda Did That, and Formal Invite (featuring Pharrell). In addition to his career as a musician, he has also appeared in movies and shows such as Christmas at Water’s Edge, Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!, The Sinbad Show, Brandy and Ray J: A Family Business, Celebrity Big Brother, One on One, and The Enemy Within.
William Ray Norwood Jr.
McComb, Mississippi, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He studied at the Carson High School, a 4-year public high school located in Carson, California, United States.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Television Personality
- Father – Willie Norwood (Gospel Singer)
- Mother – Sonja Bates-Norwood
- Siblings – Brandy Norwood (Older Sister) (Singer, Actress)
- Others – Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr. aka Snoop Dogg (First Cousin), Sasha Banks (Cousin) (professional Wrestler, Actress), Cecil (Paternal Grandmother), Fred “Freddie” Bates (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Thompson (Maternal Grandmother)
David Weintraub of DWE Talent manages Ray J.
R&B, Hip-hop, Pop
Atlantic Knockout, Deja 34, E1, Koch Entertainment, Elektra, Cash Money Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ray J has dated –
- Karrine Steffans (2000) – Author Karrine was dating Ray J in the year 2000.
- Lil’ Kim (2001-2002) – Rapper Lil’ Kim was involved with Ray J for a year before they called it quits.
- Arika Kane (2003) – Ray J reportedly hooked up with rapper Arika Kane in 2003.
- Kim Kardashian West (2004-2007) – Ray J and the famous reality star, Kim Kardashian began dating in 2004. They were in an on-again-off-again relationship. When Vivid Entertainment released their sex tape, the two decided to call it quits.
- Pamela Anderson (2006) – The Baywatch beauty had a fling with Ray J in 2006.
- Tila Tequila (2006) – Adult film actress and TV personality, Tila Tequila had a fling with Ray J in 2006. She even posted a status claiming that no man has made her feel so unique and loved. However, the two couldn’t last long and broke up.
- Teairra Mari (2006-2014) – The two were on again and off again for nearly 8 years on Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood. The two called it quits and had an ugly break up in 2014. Ray J even went on to say in an interview that she was physically abusive at times.
- Ann Hill – Ray J dated Ann Hill who appeared on the dating show “For the Love of Ray J” in 2009.
- Whitney Houston (2007-2008 and 2009-2012) – Singer Whitney Houston was romantically involved with Ray J from 2007 to 2012. However, Ray J denied and stated that they were just friends. Post the death of Whitney, Ray J was very disturbed and was going through a tough phase.
- Moniece Slaughter (2007-2008) – Ray J hooked up with singer and TV personality, Moniece Slaughter in 2007. The two continued to see each other for a year. She went on to reveal later in 2016 on Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood that Princess (Ray J’s wife) was an alcoholic.
- Joanna Hernandez (2008-2009)
- Ananda Lewis (2008)
- Mary Cherry (2009)
- Jen The Pen (2008) (Rumor)
- Danielle Pastorino (2009)
- Connie Deveaux (2009-2010)
- Leila Depina (2010)
- Carla Howe (2010 and 2013) – British model Carla Howe and Ray J dated for some time in 2010. They reconciled in 2013 for some time.
- Brittany Pena (2010-2011)
- Imogen Thomas (2011)
- Danielle Staub (2011) (Rumor) – It was rumored that he had a fling with television personality Danielle Staub in 2011.
- Monica Leon (2010)
- Olivia Alvarez (2011-2012) – Ray J dated Mexican personality, Olivia (student at that time) from 2011 until 2012. The two were often spotted at events together. However, they couldn’t last long and decided to part ways.
- Draya Michele (2012) – Reality TV actress Draya had a fling with Ray J in 2012.
- Jackée Harry (2012) – Actress Jackée Harry was rumored to be dating Ray J in 2012.
- Mia Milano (2012) – Ray J became close with Mia Milano after the passing of Whitney Houston. Ray J even proposed to her, and the two got engaged later on. However, the duo decided to break up and call off the engagement.
- Sophie Monk (2012) – English born Australian singer-actress hooked up with Ray J in 2012.
- Somaya Reece (2013) – Actress Somaya hooked up with Ray J in 2013.
- Karrueche Tran (2014) – Ray J was rumored to have dated actress Karrueche Tran in 2014.
- Princess Love (March 2014–2020) – Former stripper Princess Love was previously dating Ray J’s best friend Floyd Mayweather Jr. The two had their first encounter on the show Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood. The pair had a turbulent relationship. Ray J finally proposed to her in October 2015 and the two got married on August 12, 2015. They parent 2 children – a daughter named Melody Norwood (b. May 22, 2018) and a son named Epik Ray Norwood (b. December 30, 2019). However, he filed for divorce from her in September 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He is African-American.
- His smile
- Boyish looks
His body specifications might be –
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
At the early age of 8, Ray J started appearing in commercials. He has been seen in the commercials for
- Gap (1997)
Best Known For
- Getting featured in a p*rnographic home video with his then-girlfriend Kim Kardashian, which was then released by Vivid Entertainment
- Being the brother of famous singer and actress Brandy Norwood
Ray J released his debut album titled Everything You Want in 1997. It peaked at #33 on Billboard 200.
In 1995, he made his theatrical film debut as Cliff in the romantic-drama film, Once Upon a Time… When We Were Colored.
First TV Show
Ray J made his television show debut as L. J. Beckley in the comedy-drama The Sinbad Show from 1993-1994 and appeared in 24 episodes.
Ray J loves working out in the gym as it helps him keep fit and energetic.
Ray J Favorite Things
- Sci-Fi Movies – Independence Day (1996), Men In Black (1997), Splice (2009), Aliens vs. Predators (2007), The Thing (1982)
Source – Billboard.com
Ray J Facts
- He has a pet dog name Bully Babie who is also on Instagram.
- On April 8, 2008, he released his 4th studio album, All I Feel, which topped the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart.
- A woman accused him of inappropriately touching her posterior at a bar of the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, California on May 30, 2014.
- In January 2017, he competed in the 19th season of the UK reality television series Celebrity Big Brother. However, he walked out of the show just after a week.
- He appeared on the cooking series My Kitchen Rules which aired on FOX. He competed against his sister Brandy.
- When he was young, he moved with his parents and older sister Brandy to California.
- For his wife Princess Love to conceive, Ray J had to quit smoking and start eating healthy along with working out.
- He is best friends with former boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- On November 13, 2017, it was reported that Ray J cracked a $31 million deal to launch his electronic transportation brand, Raycon.
Featured Image by Toglenn / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0