|Sasha Banks Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 26, 1992|
Sasha Banks is a professional wrestler from Fairfield, California, U.S. Before signing up with WWE in 2012, she used to wrestle in independent promotions. She made her wrestling debut on August 8, 2010. Within 2 years of starting wrestling, she had signed up with WWE. In 2016, Sasha became the first ever woman who contested in a Hell in a Cell match.
Sasha Banks, Mercedes KV, Miss Mercedes, The Boss
Fairfield, California, United States
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Sasha Banks wasn’t able to get her school through the traditional system and instead completed her studies through an online program.
- Mother – Judith Varnado
- Siblings – She has an autistic brother.
- Others – Snoop Dogg (First Cousin) (Rapper, Singer, Songwriter), Daz Dillinger (First Cousin) (Rapper, Record Producer), Brandy Norwood (First Cousin) (Singer, Actress), Ray J (First Cousin) (Singer, Actor)
Sasha Banks can be reached through WWE, Inc.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sasha Banks has dated
- Sarath Ton (2011-Present) – In August 2016, Banks got married to the WWE costume designer, Sarath Ton who earlier used to wrestle under the ‘Kid Makaze’ moniker. Sasha Banks had largely kept their relationship under wraps. They also didn’t initially post anything on the social media about their marriage. Only after their wedding picture was leaked on social media, they were forced to speak about their marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African-American and German ancestry.
But, she is often seen with her hair dyed in bright and flamboyant shades such as ‘purple’ and ‘pink’.
- Unique and bright hair colors
- Toned figure
Sasha Banks hasn’t appeared in any TV commercial. However, she has used her social media presence to promote a number of brands and products.
Banks was raised in a very religious household. Her family used to visit church 5 days a week and her mother wanted her to get into the Church choir and not focus on wrestling.
As an adult, she has stuck to her faith.
Best Known For
- Her successful and high-profile stint with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) during which she has performed in NXT and Raw brands. She has managed to win multiple titles during her stint in both the territories of the popular wrestling promotion.
- Her popularity on various social media platforms including Instagram on which she has over 4 million followers.
First WWE Match
In December 2012, Sasha made her WWE televised debut in a match against Paige in an NXT event. She lost the match.
First TV Show
In February 2013, Sasha Banks made her first TV show appearance on the comedy show, The JBL Show.
Sasha Banks works pretty hard in the gym to keep herself in top condition for her in-ring commitments. She usually hits the gym 5 days a week and her each workout session usually lasts for about 2 hours. During her gym session, the focus is usually on working her entire body and involves lots of compound barbell movements, ropework, big lifts, and kettlebell exercises. She especially loves working on deadlifts in the gym.
When she is traveling because of her wrestling work, she tries to find the CrossFit gym in the town. Once she finds one, she just focusses on conditioning and strength training work. She doesn’t believe in doing cardio in the gym as she believes her ring work takes care of it.
She complements her workout regime by sticking to a healthy and protein-rich diet plan. To make sure that there aren’t any slip-ups on the road, she packs her meal in the cooler bag so that she can later defrost and reheat it at the hotels and arenas. Her daily diet plan is as follows
- Breakfast – Egg-white omelet with feta cheese, turkey, and onion
- Lunch – She likes to have a salad with chicken for her lunch.
- Dinner – Usually comprises of asparagus and salmon
- Snacks – She usually relies on protein shakes to take care of her hunger in between meals. The other snacking options are fruits, beef jerky, and tuna packets.
- Finishing Moves
- Bankrupt (Straight Jacket Neckbreaker Slam)
- Bank Statement (Bridging Crossface, often executed with a Double Knee Backbreaker)
- Signature Moves
- Diving Double Knee Drop
- High Knee
Sasha Banks Favorite Things
- Music – K-pop
- Wrestler – Eddie Guerrero
- Influences – Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, Mickie James, Ivory, Molly Holly, Jazz, and Victoria
- Anime – Sailor Moon
- Cheat Foods – Pizza, burger, and Ramen noodles
- K-Pop Artists – G-Dragon, Taeyang, and Rain
- Wrestling Trainer – Norman Smiley
Sasha Banks Facts
- While growing up, she moved around a lot with her family as they sought better treatment for her brother, who was diagnosed with autism.
- She wanted to get into wrestling at an age as early as 10. However, her mother wasn’t a fan of wrestling and tried to dissuade her from taking up wrestling as a career.
- When she started her wrestling career in an independent circuit, she used to perform under the stage name of Mercedes KV.
- In 2012, she became the first female wrestler to reign as Chaotic Wrestling Women’s Champion for more than 200 days. Her reign ended at 260 days as the title was declared vacant after she signed a contract with WWE.
- In 2016 WWE Draft, she was assigned to the Raw brand and in her first ever match with Raw, she managed to win the WWE Women’s Championship by defeating Charlotte Flair.
- She has taken wrestling training from Maeve Stowe and Brian Milonas. Hanson and Sara Del Rey have also helped her improve her technical skills.
- In 2016, the Pro Wrestling Illustrated placed her in the 2nd spot in their PWI Female 50 list.
- It has been reported that her cousin Snoop Dogg helped her in creating her in-ring persona. He even rapped for her entrance in the ring at Wrestlemania 32.
- She has often revealed that her interest in wrestling as a kid was sparked by watching All Japan Women’s Pro Wrestling.
- She never got to watch her favorite wrestler Eddie Guerrero. She once went to watch the Raw event in November 2005 during which Guerrero was slated to take on Undertaker but he sadly passed away the day before the match on November 13, 2005.
- In 2008, Sasha managed to win a Tough Enough style challenge, which helped her win a full scholarship to the Chaotic Training Center. She was the only female trainee in her class.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Miguel Discart / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0