|Andrea Corr Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 17, 1974|
Andrea Corr is an Irish musician, singer, songwriter, stage artist, and actress who is best known for being the lead vocalist of the Celtic folk-rock and pop-rock group The Corrs, which also includes her siblings Caroline, Sharon, and Jim. In addition to that, she has branched out as an actress and has been a part of several projects which include The Commitments, The Boys from County Clare, Broken Thread, Quest for Camelot, Evita, and Dancing at Lughnasa.
Andrea Jane Corr
Dundalk, County Louth, Ireland
Andrea Corr studied at Dun Lughaidh Convent.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Stage Artist
- Father – Patrick Gerard “Gerry” Corr (Musician, Manager of the payroll department of the Irish Electricity Supply Board (the E.S.B.))
- Mother – Jean (Bell) (Musician, Housewife)
- Siblings – Sharon Corr (Older Sister) (Musician, Singer, Songwriter, TV Personality), Caroline Corr (Older Sister) (Singer, Drummer), Jim Corr (Older Brother) (Musician, Singer, Songwriter, DJ)
- Others – James Corr (Paternal Grandfather), Alice McNally (Paternal Grandmother), William Bell (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth “Lizzie” Blee (Maternal Grandmother), Jake Gerard Woods (Nephew), Georgina Woods (Niece), Rihann Andrea Woods (Niece), Brandon Corr (Nephew), Cathal (“Cal”) Robert Gerard (Nephew), Flori Jean Elizabeth (Niece)
Andrea Corr is managed by Independent Talent Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Moreover, as a member of The Corrs, she is represented by MBC PR, Public Relations Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Pop, Rock, Celtic, Alternative Rock, Celtic Fusion, Folk Rock, Pop Rock
Vocals, Tin Whistle, Piano, Ukulele
AC Records, 143 Records, Lava Records, Atlantic Records, Eastwest
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Andrea Corr has dated –
- Robbie Williams (1999) – Rumor
- Jason Priestley (1999)
- Gavin Rossdale (2000)
- Huey Morgan (2000)
- Giles Baxendale (2000-2002)
- Shaun Evans (2002-2006)
- Brett Desmond (2007-Present) – After dating for a while, the duo got married on August 21, 2009, at St Joseph’s church in the village of Miltown Malbay, County Clare, Ireland and Sharon Corr and Caroline Corr sang “No Frontiers” at the wedding. They parent 2 children – a daughter named Jean Desmond (b. April 28, 2012) and a son named Brett Desmond, Jr. (b. January 4, 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
Andrea Corr is of Irish descent.
- Prefers to perform with bare feet
- The shortest member of The Corrs
She grew up in a Catholic household.
Andrea Corr Facts
- She grew up in Dundalk, Ireland.
- Her father used to give her piano lessons.
- She made her theatrical film debut as Sharon Rabbitte in the 1991 musical comedy-drama film, The Commitments.
- Andrea Corr was ranked at number #79 by FHM in its “100 Sexiest Girls of 2002” list.
- Along with her siblings, she was honored with an MBE in 2005 by Queen Elizabeth II in recognition of both their musical contributions and their charitable work which included raising money for Freeman Hospital in Newcastle upon Tyne.
- As a solo artist, Andrea Corr released her debut album, Ten Feet High, on June 22, 2007, and it was ranked at number #9 on Spanish Albums Chart, at number #24 on Irish Albums Chart, and at number #38 on UK Albums Chart.
- She has suffered 5 miscarriages.
- Andrea’s credits as a stage artist include playing Christina “Chris” Mundy in Dancing at Lughnasa at the Old Vic theatre in 2009.
Featured Image by Charlie Brewer / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0