|Sharon Corr Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 24, 1970|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Sharon Corr is an Irish singer, songwriter, musician, and television personality who is best known for being a member of the pop-rock band The Corrs alongside her siblings. Apart from that, Sharon Corr has also flourished as a solo artist and has released albums and tracks such as Dream of You, The Same Sun, Everybody’s Got to Learn Sometime, Me and My Teddy Bear, It’s Not a Dream, Over It, and We Could Be Lovers.
Sharon Helga Corr
Dundalk, County Louth, Ireland
Sharon Corr studied at Dun Lughaidh Convent.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Television Personality
- Father – Patrick Gerard “Gerry” Corr (Musician)
- Mother – Jean (Bell) (Musician)
- Siblings – Andrea Corr (Younger Sister) (Musician, Songwriter, Actress), Caroline Corr (Younger Sister) (Singer, Drummer), Jim Corr (Older Brother) (Musician, Singer, Songwriter, DJ)
- Others – James Corr (Paternal Grandfather), Alice McNally (Paternal Grandmother), William Bell (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth “Lizzie” Blee (Maternal Grandmother), Jean Desmond (Niece), Brett Desmond Jr. (Nephew), Jake Gerard Woods (Nephew), Georgina Woods (Niece), Rihann Andrea Woods (Niece), Brandon Corr (Nephew)
As a member of The Corrs, Sharon Corr is represented by MBC PR, Public Relations Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Pop, Rock, Celtic, Alternative Rock, Celtic Fusion, Folk Rock, Pop Rock
Violin, Vocals, Piano, Guitar
Rhino Entertainment Company, Warner Bros., 143 Records, Lava Records, Atlantic, Eastwest
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sharon Corr has dated –
- Robert Gavin Bonnar (1995-2019) – She first met Belfast barrister Robert Gavin Bonnar while shooting the video for Runaway, the debut single of The Corrs. After dating for a few years, they got married in Cratloe Church, County Clare in the year 2001 and welcomed their first child, a son named Cathal (“Cal”) Robert Gerard, on March 31, 2006. The duo also parents a daughter named Flori Jean Elizabeth (b. July 18, 2007). However, in October 2019, Sharon Corr and Robert Gavin Bonnar decided to part ways.
Race / Ethnicity
Sharon Corr is of Irish descent.
- Dimpled smile
- Lean physique
Sharon Corr was raised in a Catholic household.
Sharon Corr Facts
- She was 6 years old when she started learning the violin.
- She performed with the Redeemer Youth Orchestra of Country Louth between the ages of 7 and 14.
- Along with her siblings, Sharon Corr was honored with an MBE in 2005 by Queen Elizabeth II in recognition of both their musical contributions and their charitable work which included raising money for Freeman Hospital in Newcastle upon Tyne.
- She has previously served as one of the coaches of The Voice of Ireland.
- Sharon Corr has revealed that she struggled with social anxiety disorder after becoming a mother.
- As a solo artist, she released her first album, Dream of You, on September 10, 2010.
- Sharon Corr has also appeared on a number of TV shows like Beverly Hills, 90210, The Late Late Show, C à vous, Les années bonheur, The Michael Ball Show, Morten og Peter i Dublin, The Rosie O’Donnell Show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Late Night with Conan O’Brien, and La llamada de la suerte.
- She is well-versed in Spanish.
Featured Image by Eddy BERTHIER / Flickr / CC BY 2.0