|Rosie O’Donnell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1962|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Rosie O’Donnell is an American comedian, producer, actress, voice artist, author, theatre artist, and television personality who has been a part of many television projects such as Spin City, Gimme a Break!, Stand By Your Man, The View, The Ren & Stimpy Show, Bless This House, Living Single, The Larry Sanders Show, Night Stand, The Nanny, Time of Your Life, Jackie’s Back, Suddenly Susan, Murphy Brown, Blue’s Clues, Third Watch, Will & Grace, The Practice, Judging Amy, Queer as Folk, Nip/Tuck, The Fosters, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Drop Dead Diva, Who Do You Think You Are?, Happily Divorced, Bomb Girls, Captain Jake and the Never Land Pirates, Impractical Jokers, I Know This Much Is True, American Dad!, Russian Doll, A League of Their Own, When We Rise, Difficult People, Run the World, and Beverly Hills, 90210. Moreover, her film credits include Sleepless in Seattle, Riding the Bus with My Sister, The Twilight of the Golds, A League of Their Own, Another Stakeout, Fatal Instinct, The Flintstones, A Very Brady Sequel, Harriet the Spy, The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas, Tarzan, Wide Awake, Now and Then, Exit to Eden, Artists and Orphans: A True Drama, and I’ll Do Anything.
Rosie, Dolly, Ro
Commack, New York, United States
Nyack, New York, United States
Rosie O’Donnell went to Commack High School and graduated in 1980.
She then got enrolled at the Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
Finally, she shifted to Boston University. She didn’t complete her graduate-level studies at Boston as well and dropped out early.
Television personality, comedian, actress, author, producer, voice artist, theatre artist
- Father – Edward Joseph O’Donnell (Electrical Engineer in Defense Industry)
- Mother – Roseann Teresa (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Daniel J. O’Donnell (Older Brother) (Lawyer and Democratic member of the New York State Assembly)
- Others – Edward John O’Donnell (Paternal Grandfather), Catherine McDaid (Paternal Grandmother), Daniel Andrew Murtha (Maternal Grandfather), Kathryn Marguerite McKenna (Maternal Grandmother)
Rosie O’Donnell has been represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Her net worth has been $120 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Rosie O’Donnell has dated –
- Kelli Carpenter (2004-2007) – In February 2004, after the San Francisco mayor had made same-sex marriages legal, Rosie got married to Kelli Carpenter, who used to work as a marketing executive for Nickelodeon. However, their marriage was dissolved in August 2004, after California Supreme Court made same-sex unions null. After their marriage, Kelli legally adopted Parker Jaren O’Donnel, whom Rosie had adopted as an infant in 1995. They later adopted Chelsea Belle O’Donnell (b. 1997) and Blake Christopher O’Donnell (b. 1999). In 2002, Carpenter gave birth to Vivienne Rose O’Donnell, after getting pregnant with artificial insemination. In her 2009 interview, Rosie revealed that Kelli had left their home in 2007. And, as their marriage was already annulled by Supreme Court, they didn’t have to go through a divorce.
- Tracy Kachtick-Anders (2009-2011) – Rosie made her relationship with Texas-based artist Tracy Kachtick-Anders public in December 2009. They dated for a little over a year, before breaking up in February 2011.
- Michelle Rounds (2011-2015) – O’Donnell started going out with Michelle Rounds in mid-2011. While shooting for her TV show, The Rosie Show in December 2011, she told studio audience that she had got engaged to Michelle. In June 2012, they got married in a small ceremony in New York City. By the start of 2013, she announced that they had adopted a girl, Dakota O’Donnell. In 2014, they decided to split. In February 2015, she filed for divorce from Michelle. The divorce was finally settled in October 2015 after a messy fight between them behind the scenes about custody of their adopted daughter and monetary assets. As part of the divorce settlement, she was awarded full custody of their daughter.
- Tatum O’Neal (2015) – She started going out with actress Tatum O’Neal in August 2015. However, the relationship came to an end in October 2015.
- Elizabeth Rooney – She was romantically involved with Elizabeth Rooney in the past and they reportedly got engaged in 2018. The duo parted ways the following year.
- Aimee (2022) – In June 2022, Rosie confirmed her relationship with Aimee through an Instagram post. In October 2022, it was revealed that the couple had broken up.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish ancestry on both her parents’ sides.
40-35-45 in or 102-89-114 cm
18 (US) or 50 (EU)
10 (US) or 7.5 (UK) or 40.5 (EU)
Rosie appeared in the TV commercials for
- The retail chain, K-Mart alongside Penny Marshall.
- McDonald’s, featuring Flintstone collectors’ glasses
- Comedy Central television network.
In 1999, Rosie was used in print adverts for the Get Caught Reading book campaign.
She is agnostic.
Best Known For
- Having hosted the popular daytime talk show, The Rosie O’Donnell Show.
- Her strong opinions that have often led to her getting caught up in controversies.
In 1992, Rosie made her film debut in the role of Doris Murphy in the sports comedy movie, A League of Their Own.
First TV Show
From 1986 to 1987, Rosie appeared in the NBC sitcom, Gimme a Break! as Maggie O’Brien.
In 2012, Rosie suffered a life-threatening heart attack, which forced her to adapt to a healthy lifestyle. She got gastric sleeve surgery done in 2013 and started following a doctor-ordered diet and working out regularly.
For the workout, she relied on daily walks.
Regarding diet, she gave up red meat and carbs and completely refrained from sugar consumption. Her new active and healthy lifestyle eventually helped her lose 50 pounds.
Rosie O’Donnell Favorite Things
- Role Models – Barbra Streisand and Bette Midler
- NFL Team – New York Jets
- Actor – Tom Cruise
- Music Artist – Lady Gaga
- Books – Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
Source – IMDb
Rosie O’Donnell Facts
- In 2016, Rosie reported that her daughter Chelsea had run away from home. Chelsea later alleged that she was kicked out by her mother and she also refuted claims that she was mentally ill.
- Chelsea accused Rosie of being an ignorant and lazy mother, who relied on nannies to raise her children. She also accused Rosie of duplicity. She later accused Rosie of attacking her with a wine bottle.
- Rosie started her feud with Donald Trump in December 2006 by calling him a snake oil salesman. Their feud over the years includes Trump slamming her numerous shows and her claiming in September 2016 that he would never win the election.
- Before she found financial success, she used to work in the catalog department at Sears. She was tasked with attaching orders to the catalog and then dumping those catalogs in the bin before fetching new orders.
- In 2000, the doctors came close to amputating her arm due to a staph infection. She had sliced the middle finger of her left hand by mistake while trying to cut the price tag from a fishing pole.
- While attending an Ovarian Cancer Research benefit event at Caroline’s Comedy Club, she announced that she was a lesbian. By coming out, she wanted to draw attention to the gay child adoption problem.
- In May 1996, she agreed to a deal with Warner Books for her memoir. She was paid an advance of $3 million for her book.
- She used the advance money from the book deal as seed money to establish For All Kids Foundation, which works to enhance standards of daycare all over the country.
- In October 2006, Rosie’s philanthropic work through her foundation was recognized by New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children and as a result, she was felicitated.
- In 2003, she teamed up with Artistic Director Lori Klinger to establish Rosie’s Broadway Kids, which works to impart free-of-cost dance and music classes to New York Public schools.
- Rosie donated more than $5 million to the relief effort in aftermath of the Katrina Hurricane. Part of her donation was used to create temporary shelters for hurricane victims and build daycare centers.
- For the rehabilitation of Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans, Rosie donated several hundred thousand dollars.
- She filed a lawsuit against a Portland-based radio station, KRSK-FM after they used Rosie 105 nickname for their station. The court cleared the radio station of any image rights violation as they were referencing Portland’s nickname, The Rosie City.
- In 2003, Rosie and her then-partner Kelli Carpenter collaborated with entrepreneur Gregg Kaminsky to start R Family Vacations, which provided tourism and travel packages exclusively to LGBT families.
- She never signs autographs for her adult fans.
- In 2022, she started appearing as Det. Joan Sunday in the neo-noir crime drama television series American Gigolo.
- She loves to collect toys and McDonald’s Happy Meal toys form a bulk of her collection.