|Jim Corr Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1964|
Jim Corr is an Irish musician, singer, songwriter, and DJ who has gained acclaim for being the oldest member of the Irish pop-rock band named The Corrs which he co-founded alongside his sisters Andrea, Sharon, and Caroline. As a member of The Corrs, he has been a part of various musical projects such as Forgiven, Not Forgotten, Borrowed Heaven, Talk on Corners, In Blues, Jupiter Calling, and White Light.
James Steven Ignatius Corr
Dundalk, County Louth, Ireland
Jim Corr got enrolled at music college.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, DJ
- Father – Patrick Gerard “Gerry” Corr (Musician)
- Mother – Jean (Bell) (Musician)
- Siblings – Andrea Corr (Younger Sister) (Musician, Songwriter, Actress), Caroline Corr (Younger Sister) (Singer, Drummer), Sharon Corr (Younger Sister) (Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Television Personality)
- Others – James Corr (Paternal Grandfather), Alice McNally (Paternal Grandmother), William Bell (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth “Lizzie” Blee (Maternal Grandmother), Jean Desmond (Niece), Brett Desmond Jr. (Nephew), Jake Gerard Woods (Nephew), Georgina Woods (Niece), Rihann Andrea Woods (Niece), Cathal (“Cal”) Robert Gerard (Nephew), Flori Jean Elizabeth (Niece)
As a member of The Corrs, Jim Corr is represented by MBC PR, Public Relations Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Pop, Rock, Celtic, Alternative Rock, Celtic Fusion, Folk Rock, Pop Rock
Guitar, Keyboard, Piano, Mandolin, Accordion, Vocals
143 Records, Lava Records, Atlantic, Eastwest
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jim Corr has dated –
- Andrea Roche
- Gayle Williamson (2005-2006) – Jim was previously in a relationship with former Miss Northern Ireland Gayle Williamson and the duo even got engaged before finally deciding to split up. They parent a son named Brandon Corr.
- Marisa Mackle (2006-2007)
Race / Ethnicity
Jim Corr is of Irish descent.
- Receding hairline
- Deep-set eyes
He was raised in a Catholic household.
Jim Corr Facts
- He started learning the piano and the guitar at a very young age and by the time he was 15 years old, he started performing along with his parents in Dundalk’s bars and clubs.
- Along with his sisters, Jim Corr received an MBE in 2005 by Queen Elizabeth II in recognition of both their musical contributions and their charitable work which included raising money for Freeman Hospital in Newcastle upon Tyne.
- With The Corrs, he released the band’s first studio album, Forgiven, Not Forgotten, on September 26, 1995, through Atlantic Records. The album was certified ’13× Platinum’ by Ireland (IRMA) and ‘9× Platinum’ by Australia (ARIA).
- Jim Corr is a licensed helicopter pilot.
- He is a vegetarian as well as a pro-life advocate who endorsed a No vote in the 2018 Irish abortion referendum.
- He has been a member of the 9/11 Truth Movement which includes conspiracy theorists who dispute the mainstream account of the September 11 attacks of 2001.
- Jim Corr breeds budgerigars, the long-tailed, seed-eating parrot also known as the parakeet.
- Over the years, he has been involved in many charitable projects and also performed at Nelson Mandela‘s 46664 concert in South Africa in order to raise awareness of the growing AIDS epidemic in Africa.
Featured Image by Tibor Pallerman / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0