|Caroline Corr Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1973|
Caroline Corr is an Irish singer and drummer known for being a member of the Celtic folk-rock band The Corrs, alongside her siblings. They were honored with MBEs by Queen Elizabeth II in 2005 in recognition of both their musical contributions and their charitable work which included raising money for Freeman Hospital in Newcastle upon Tyne. The Corrs has also released a wide range of discography which include albums like Forgiven, Not Forgotten, Borrowed Heaven, Talk on Corners, In Blues, Jupiter Calling, and White Light.
Caroline Georgina Corr
Chick with Stick
Dundalk, County Louth, Ireland
Caroline Corr studied at Dun Lughaidh Convent.
- Father – Patrick Gerard “Gerry” Corr (Musician)
- Mother – Jean (Bell) (Musician)
- Siblings – Andrea Corr (Younger Sister) (Musician, Songwriter, Actress), Sharon Corr (Older Sister) (Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Television Personality), Jim Corr (Older Brother) (Musician, Singer, Songwriter, DJ)
- Others – James Corr (Paternal Grandfather), Alice McNally (Paternal Grandmother), William Bell (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth “Lizzie” Blee (Maternal Grandmother), Jean Desmond (Niece), Brett Desmond Jr. (Nephew), Brandon Corr (Nephew), Cathal (“Cal”) Robert Gerard (Nephew), Flori Jean Elizabeth (Niece)
Caroline Corr is represented by MBC PR, Public Relations Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Pop, Rock, Celtic, Alternative Rock, Celtic Fusion, Folk Rock, Pop Rock
Drums, Bodhrán, Percussion, Tambourine, Cajón, Piano, Vocals
Warner Bros., 143 Records, Lava Records, Atlantic, Eastwest
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Caroline Corr has dated –
- Frank Woods (2001-Present) – She tied the knot with property developer Frank Woods on August 22, 2002, in Majorca, Spain. The duo parents 3 children – a son named Jake Gerard Woods (b. February 12, 2003) and 2 daughters named Georgina Woods (b. October 11, 2004) and Rihann Woods (b. December 1, 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
Caroline Corr is of Irish descent.
- Dimpled smile
- Deep-set eyes
She grew up in a Catholic household.
Caroline Corr Facts
- She was born on St. Patrick’s Day (national day of Ireland).
- Her parents encouraged Caroline and her siblings to pursue music and it was her father who started teaching her piano at a very young age.
- With The Corrs, she released the band’s first studio album, Forgiven, Not Forgotten, on September 26, 1995, through Atlantic Records. The album was certified ’13× Platinum’ by Ireland (IRMA) and ‘9× Platinum’ by Australia (ARIA).
- At the 2002 Hotpress Awards, Caroline Corr was honored as the “Musician Of The Year”.
- She has also been a part of an Irish collective of female musicians named Irish Women in Harmony which recorded a version of Dreams to help the charity SafeIreland, which deals with domestic abuse.
- Over the years, Caroline Corr has appeared on shows such as C à vous, Children in Need, Wetten, dass..?, Morten og Peter i Dublin, The Rosie O’Donnell Show, and Late Night with Conan O’Brien.
Featured Image by Corranga / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0