|Dionne Warwick Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 12, 1940|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dionne Warwick is an iconic American singer, television host, and actress who has released successful singles like Don’t Make Me Over, I Say A Little Prayer, Walk On By, Do You Know the Way to San Jose?, Anyone Who Had a Heart, etc. She has more than 400k followers on Facebook, more than 300k subscribers on YouTube, and more than 100k followers on Twitter and Instagram.
Marie Dionne Warrick
Dionne, The Princess of Pop
Orange, New Jersey, United States
Singer, Actress, Television Host
- Father – Mancel Warrick
- Mother – Lee Drinkard
- Siblings – Mancel Warrick Jr. (Younger Brother), Dee Dee Warwick (Younger Sister)
R&B, Pop, Gospel, Soul
- Scepter Records
- Warner Records Inc.
- Concord Records
- Arista Records
- Rhino Entertainment Company
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dionne has dated –
- Hal David
- Doc Powell
- Timothy Brown
- Gianni Russo
- Edgar Bronfman Jr.
- Philip Michael Thomas
- Howard Hewett
- Burt Bacharach
- Sacha Distel
- William Elliott (1966-1967; 1967-1975) – Dionne was married to William Elliott for the 1st time from 1966 to May 1967. They tied the knot again in August 1967 and welcomed sons David Elliott (b. January 18, 1969) and Damon Elliott (b. March 21, 1973). But, they filed for divorce in 1975.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black, White, possibly Latino)
She has African-American, Dutch, Native American, English, Irish, Scottish, and Brazilian (disputed) ancestry.
However, her hair has turned ‘Gray’ with her advancing age.
- High cheekbones
- Mezzo-soprano voice
Dionne Warwick Facts
- In 1999, she was ranked as the 42nd ‘Greatest Women of Rock N Roll’ by VH1.
- She officially changed her last name from Warrick to Warwick after the label of her song Don’t Make Me Over carried the misspelled name.
- Dionne is the maternal first cousin of Whitney Houston.
- As of 2020, 80 of her hit songs have entered the prestigious Billboard charts.
- The title of her hit single, Don’t Make Me Over (meaning Don’t try to cheat me) was spoken by Dionne during a heated argument with songwriters Burt Bacharach and Hal David.
- In December 2020, Dionne called out Chance the Rapper on Twitter and asked why has he put ‘the Rapper’ in his stage name if he obviously is a rapper. She also jokingly called herself ‘Dionne the Singer’ after that short conversation.
- In December 2020, Dionne also called out The Weeknd on Twitter to ask about the wrong spellings in his stage name. Dionne asked him, “Why? It’s not even spelled correctly?”
- She would like Teyana Taylor to play her in a potential biopic if ever made.
- In December 2020, Dionne’s niece Brittani (who has also worked as Dionne’s social and branding director) revealed that Dionne herself writes all of her tweets on Twitter. In case, she is not, ‘DW Team’ is written on her tweets.
- In June 2023, Dionne had to cancel a concert due to a medical condition. It was reported that she had issues with one of her legs.
Featured Image by Raph_PH / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0