|Teyana Taylor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¼ in|
|Date of Birth||December 10, 1990|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Teyana Taylor is an American singer, songwriter, actress, dancer, choreographer, director, and model who has released several albums, tracks, and mixtapes such as The Album, VII, K.T.S.E., From a Planet Called Harlem, Google Me, We Got Love (solo or featuring Lauryn Hill), Gonna Love Me (Solo only or Remix featuring Ghostface Killah, Method Man, and Raekwon), Morning (featuring Kehlani), and How You Want It? (featuring King Combs).
Teyana Me Shay Jacqueli Taylor
Harlem, New York City, United States
Singer, songwriter, dancer, rapper, actress, model, choreographer, director
- Siblings – She has 2 brothers and a sister on her father’s side and no sibling on her mother’s side.
Her mother has served as her manager.
She has also been signed with ICM Partners, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Hip-hop, R&B, pop
GOOD Music, The Island Def Jam Music Group, Def Jam Recordings, Interscope Records, Star Trak
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Teyana Taylor has dated –
- ASAP Rocky (2006-2007) – In the year 2006, she started going out with ASAP Rocky, the well-known rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, model, actor, and music video director. However, the duo separated the following year in March.
- Daniel Gibson (2008-2009) – From September 2008 to June 2009, Teyana was romantically linked to American professional basketball player, Daniel Gibson.
- Aubrey Graham (2009) – Teyana dated Canadian rapper Aubrey Graham for a month around May-June 2009.
- Soulja Boy (2009) – After separating from Aubrey Graham, she dated another rapper Soulja Boy until October 2009.
- Brandon Jennings (2010-2014) – She had a four-year relationship with the basketball player, Brandon Jennings. She started dating him in January 2010. The next year, in April 2011, they engaged. Finally, in January 2014, the couple separated.
- Colin Kaepernick (2013) – Taylor was RUMORed to be dating tall professional football quarterback, Colin Kaepernick in late 2013.
- Iman Shumpert (2014-Present) – In January 2014, she started dating another basketball player, Iman Shumpert. They engaged in November 2015 and eventually married on October 1, 2016. On December 16, 2015, she gave birth to the couple’s first child, daughter Iman Tayla Shumpert, Jr. Later, her second pregnancy was confirmed in her music video for her 2020 single Wake Up Love and she gave birth to the couple’s 2nd daughter, Rue Shumpert, on September 6, 2020. She gave birth to both of her daughters at home.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African-American and Afro-Trinidadian ancestry.
38-22-37 in or 96.5-56-94 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
Her shoe size is speculated to be 7 (US).
Best Known For
In August 2016, she was featured in Kanye West’s FADE music video where she was seen dancing in the gymnasium. This made her even more famous. Also, it won her the 2017 MTV Video Music Award for “Best Choreography”.
She released her first album, which was a compilation album Cruel Summer (with GOOD Music) on September 18, 2012, via GOOD Music, and Def Jam Records. It topped the charts of US R&B, reached #2 on US Billboard Hot 200 and UK charts.
She appeared in the 2010 musical drama film Stomp the Yard 2: Homecoming for her role as Rena.
First TV Show
In 2011, Taylor guest appeared on the comedy talk show The Mo’Nique Show as herself in an episode dated April 21, 2011.
She eats everything but also works out.
She dances a lot. Teyana says that she does leg lifts on the treadmill.
Teyana Taylor Favorite Things
- Song – Color Me Pink (By Teyana Taylor)
Source – Facebook
Teyana Taylor Facts
- Taylor has been influenced by singers like Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, and Lauryn Hill.
- Teyana was raised by a single, and wealthy mother.
- She started performing in front of the audience at age 9.
- She signed a deal with Adidas in 2013 to design and release 2 pairs of sneakers with them.
- She also holds a record of the fastest-selling sneakers in Adidas Originals history.
- She was cast as Zip in the 2015 drama film, Brotherly Love, starring Keke Palmer, Cory Hardrict, Quincy Brown, and Eric D. Hill Jr.
- Taylor is addicted to Jimmy Neutron cartoons and donuts.
- Teyana had hosted the 2020 Billboard’s Women in Music event which had happened virtually due to the pandemic.
- In December 2020, she announced on social media that she was feeling ‘underappreciated’ and was ‘being overlooked’. Because of this, some fans misunderstood that she was retiring from music.