|Lil’ Kim Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 11, 1975|
Lil’ Kim is an American rapper, actor, model, voice actor, writer, philanthropist, dancer, and reality television personality who has often been referred to as the “Queen of Rap”. She was discovered by fellow rapper The Notorious B.I.G. in 1994 and Lil’ Kim went on to release multiple albums and tracks such as Hard Core, The Notorious K.I.M., The Naked Truth, 9, La Bella Mafia, Not Tonight (ft. Da Brat, Left Eye, Missy “Misdeameanor” Elliott, and Angie Martinez), No Matter What They Say, Lady Marmalade (with Christina Aguilera, Mýa, and Pink), Lighters Up, In the Air Tonite (ft. Phil Collins), Download (ft. T-Pain and Charlie Wilson), Magic Stick (ft. 50 Cent), Nasty One, Found You (ft. City Girls and O.T. Genasis), Whoa, The Jump Off (ft. Mr. Cheeks), and Call Me (with Too Short). In addition to that, Lil’ Kim has also been cast in many films and shows like Juwanna Mann, She’s All That, Gang of Roses, Superhero Movie, Girls Cruise, Dancing with the Stars, and American Dreams.
Kimberly Denise Jones
Lil’ Kim, Queen Bee, Queen of Hip-Hop, Queen of Rap, and Rap Goddess
New York City, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Lil’ Kim went to the Queen of All Saints Elementary School in Brooklyn. She then got enrolled at the Sarah J. Hale Vocational High School. However, after studying for two and a half years, she dropped out.
Later, she got admission to the Brooklyn College Academy to complete her high school education.
Rapper, Songwriter, Philanthropist, Model, Actor, Voice Actor, Reality Television Personality
- Father – Linwood Jones (Former US Marine)
- Mother – Ruby Jones
- Siblings – Christopher Jones (Older Brother)
Lil’ Kim has been represented by Los Angeles-based Media Artists Group.
- Big Beat
- Atlantic Records
- International Rock Star
- E1 Music
- Queen Bee
Her net worth had been $500 Thousand according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
4 ft 11 in or 150 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Lil’ Kim has dated –
- Benzino – She was romantically involved with urban media proprietor, television personality, rapper, and record producer Benzino in the past.
- Christina Aguilera – It is RUMORed that Lil’ Kim once had an encounter with Christina Aguilera, a singer, songwriter, actor, and television personality.
- Kenyon Martin – She has also been involved with former professional basketball player Kenyon Martin.
- Shawn Powell – In her teens, Lil’ Kim was in a relationship with a man named Shawn Powell. They had first met at the Empire Roller Skating rink in Brooklyn and hit off immediately. However, a couple of months after the start of their courtship, Powell was handed a prison sentence in excess of 8 years. They often used to exchange letters and even got engaged during his time behind the bars. However, eventually, she decided that she wanted to focus on her rap career, which led to her calling off their engagement.
- Christopher Wallace (1993-1997) – Lil’ Kim first met iconic rapper Christopher Wallace (The Notorious B.I.G.) in 1993 during a rap battle in Brooklyn. When they had met, she was still with Powell and it was claimed that Biggie was also one of the reasons behind their breakup. In 1996, she even got pregnant with his child. In her 1999 interview, she revealed that she decided to undergo an abortion as she felt that there was no place for a child in the type of relationship she was with Biggie. They were still in a relationship by the time of his death in March 1997.
- Sean Combs (1997) – Lil’ Kim had an affair with rapper, songwriter, record executive, and entrepreneur Sean Combs in the year 1997.
- Lisa Natson – In her autobiography, Lisa Natson, the former Philadelphia-based DJ claimed that she had sexual encounters with Kim. She even went on to describe their bedroom adventure in quite a detail.
- Jay-Z (1998-2000) – Lil’ Kim started going out with rapper and music mogul, Jay-Z in 1998. They were an item for about two years before they decided to go separate ways in 2000.
- Ray-J (2001-2002) – The reports of Kim dating singer and songwriter Ray-J first surfaced in 2001 after they were spotted holding hands and even kissing in the public. However, their relationship was slightly on and off in nature.
- Damion ‘World’ Hardy (2003) – In 2003, Kim was in a relationship with Mafia don and drug smuggler Damion ‘World’ Hardy, who was the boss of the gang Cash Money Brothers. At the peak of his influence, he used to live in a lavish mansion in New Jersey with Kim and they were even reported to have engaged during the course of their courtship. However, their relationship wasn’t a happy one for her as she was physically assaulted on multiple occasions. She had to undergo multiple nose jobs after getting punched in the face. Also, she often had black eyes and once had to undergo an MRI to assess the damage caused by one vicious assault.
- Missy Elliott (2003) – Lil’ Kim was rumored to be going out with fellow rapper Missy Elliott in 2003. Apart from reports in a handful of American tabloids, this lesbian affair wasn’t that widely reported by the American media.
- Scott Storch (2004-2005) – Kim started going out with successful music producer Scott Storch in 2004. However, their relationship ended just after two months. In his later interview, he claimed that he wanted to marry her and she had harbored similar wishes.
- Jamie Foxx (2007-2008) – The iconic rapper was rumored to be going out with popular actor and singer, Jamie Foxx in 2007 and 2008. It was claimed that they had grown close while working on the single, Cover Girl.
- Tracy Morgan (2008) – Kim was reported to have hooked up with actor and comedian Tracy Morgan in 2008.
- Maino – Lil’ Kim was linked with American rapper Maino in 2012 when he claimed that she was his inspiration for penning down the “I Still Love You” track.
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. (2011-2012) – She allegedly had a short-term romance with boxing promoter and former boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. from May 2011 to January 2012.
- Papers (2012-2015, 2020-Present) – Lil’ Kim started going out with rapper Mr. Papers in the summer of 2012. In June 2014, she gave birth to their daughter, Royal Reign. They eventually decided to go separate ways by the end of 2015. Reportedly, they started going out again in 2020.
- Desiigner (2016) – After performing on-stage at BET Awards 2016, the rappers Desiigner and Lil’ Kim seemed to be an item. In the uploaded Instagram snap, the duo seemed very cozy as they cuddled.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African-American ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often gravitates towards various hues of blonde highlights.
- Curvaceous figure
- Mole mark above her upper lip
- Short height
She has done endorsement work for the following brands and products
- MAC cosmetics (Print Ad)
- Apple (TV commercial)
- Mac Cosmetics/Viv Glam (Magazine advert)
- Old Navy (TV commercial)
- MAC Viva Glam III lipstick (Print Ad)
- Graphic Hoods (TV commercial)
In 2010, she signed a lucrative endorsement deal with Three Olives Vodka and was made the face of the Purple Vodka. She has also had a promotional deal with Cîroc Vodka.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most successful female rappers, having sold over 15 million albums and over 30 million singles
- Having released multiple commercially successful albums such as The Notorious K.I.M. and La Bella Mafia. Both albums were certified as platinum.
- Her bold and eye-catching fashion sense, which has inspired several next-generation rappers
In November 1996, she released her debut studio album, Hard Core, which was a huge hit and was certified double Platinum by RIAA.
In January 1999, she made her theatrical film debut in the romantic comedy movie, She’s All That.
First TV Show
In 1997, Lil’ Kim made her first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, The Chris Rock Show. Her appearance in the show wasn’t credited.
Her first credited work came in the musical talk series, Soul Train in 1997.
During her stint on the popular dance reality show, Dancing with the Stars, she managed to lose about 20 pounds. She had started working out regularly and had even followed a disciplined diet plan to bring about weight loss. Plus, the dance practice sessions that amounted to more than 20 hours a week also helped. She has also added yoga to her workout routine.
Lil’ Kim Facts
- In 2004, she launched her designer watch collection under the label Royalty by Lil’ Kim. The watch was manufactured by iconic jeweler Jacob Arabo.
- She also released her first clothing line, Hollyhood in 2004. In September 2010, she launched her second clothing line under the label of 24/7 Goddess Collection.
- In 2005, she collaborated with the high-profile shoe boutique, Petit Peton to launch her exclusive range of female footwear.
- Marvel Comics and Atlantic Records collaborated in 2005 to release the limited edition comic book The Heist, in which Lil’ Kim was featured as a special character.
- She collaborated with her cousin Katrise Jones to open a beauty salon in Charlotte, North Carolina by the name Salon Se Swa.
- As part of her endorsement deal with Cîroc Vodka, she was declared the first lady of the brand. They also revealed her signature cocktail, Queen Bee.
- She is the second rapper in music history to have at least three studio albums (Hard Core, The Notorious K.I.M., and La Bella Mafia) certified as platinum.
- Lil’ Kim was cast in a comedy movie, Scary Movie. However, her scenes from the movie were removed from the final cut.
- After her single, Lady Marmalade made it to the top of the Billboard Hot 100 in 2001, she became the first solo female rapper to have achieved such distinction.
- She was placed in the #34 spot by VH1 in the list featuring 50 Greatest Hip Hop Artists.
- Syracuse University runs a dedicated course The Life and Times of Lil’ Kim, which gives a deep insight into her life.
- Lil’ Kim was offered the role of Evelyn in the comedy-drama movie, She Hate Me. However, she turned down the opportunity as she felt that the role was bad for her image.
- She is reported to own more than 800 wigs and the cost of each wig is estimated to be upwards of $2,000.
- Before she found fame as a music artist, she used to be employed at a Bloomingdale’s store in New York.
- In July 2010, she released her signature milkshake Queen Bee at the upscale “Millions of Milkshakes” in West Hollywood. The proceeds from the sale of her milkshakes were donated to Wyclef Jean’s Yéle Haiti foundation.
- She is a staunch supporter of LGBT rights and has been a regular attendant at the LGBT Pride March in New York City. She has also performed at the D.C. Black Pride and Atlanta Black Pride.
- In July 2006, she was found guilty of conspiracy and perjury for her involvement in the shooting incident that took place at New York radio station Hot 97 and involved two groups of three men.
- In July 1996, she was arrested for marijuana possession. The police issued an arrest warrant against her after she had failed to appear in court for proceedings related to her 1996 arrest in 1999.
Featured Image by Monique Tatum / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0