|Floyd Mayweather, Jr Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 24, 1977|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is an American professional boxing promoter and former professional boxer who competed between 1996 and 2015 and made a one-fight comeback in 2017. Often referred to as the best defensive boxer in history, he was named “Fighter of the Decade” for the 2010s by the Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA). He has a record of 26 consecutive wins in world title fights. Also, he topped the Forbes and Sports Illustrated lists of the 50 highest-paid athletes of 2012 and 2013.
Floyd Joy Sinclair
Pretty Boy, Money, Money Mayweather, TBE (The Best Ever)
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Southern Highlands Golf Club, Las Vegas Township, Enterprise, Nevada, United States
Floyd Mayweather Jr. attended Ottawa Hills High School in Michigan. However, he dropped out of school early.
Former Professional Boxer, Professional Boxing Promoter
- Father – Floyd Mayweather, Sr. (Former Welterweight Contender, Boxing Trainer)
- Mother – Deborah Sinclair
- Siblings – Fannie Orr (Sister), Justin Jones (Brother), Deltricia Tawanna Howard (Sister)
- Others – Theartha Mayweather (Paternal Grandfather), Bernice Ambrose (Paternal Grandmother), Jeff Mayweather (Uncle) (Former Professional Boxer), Roger Mayweather (Uncle) (Boxing Trainer, Professional Boxer)
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. can be contacted and approached at Mayweather Boxing Club, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Floyd Mayweather Jr. has been romantically linked with –
- Aileen Gisselle – He went out with glamor model Aileen Gisselle in the past.
- Abigail Clarke – He was once romantically involved with British reality TV contestant Abigail Clarke.
- Yaya – He has also been involved with Instagram star Yaya.
- Erica Dixon – The reality TV star and model had a brief relationship with Mayweather Jr. in the past.
- Josie Harris (1993-2007) – Josie Harris was in a relationship with the boxer for a long duration in the past. However, the relationship ended on a bitter note when the boxer had to serve in jail for domestic violence against her. Josie Harris has also sued him for defamation in 2015. The couple has three children – Koraun Mayweather (son), Jirah Mayweather (daughter), and Zion Shamaree Mayweather (son).
- Melissa Brim (1998-2000) – The American personality, Melissa Brim started dating the boxer in July 1998. They have a child named Iyanna (daughter) who was born on May 20, 2000. The couple separated in August 2000.
- Shantel Jackson (2006-2014) – The model and actress, Shantel Jackson commenced dating Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2006. The couple got engaged in September 2010. However, they have separated in 2014.
- Rozonda ‘Chilli’ Thomas (2008) – The singer, dancer, and actress, Rozonda started dating Floyd Mayweather Jr. in February 2008 but separated soon in the same year in May.
- Keyshia Cole (2008) – The singer, songwriter, record producer, businesswoman, and television personality Keyshia Cole met the boxer at his birthday party in February 2008. They started dating soon but got separated by September, the same year.
- Jessica Burciaga (2011) – The Adult magazine model is rumored to have an encounter with the boxer in 2011.
- Lil’ Kim (2011-2012) – In May 2011, he started dating Lil’ Kim, a rapper, songwriter, actress, model, and reality television personality. The duo went out for a while before parting ways in January 2012.
- Lindsay Lohan (2013) – It was RUMORed that he had an encounter with actress, singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, and television personality Lindsay Lohan in 2013.
- Princess Love (2013-2014) – The former stripper and television personality had commenced dating the boxer in 2013. They separated in 2014.
- Lauren Wood (2014) – Social media personality and Instagram star Lauren Wood hooked up with Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2014.
- Ayisha Diaz (2014) – In July 2014, he had an encounter with Dominican glamor model Ayisha Diaz.
- Doralie Medina (2014-2015) – The model started seeing the boxer on April 30, 2014, after they met through a mutual friend. The couple broke up in 2015.
- Brit Raemarni (2016-Present) – In February 2016, Floyd had hooked up with British shop worker and aspiring singer, Brit Raemarni (aka Raemarni Ball aka Rmarni). They had met when Floyd was on his UK tour. He also took her on a holiday in March. They were even seen in a nightclub and later at the LA Clippers and Golden State Warriors NBA match. They had split after dating for some time. The couple rekindled their romantic relationship later.
- Nikki Mudarris (2017) – Reality TV personality Nikki Mudarris and Mayweather hooked up in September 2017.
- Abbie Holborn (2017) – Floyd was linked with reality TV star Abbie Holborn in 2017 after she was seen partying with him and his crew at the Livello Nightclub in Newcastle.
Race / Ethnicity
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is of African-American descent.
- Referring to himself in the third person
- Undefeated match record
- Criminal controversies
Floyd Mayweather Jr. appeared for the TV commercial for AT&T in 2009.
He has also endorsed many brands like Nike, etc.
Though, he also signed a deal with Reebok in 2009 but had to cancel it because he purchased Nike shoes and posted those pics on social media.
Best Known For
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. is best known for being the WBC, WBA, and Ring welterweight champion.
- He is also known for being the WBC Super, WBA, and Ring junior middleweight champion.
- The Boxer has been known to his fans through Sports news and boxing websites for being rated as the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world.
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. won the National Golden Gloves in 1993 as an amateur with a record of 84-6.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. utilizes the orthodox defensive stance to tackle his opponents. His techniques include –
- Shoulder Roll
- Right hand held slightly higher than normal
- Lead shoulder raised high on cheeks covering the chin
- Lead shoulder utilized to block punches
- The right hand used to block punches such as left hooks
- Left hand positioned around the midsection
- Twisting body to deflect punches from the opponent.
First TV Show
As an actor, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has appeared in Arli$$ (TV Series) in 1997.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. is the boxer who has an undefeated fight record in the world. Behind such a success, there are a few who undertake to train the man. The boxer had been trained since his childhood by his father, Floyd Mayweather, Sr. and his uncle Roger Mayweather, both being professional boxers of their time. Mayweather Jr. had himself reported that he didn’t have much memory with his father other than training.
With such a start, it was sure that Mayweather Jr. was into future boxing. He learned his signature boxing style from his father and uncle. Additionally, Nate Jones (former Olympic and professional boxer), and Cornelius Boza Edwards (Former WBC Super featherweight champion) are his assistant trainers.
The boxer is known to hit the gym every day and indulging in shadow-boxing for about 40-minutes. His routine includes practicing footwork, practicing punching, movement, stance, speed, and technique. The 40-round workout alters between punching hand-pads, body-pads, and heavy bags. Towards the end, he indulges with the speed bag, jump rope, and weighted jump rope. The boxer does 200 sit-ups and 50 pushups before finishing the routine.
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Favorite Things
- Interest – Music and dance
- Movies – Monster Flicks, Epic movie that stars Brad Pitt
- Sports – All sports especially table tennis, basketball
- Music / Singers – 50 Cent, G-Unit, Earl Hayes, Derek Bomb, Jay-Z, Cassidy
- Ice-Cream Flavor – Praline and Creams
- Chore – Brushing
- Seasoning – Barbeque sauce
- Boxers – Kostya Tszyu, Marquez brothers, Pacquiao, Winky Wright, Bernard Hopkins, Mo Harris, Pernell Whitaker, Him, and Aaron Pryor and Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Roger Mayweather
- Athletes – Michael Vick, Terrell Owens (Basketball players), Venus Williams, Serena Williams (Tennis Players)
Source – Sportskeeda.com, BoxingInsider.com
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Facts
- He has won eleven world titles and the lineal championship in five different weight classes – Junior Light, Light, Light Welter, Welter, and Light Middleweight.
- The Ring magazine pronounced Mayweather as a two-time Fighter of the Year when he won the awards in 1998 and 2007.
- The boxer has been honored with the Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA) Fighter of the Year award in 2007 and 2013. He has also been awarded the Best Fighter ESPY Award for 6 times in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- Spike TV has honored Mayweather with The Best Ever award in 2015.
- In 2014, Forbes listed Mayweather as the highest-paid athlete in the world. He has previously been featured by Forbes and Sports Illustrated in the list of 50 highest-paid athletes in 2012 and 2013.
- He has won the National Golden Gloves championship in 1993, 1994, and 1996 at 106 lb, 114 lb, and 125 lb respectively.
- After a controversial decision, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. was awarded the bronze medal at the Atlanta 1996 Olympics in the featherweight (57 kg) category.
- Mayweather, Jr. is famous for his battery against women. On June 1, 2012, the boxer had reported to the Clark County Detention Center in Las Vegas for an 87-day term in jail for domestic abuse against his girlfriend and mother of his child, Josie Harris.
- Apart from boxing, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has also shown interest in music and dance. He has appeared on the fifth season of Dancing with the Stars with Ukrainian-American professional ballroom dancer Karina Smirnoff.
- Floyd Mayweather, Jr. was stripped of his WBO Welterweight Championship title at 147 lbs on July 6, 2015, for not complying with the regulations of the organization.
- He has served as the executive producer of 30 Days in May, a TV documentary movie, released in 2013.
- In 2018, Floyd was ranked #1 in the Forbes Celebrity 100 list and the Highest-Paid Athletes list.
- In February 2021, he was set to fight YouTuber turned boxer, Logan Paul. However, in January 2021, the date was postponed to a future date. In April 2021, the new date was revealed as of June 6, 2021, and the match venue was Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium.
- In May 2021, Floyd Mayweather claimed his net worth to be over $1.2 billion.
- In August 2017, he had a fight with mixed martial artist Conor Mcgregor where he was guaranteed to earn $100 million but actually ended up winning over $300 million from that fight. Conor had earned around $100 million. Floyd was the fight winner.
- Mayweather resides in a huge custom-built 22,000-square-foot (2,000 m2) mansion in Las Vegas, Nevada which has 5 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms.
- He is the owner of a boxing gym called Mayweather Boxing Club in Chinatown Plaza, Las Vegas.
- In March 2008, he fought the famous wrestler Big Show during WrestleMania XXIV in Orlando, Florida. He had recorded a rap song ‘Yep’, especially for his entrance.