|Rozonda Thomas Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 27, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rozonda Thomas is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, actress, TV personality, and model who rose to fame in the 1990s as a member of the all-girl music group TLC, which went on to become one of the best-selling female bands of the late 20th century. With the group, she had launched the albums Ooooooohhh… On the TLC Tip (1992), CrazyS*xyCool (1994), FanMail (1999), 3D (2002), and TLC (2017).
Rozonda Ocielian Thomas
Columbus, Muscogee County, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Rozonda had graduated, in 1989, from the Benjamin Elijah Mays High School in Atlanta, Georgia.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Actress, TV Personality, Model
- Father – Abdul Ali
- Mother – Ava Thomas
- Siblings – Marni Ali Williams (Sister)
- Others – Arfien Joseph Ali (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret Augusta Lane (Paternal Grandmother), Claude Austin (Ex-Brother-in-Law)
R&B, Pop, Soul, Hip Hop, Hip Hop Soul, New Jack Swing, Funk, Pop Rap, Dance music
- LaFace Records
- Arista Records, Inc.
- Epic Records
- 852 Musiq
- RED Music
- Cookin’ Vinyl
- Liberation Music
- Warner Music Group (WMG)
- Mass Appeal Entertainment
- Koch Records
5 ft or 152.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rozonda has dated –
- Dallas Austin (1990-1999) – Rozonda began dating American musician, songwriter, record producer, and film producer Dallas Austin in July 1990. She got pregnant a few months later when she was only 20 years old. Due to her age and career aspirations, she had decided to abort the pregnancy, a decision that she later revealed that she had regretted immensely ever since. They eventually had a son together named Tron Austin (b. June 2, 1997). The couple parted ways in August 1999.
- L. A. Reid (1994) – Rumor
- Usher (2001-2003) – She started dating singer Usher in 2001 after working in the music videos for his songs titled U Remind Me and U Got It Bad. They broke up in December 2003 after Rozonda claimed that he had cheated on her.
- Hill Harper (2006)
- T. J. Holmes (2006-2007)
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. (2008)
- Larry Johnson (2008-2009)
- Tyrese Gibson (2012-2013)
- Wayne Brady (2013-2014) – Rumor
- Brad James (2015-2016)
- Nick Cannon (2016)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Asian)
She is of African and Bengali (Indian) descent on her father’s side and African-American descent on her mother’s side. She also has 1/16th African-Antiguan and possibly Native American ancestry.
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, frizzy hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
- Plump lips
Christianity (Seventh-Day Adventist)
Rozonda Thomas Facts
- Rozonda’s father had abandoned the family when she was a toddler and she was then raised by her single mother. She reunited with her estranged father in 1996, when she was 25 years old.
- In 1991, when she had joined the all-girl group TLC, she was being chosen to replace one of the band’s founding members Crystal Jones. Since the group’s name was made by taking the first letter from the founding member’s first names, Rozonda was given the nickname Chilli so that the group could retain the name TLC.
- In 2019, when the band was on a reunion tour, she had abruptly lost her voice and was instructed by doctors not to sing for a while. Consequently, some of their tour dates had to be rescheduled.
- In 2013, she had appeared n*ked for an anti-circus campaign by PETA.
Featured Image by Rozonda Thomas / Instagram