|Usher Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1978|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Usher is a critically-acclaimed American singer, songwriter, actor, businessman, and dancer who has won numerous awards and accolades including 8 Grammy Awards, 34 ASCAP Awards, 9 Soul Train Music Awards, and 8 American Music Awards. One of the best-selling music artists of all time, Usher became the fifth-most awarded artist at the Billboard Music Awards with 18 awards. His discography includes albums such as Here I Stand, Raymond v. Raymond, Confessions, My Way, Usher, Looking 4 Myself, Hard II Love, Confessions 2, and 8701. Moreover, Billboard placed him at number #6 on their list of “Top 50 R&B/Hip-Hop Artists of the Past 25 Years” in 2010 and Usher has also been inducted into the Georgia Music Hall of Fame, the Black Music and Entertainment Walk of Fame, and the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Usher Raymond IV
Big Ush, Big Tyme, Mr. Entertainment, King of R&B
Dallas, Texas, United States
He graduated from North Springs High School in Atlanta.
Singer, songwriter, dancer, actor
- Father – Usher Raymond III (Died – January 21, 2008)
- Mother – Jonetta Patton (née O’Neal)
- Siblings – James Lackey (Younger Half-Brother) (born – 1984)
- Others – Usher Raymond, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Evangelist Ernestine Berry (Paternal Grandmother), John Henry O’Neal (Maternal Grandfather), Christine Gwyn (Maternal Grandmother)
His career has been managed by Grace Miguel, with whom he is currently in a relationship.
Usher has been signed to these agencies –
- J Pat Management, Music Artists Management Company, Doraville, Georgia, United States
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
R&B, pop, hip hop, dance, soul
Arista, LaFace, Jive, RCA
In 2020, his net worth was $180 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Usher has dated –
- Stefanie Thomas
- Ayesha Butler – He once hooked up with Brazilian songwriter Ayesha Butler.
- Jennifer Freeman – He was romantically involved with actor Jennifer Freeman in the past.
- Karon Vereen (1993)
- Monica (1995)
- Brandy (1998-1999) – From 1998 to 1999, the two singers dated each other.
- Karrine Steffans (1999) – In August 1999, he had a fling with author Karrine Steffans, known for the Vixen series of books.
- Rozonda ‘Chilli’ Thomas (2001-2003) – For three years (from 2001 to December 2003), singer Rozonda and Usher dated each other. He is eight years her junior.
- Melinda Santiago (2002) – In 2002, Puerto Rican singer Melinda and Usher dated each other. It was RUMORed that Melinda and Tyrese Gibson’s relationship ended after he found Usher’s tattoo on Melinda’s hip.
- Mimi Faust (2003) – She had an encounter with reality television personality Mimi Faust in June 2003.
- Naomi Campbell (2004) – British model, Naomi Campbell and Usher dated each other from September to December 2004. Usher said that he was bored with her, so they separated.
- Joy Bryant (2005) – American model, Joy Bryant appeared in Usher’s music video “Caught Up” and hence they had a fling in 2005.
- Eishia Brightwell (2005) – For the full year of 2005, model Eishia and Usher were seen together publicly at various events such as Grammys, Oscars, NAACP awards, and others.
- Tameka Foster (2005-2009) – American hairstylist and wardrobe stylist Tameka Foster commenced dating Usher in January 2005. She was already his personal stylist for five years. The duo engaged in March 2007. Their marriage occurred on August 3, 2007. The couple has two children, both sons – Usher “Cinco” Raymond V (born – November 2007), and Naviyd Ely Raymond (born – December 2008). They divorced in November 2009.
- Keyshia Cole (2005) – In August 2005, he had an affair with singer, songwriter, actor, and television producer Keyshia Cole.
- Pamela Anderson (2006) – For a couple of months in 2006, former playmate and Canadian actor, Pamela Anderson and Usher were RUMORed to be dating each other.
- Grace Miguel (2009-2018) – American personality, Grace Miguel and Usher were first romantically linked to each other in June 2009. They were photographed several times when Usher was still married to Tameka Foster. The relationship became more strong when the couple got engaged in January 2015. They split in March 2018.
- Jade Ewen (2009) – In 2009, Usher had a fling with British singer, songwriter, and actor Jade Ewen.
- Jessica White (2013) – He had a short-termed romance with fashion model, actor, and television personality Jessica White from October 2013 to November 2013.
- Jenn Goicoechea (2019-Present) – He reportedly started dating music executive Jenn Goicoechea in October 2019. In September 2020, it was revealed that the couple was expecting their first child together. They welcomed a daughter named Sovereign Bo on September 24, 2020. In May 2021, the couple confirmed during an appearance at the 2021 iHeartRadio Music Awards that they were expecting their 2nd child together. On September 29, 2021, they welcomed a baby boy named Sire Castello Raymond. Sire was born at 6:42 pm and weighed 7 lbs 13 oz at the time of his birth.
Race / Ethnicity
Usher is of African-American descent.
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 13.
He has appeared in many TV commercials including the following –
- Coca-Cola (1995)
- Tommy Hilfiger jeans (1998)
- Twix candy (2002)
- Macy’s (2007)
- Dance Central 3 (2012)
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA (2013)
- Samsung (2013)
There are numerous print ads in which he has appeared, including the following –
- Usher men’s / women’s perfume (2008)
- Belvedere Vodka (2011)
Usher was raised as a Christian, but he is speculated to be connected to Kabbalah Judaism and/or Scientology.
Best Known For
His music skills and albums such as Confessions (2004).
Usher released his debut album titled Usher on August 30, 1994, in the U.S. via LaFace Records. It charted at #167 in the country’s Billboard 200 chart. A total of 269,000 copies of the album were sold. The album is more than an hour-long, consisting of 14 singles.
He appeared in the 1998 science fiction horror film The Faculty for his role as Gabe Santora. The film was a success and earned US$40,283,321 with a budget of US$15,000,000.
First TV Show
In 1997, Usher played the role of Jeremy Davis in the American sitcom Moesha. He appeared in a total of 4 episodes from 1997 to 1999.
Usher has a buffed body, which does not come so easy. He has been doing a number of exercises lately. Usher goes through this ab circuit at least three times a week.
The circuit is like –
- Incline Resistance Ball Plank
- Prone Knee Tuck
- T-Push-up Hold
- Upside Down Banana Crunch
- Egg Roll Crunch
He aims at completing this circuit five times in an hour.
He does boxing, weight training, and myriad other exercises. He is the type of person who can put the pain sideways (which arises due to tough workouts) and can work out in the gym. But, the rest is also important for muscles to recover.
Usher Favorite Things
- Flowers – Orchids
- Candy – M&Ms
Source – WetPaint.com
- Usher’s father left the family when he was just a year old. So, he was raised by his mother and stepfather.
- His father had died of a heart attack on January 21, 2008.
- Usher is the godson of actor Ben Vereen.
- Usher is the co-owner of NBA team Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Believe it or not, but he has a road named after him. It is “Usher Raymond Parkway”.
- His album My Way (1997) was a tribute to the famous singer Frank “Mickey Blue Eyes” Sinatra.
- He started his music career at the age of 9.
- Usher was present at the White House when June 19 was declared a national federal holiday in June 2021.
- In May 2023, Usher and Chris Brown reportedly got into a physical altercation at Chris’ birthday party in Las Vegas.