Usher Raymond IV
Big Ush, Big Tyme, Mr. Entertainment
Dallas, Texas, U.S.
He graduated from North Springs High School in Atlanta.
Singer, songwriter, dancer, actor
- Father – Usher Raymond III (Died – January 21, 2008)
- Mother – Jonetta Patton (née O’Neal)
- Siblings – James Lackey (Younger Half-Brother) (born – 1984)
His career is managed by Grace Miguel, with whom he is currently in a relationship.
Usher is signed to these agencies –
- J Pat Management (Music Artists Management Company)
- Paradigm Talent Agency (Talent and Literary Agency)
R&B, pop, hip hop, dance, soul
Arista, LaFace, Jive, RCA
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Usher dated –
- Brandy (1998-1999) – From 1998 to 1999, the two singers dated each other.
- Rozonda ‘Chilli’ Thomas (2001-2003) – For three years (from 2001 to December 2003), singer Rozonda and Usher dated each other. He is eight years her junior.
- Melinda Santiago (2002) – In 2002, Puerto Rican singer, Melinda and Usher dated each other. It was RUMORed that Melinda and Tyrese Gibson’s relationship ended after he found Usher’s tattoo on Melinda’s hip.
- Naomi Campbell (2004) – British model, Naomi Campbell and Usher dated each other from September to December 2004. Usher said that he was bored with her, so they separated.
- Joy Bryant (2005) – American model, Joy Bryant appeared in Usher’s music video “Caught Up” and hence they had a fling in 2005.
- Eishia Brightwell (2005) – For the full year of 2005, model Eishia and Usher were seen together publicly at various events such as Grammys, Oscars, NAACP awards and others.
- Tameka Foster (2005-2009) – American hair-stylist and wardrobe stylist, Tameka Foster commenced dating Usher in January 2005. She was already his personal stylist for five years. The duo engaged in March 2007. Their marriage occurred on August 3, 2007. The couple has two children, both sons – Usher “Cinco” Raymond V (born – November 2007), and Naviyd Ely Raymond (born – December 2008). They divorced in November 2009.
- Pamela Anderson (2006) – For a couple of months in 2006, former playmate and Canadian actress, Pamela Anderson and Usher were RUMORed to be dating each other.
- Grace Miguel (2009-2018) – American personality, Grace Miguel and Usher were first romantically linked to each other in June 2009. They were photographed several times when Usher was still married to Tameka Foster. The relationship became more strong when the couple got engaged in January 2015. They split in March 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 13.
He has appeared in many TV commercials including the following –
- Coca-Cola (1995)
- Tommy Hilfiger jeans (1998)
- Twix candy (2002)
- Macy’s (2007)
- Dance Central 3 (2012)
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA (2013)
- Samsung (2013)
There are numerous print ads in which he has appeared, including the following –
- Usher men’s / women’s perfume (2008)
- Belvedere Vodka (2011)
Usher was raised as a Christian, but he is speculated to be connected to Kabbalah Judaism and / or Scientology.
Best Known For
His music skills and albums such as Confessions (2004).
Usher released his debut album titled Usher on August 30, 1994 in U.S. via LaFace Records. It charted at #167 in the country’s Billboard 200 chart. A total of 269,000 copies of the album were sold. The album is more than an hour long, consisting of 14 singles.
He appeared in 1998 science fiction horror film The Faculty for his role as Gabe Santora. The film was a success and earned US$40,283,321 with a budget of US$15,000,000.
First TV Show
In 1997, Usher played the role as Jeremy Davis in the American sitcom Moesha. He appeared in a total of 4 episodes from 1997 to 1999.
Usher has a buffed body, which does not comes so easy. He has been doing number of exercises lately. Usher goes through this ab circuit at least three times in a week.
The circuit is like –
- Incline Resistance Ball Plank
- Prone Knee Tuck
- T-Push-up Hold
- Upside Down Banana Crunch
- Egg Roll Crunch
He aims at completing this circuit five times in an hour.
He does boxing, weight training and myriad other exercises. He is a type of person who can put the pain sideways (which arises due to tough workouts) and can workout in the gym. But, the rest is also important for muscles to recover.
Usher Favorite Things
- Flowers – Orchids
- Candy – M&Ms
Source – WetPaint.com
- Usher’s father left the family when he was just a year old. So, he was raised by his mother and stepfather.
- His father died of heart attack on January 21, 2008.
- Usher is the godson of actor Ben Vereen.
- Usher is the co-owner of NBA team Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Believe it or not, but he has a road named after him. It is “Usher Raymond Parkway”.
- His album My Way (1997) was a tribute to the famous singer Frank “Mickey Blue Eyes” Sinatra.
- He started his music career at the age of 9.