|Monica Denise Arnold Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 24, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Monica Denise Arnold is an American singer, songwriter, actress, and producer who rose to fame as she released her debut album Miss Thang in 1995. Credited as one of the most successful urban R&B female vocalists to begin a career in the mid to late 1990s, she has released many other albums including The Boy Is Mine, The Makings of Me, After the Storm, Still Standing, Code Red, All Eyez on Me, and New Life.
Monica Denise Arnold
Mo, Princess of R&B, Miss Thang
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Monica studied at North Clayton High School with rapper 2 Chainz.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Producer
- Father – M.C. “Billy” Arnold Jr. (Mechanic for an Atlanta freight company)
- Mother – Marilyn Best (A Delta Air Lines customer service representative and former church singer)
- Sibling – Montez (Younger Brother)
- Others – M. C. Arnold (Paternal Grandfather), Maude R. Thomas (Paternal Grandmother), Jermond Grant (Paternal Half-Brother), Reverend Edward Best (Stepfather) (Methodist Minister), Polow da Don (Cousin) (Record Producer, Songwriter, Rapper), Ludacris (Relative through her mother’s second marriage to Reverend Edward Best) (Rapper, Actor, Songwriter, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist, Record Executive)
Monica has been signed with MonDeenise Productions, Production Company, College Park, Georgia, United States.
R&B, Soul, Hip Hop Soul
MonDeenise Music, RCA, J, Arista, Rowdy
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Monica Denise Arnold has dated –
- Usher (1995)
- Layzie Bone (1995-1997)
- C-Murder – Rapper and songwriter C-Murder previously dated Monica until he was incarcerated for murder in 2003.
- Jarvis Weems (1998-2000) – In 1998, she began dating Jarvis Weems but it started affecting her career soon enough due to having problems in the relationship. They were together in July 2000 at the gravesite of Weems’s brother who had died in an automobile accident at age 25 in 1998. Then, without warning, Jarvis put a gun to his head and committed suicide.
- Rodney ‘Rocko’ Hill Jr. (2000-2010) – She then met rapper Rodney ‘Rocko’ Hill Jr., a former SWA officer and real estate manager, in 2000. The duo met shortly after Weems’s suicide, a time which she described as her “weakest”. Eventually, they began dating in the fall of 2000 and their first son, Rodney, was born on May 21, 2005. The couple got engaged on Christmas Eve 2007, shortly before the birth of their 2nd son, Romelo Montez Hill, on January 8, 2008. He was named after Monica’s younger brother. Monica and Rodney ‘Rocko’ Hill Jr. separated in 2010.
- Young Buck (2004)
- Shannon Brown (2010-2019) – She met NBA player Shannon Brown in June 2010 as she was looking for someone to play the love interest in her video for the song Love All Over Me. Soon after, he proposed to her with a rose-cut diamond ring and on November 22, 2010, the couple married in a secret ceremony at their Los Angeles home. Their marriage became publicly known only after January 21, 2011, when Brown told the Hip-Hop Non-Stop TV-Show. In July 2011, a 2nd wedding ceremony was held for family and friends to attend. Their first child together, a daughter named Laiyah Shannon, was born on September 3, 2013. Monica filed for divorce from Brown in March 2019 and it was finalized in October 2019.
- Trouble (2019)
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black, White, and Asian)
Monica has African-American, Indian, and Irish roots on her father’s side and is of African-American descent on her mother’s side.
She has done endorsement work for brands like Olay and Frito-Lay.
Monica Denise Arnold Facts
- She was 2 years old when she started performing regularly at the Jones Hill Chapel United Methodist Church in her mother’s hometown Newnan, Georgia.
- At the age of 10, she became the youngest member of “Charles Thompson and the Majestics”, a traveling 12-person gospel choir.
- Monica has credited Whitney Houston as her biggest inspiration and influence. She has also been influenced by artists like Mary J. Blige, Betty Wright, Gladys Knight, and Anita Baker.
- She was ranked at number #24 on Billboard‘s list of the “Top 50 R&B and Hip Hop Artists of the past 25 years” in 2010.
Featured Image by WBLS / YouTube / CC BY 3.0