|Mystikal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 1970|
Mystikal is an American rapper and actor whose discography consists of multiple albums and tracks like Mystikal, Mind of Mystikal, Unpredictable, Ghetto Fabulous, Let’s Get Ready, Tarantula, Ain’t No Limit (ft. Silkk the Shocker), Bouncin’ Back (Bumpin’ Me Against the Wall), Y’all Ain’t Ready Yet, Tarantula (ft. Butch Cassidy), Neck uv da Woods (ft. OutKast), Original (ft. Birdman and Lil Wayne), Oochie Pop, and Papercuts (ft. Lil Wayne and Fiend). He has also been cast in shows and movies like Mississippi Turntup, My Side Piece, Blues for Life, We Are the Beginning, 13 Dead Men, Mac & Devin Go to High School, Makin’ Baby, and I Got the Hook Up. In 2004, Mystikal was sentenced to 6 years in prison for sexually assaulting his hairstylist.
Michael Lawrence Tyler
Mystikal, Goldie Lookin’ Chain
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Mystikal went to Cohen High School.
After graduating from high school, he attended psychology and business classes in the army.
- Father – He had a small store.
- Siblings – Michelle Tyler (Sister) (Murdered in September 1994)
Mystikal has been represented by Rob Shaw, Shaw Management LLC.
Bigg Truck Music, Big Boy Records, No Limit, Jive, Cash Money, Universal Republic Records, Sony
His net worth had been $2 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
88 kg or 194 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mystikal has dated –
- Monica – In the past, Mystikal was romantically involved with Monica, a singer, rapper, and actor.
- Karrine Steffans – Mystikal had a fling with author Karrine Steffans, who went on to reveal intimate details of their affair in her autobiography The Vixen Diaries.
- Nivea (2000-2001) – He allegedly went out with singer, songwriter, and actor Nivea between July 2000 and May 2001.
Note – He has a son named Million and a daughter named My’chelle.
Race / Ethnicity
- His trademark bandanna and cap
- Diamond ear studs
Best Known For
- The commercial success of his studio album, Let’s Get Ready
- The immense critical acclaim received by his 2001 release, Tarantula
Mystikal debuted with Mind of Mystikal in October 1995. It was certified as Gold by American Recording Industry.
In 1998, Mystikal made his film debut with the comedy film, I Got the Hook Up in the role of T-Lay Boy #3.
First TV Show
In 1995, Mystikal was first seen in the musical talk show Soul Train as himself.
- After graduating from high school, he got enlisted in the US armed forces and served as a combat engineer during the Gulf War.
- On his 24th birthday, Mystikal found his sister Michelle dead in her bedroom, after being stabbed and strangled. Her boyfriend at the time, Damion Neville, was later arrested and charged with murder. However, he was acquitted due to a lack of evidence.
- On December 18, 2001, he released his 5th studio album titled Tarantula through Jive Records and it peaked at number #4 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #25 on the US Billboard 200 chart. Also, the album was certified ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) as well as received two nominations at the 45th Annual Grammy Awards for “Best Rap Album” and “Best Male Rap Solo Performance” for Bouncin’ Back (Bumpin’ Me Against the Wall).
- In June 2003, he was arrested by the authorities on charges of extortion and sexual battery.
- In January 2004, the authorities sentenced Mystikal to 6 years prison stint after he pleaded guilty to the charge of forcing a hairstylist to perform oral sex art. He had initially claimed it was a consensual act.
- While he was serving his previous prison sentence, he was charged on two accounts for having failed to pay his taxes in 1998 and 1999.
- In January 2006, he was found guilty by the federal court of tax misdemeanors and was handed one year sentence, which he was allowed to serve simultaneously with his previous prison sentence.
- In February 2012, he was arrested by the authorities after he was embroiled in a dispute with his female partner. He was charged with domestic abuse battery.
- In August 2017, a warrant was issued for his arrest and he later turned himself in to the Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Department. Mystikal was charged with rape. In December 2020, it was revealed that the rape charges against him had been dismissed due to lack of evidence.
- In March 2002, the inventor of Cajun in Your Pocket filed a lawsuit against Mystikal for using the copyrighted phrase in his 2000 hit Shake Ya Ass.
- In July 2022, Mystikal was arrested in Ascension Parish, Louisiana, and was later charged with five charges – simple criminal damage to property; false imprisonment; first-degree rape; domestic abuse, battery, and strangulation; and simple robbery.
- He went to the high school with actor Tyler Perry.
Featured Image via Daniel Benavides / Flickr / CC BY 2.0