|Silkk the Shocker Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 18, 1976|
Silkk the Shocker is an American rapper, actor, and songwriter. His discography consists of albums, tracks, and mixtapes such as The Shocker, Charge It 2 da Game, Based on a True Story, It Will All Make Sense Later, Made Man, All I Do Is Win Vol. 1, Just Be Straight with Me (ft. Master P and Destiny’s Child), The Shocker (ft. Master P), It Ain’t My Fault (ft. Mystikal), Somebody Like Me (ft. Mýa), Give Me The World, Express Yourself (ft. O’Dell), Ghetto Rain (ft. Master P and O’Dell), He Did That (ft. Mac and Master P), That’s Cool (ft. Trina), Pop Lockin’ (ft. Snoop Dogg and Goldie Loc), We Like Them Girls (ft. Master P and Petey Pablo), We Soldiers, Money Ain’t the Problem (ft. Prince Sole), Holla At Yo Boy, Don’t Give Up, We Ain’t Even Trippin, Business (ft. BlaqNmilD), and My World, My Way. In addition to that, Silkk the Shocker has also branched out as an actor and has been cast in a variety of movies like I’m Bout It, I Got the Hook Up, MP da Last Don, Undisputed, Hot Boyz, Corrupt, No Tomorrow, Honey, Still ‘Bout It, White Chicks, Little Girl Blue: What’s Become of You?, God’s Gift, Reservation, Incredible, I Got the Hook Up 2, and More Money, More Family.
Vyshonn King Miller
Silkk, Silkk the Shocker
Calliope Projects, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Silkk was enrolled at the De Anza High School in Richmond in 1994.
Rapper, Songwriter, Actor
- Siblings – Master P (Older Brother) (Businessman, investor, rapper, songwriter, actor, author, and philanthropist), Kevin Miller (Brother), Germaine Miller (Sister), C-Murder (Older Brother) (Rapper and songwriter)
- Others – Cymphonique Miller (Niece) (Singer and actor), Romeo Miller (Nephew) (Actor and rapper), Mo B. Dick (Cousin) (Rapper, singer and music producer), Valentino Miller (Nephew), Hercy Miller (Nephew), Mercy Miller (Nephew), Lil’ D (Nephew), C-Los (Nephew), Young Trump (Nephew), Veno Miller (Nephew) (Actor), Intylyana Miller (Niece), Tytyana Miller (Niece), Itali Miller (Niece)
Silkk the Shocker was represented by the No Limit record label.
Hip hop, Southern hip hop, Gangsta rap
No Limit Forever Records, Shocker World, XLP Distribution, No Limit Records, Priority Records, EMI Music, E1 Music, Guttar Music, Globy House
His net worth had been $5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
96 kg or 212 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Silkk the Shocked has dated –
- Mýa Marie Harrison (1996-2000) – Silkk was reported to be dating R&B singer Mya between 1996 and 2000. They got close while working on their duet, Somebody like Me. They even worked together for the video of the song. Their breakup might have been messy as they haven’t talked for years.
Note – Silkk is the father of two children. His Lil King was born in 2001 and also has a daughter Jianna.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall body
- Short cropped hairdo
- Wears diamonds studs
Best Known For
- The popularity and success of his single, It Ain’t My Fault
- Having collaborated with popular artists such as Mystikal, Snoop Dogg, and Romeo Miller
In August 1996, he released his debut studio album, The Shocker which reached #49 on Billboard 200.
In 1997, he was first seen in a supporting role as Vito “Silk” McKnight in the drama-comedy film, I’m Bout It.
First TV Show
In 2004, the rapper guest appeared as himself on the music talk show, Soul Train.
Silkk the Shocker Favorite Things
- Animals – Lion, pit bull, and alligator
- TV Shows – Friends (1994-2004)
- Romantic Movies – Sleepless in Seattle (1993), Poetic Justice (1993), Jason’s Lyric (1994)
- Fast Food Joints – McDonald’s, Whataburger, Chick-fil-A
- Watch – Techno Master spinning rim watch
Source – Vibe
Silkk the Shocker Facts
- He loves to collect basketball memorabilia and expensive watches.
- At the age of 13, he moved to Richmond with his older brother Master P.
- He credits his brother Master P for his success and has revealed that he has been a father figure for him.
- On January 19, 1999, he released his 3rd studio album titled Made Man via No Limit Records, Priority Records, and EMI. The album peaked at number #1 on both the US Billboard 200 chart and the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart as well as was certified ‘Platinum’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- In 2010, he joined his brother Master P and nephew Romeo Miller for No Limit Forever International music tour.
- He certainly loves tattoos and had got the ‘Made Man’ phrase on the upper part of his torso.