|Mýa Marie Harrison Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 10, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mýa Marie Harrison is an American singer, dancer, songwriter, producer, and actress who has released several popular and commercially successful albums including Mýa (1998), Fear of Flying (2000), Moodring (2003), Liberation (2007), Sugar & Spice (2008), and Smoove Jones (2016). She had won a Grammy Award in 2002 in the category of ‘Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals’ for her rendition of the hit 1975 song Lady Marmalade. Apart from selling more than 10 million albums worldwide, she has also dabbled in acting and has played supporting roles and cameos in several movies and TV series.
Mýa Marie Harrison
My My, Mya-Re, Smoove Jones, Ms. Caramel, Queen of Throwback R&B, Dancing Queen, Ghetto Princess
Washington, D.C., United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Mýa had graduated from the Eleanor Roosevelt High School in Greenbelt, Maryland, at the age of just 16. She had then joined the University of Maryland but had dropped out after attending a few classes to pursue a career in music.
Singer, Dancer, Songwriter, Producer, Actress
- Father – Sherman Alphonso Harrison, Jr. (Musician)
- Mother – Theresa Harrison (née Marie) (Accountant)
- Siblings – Chaz Harrison (Younger Brother), Nijel Harrison (Younger Brother)
- Others – Sherman Alphonso Harrison (Paternal Grandfather)
She is represented by Marc Rosenthal, General Manager, Hue Entertainment, LLC, Los Angeles, California, United States.
R&B, Pop, Hip-Hop, Soul
- Interscope Records
- Universal Motown Records
- Manhattan Records
- Planet 9
- The Orchard
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mýa has dated –
- Jay-Z – Rumor
- Lil Jon
- Gucci Mane – Rumor
- Cam’ron – Rumor
- 50 Cent
- Silkk The Shocker (1996-2000)
- Spider Loc
- The Game (2005)
- Larry Johnson (2010-2011)
- DeSean Jackson (2011-2012)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
She is of African-American descent on her father’s side and Italian descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair dark brown or red.
- Petite frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
Mýa has endorsed and promoted brands such as –
- The Gap, Inc.
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Bongo Jeans
- Marine Groove perfume (Escada SE)
Mýa Marie Harrison Facts
- She was named after the renowned American poet Maya Angelou.
- She had revealed in an interview that she had often been bullied in school for her mixed ethnicity.
- In 2003, she had voiced the character of the National Security Agency (NSA) agent and Bond girl Mya Starling for the video game James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing. She had also performed the original theme song titled Everything or Nothing for the game.
- In 2005, she had founded The Mýa Arts & Tech Foundation, a non-profit charitable organization that helps underprivileged youth by educating them in arts and technology and seeking employment opportunities for them in those fields.
- She had participated in the 9th season (2009) of the popular dance competition-based reality TV series Dancing with the Stars and had finished in 2nd place overall.
- Mýa had been a vegetarian for the longest time before fully adopting veganism. She has often promoted the lifestyle on social media on behalf of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).
Featured Image by Mýa Marie Harrison / Instagram