|Charlie Murphy Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 12, 1959|
|Died||April 12, 2017|
Charlie Murphy was an American comedian and actor who was best known to be the older brother of veteran comedian and actor Eddie Murphy. Besides that, Charlie was also known for his contribution as a writer and for being a member of the cast of Chappelle’s Show and Black Jesus.
Charles Quinton Murphy
He was born on July 12, 1959.
Charlie died on April 12, 2017, at the age of 57, in New York City, New York, the United States due to leukemia.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Father – Charles Edward Murphy (Transit Police Officer, Part-time Actor, Comedian)
- Mother – Lillian Murphy (Telephone Operator)
- Siblings – Eddie Murphy (Older Brother) (Comedian, Actor, Singer)
- Others – Vernon Lynch (Step-Brother) (Producer, Writer), Nicole Mitchell Murphy (Ex-Sister In-Law) (Actress), Ray Murphy Jr. (Cousin Brother) (Producer), Uncle Ray Murphy (Uncle) (Actor)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charlie’s named had been linked to –
- Tisha Taylor Murphy (1997-2009) – Tisha and Charlie were married to one another from 1997 to 2009. However, Tisha’s life came to an untimely end in December 2009, due to cervical cancer.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thin eyebrows
- Sported a boxed shaped beard
- Nubian nose shape
Charlie Murphy Facts
- He was brought up in the New York City borough of Brooklyn.
- Charlie’s mother worked as a telephone operator and his father was a transit police officer. However, he passed away in 1969.
- He was a teenager when he was arrested and sent to prison for 10 months. He was released in 1978.
- The day he was released from prison, Charlie applied to the United States Navy and served in the navy for 6 years as a boiler technician.
- He was part of the hip hop group K-9 Posse and worked as a songwriter and executive producer. Charlie also wrote the song Somebody’s Brother and Say Who Say What.
- Murphy used to practice karate.
- He made his first TV show appearance on Saturday Night Live in 1984.
- Charlie got his nickname “Omar” during his teenage years.
- He was part of a street gang during his early life.
Featured Image By Timothy M. Moore / Flickr / CC BY 3.0