Cameron Ezike Giles
Cam’ron, Killa Cam, Scampi Man
Harlem, New York, United States
Cam’ron studied at the Manhattan Center for Science and Mathematics. Due to his poor academic records, he lost out on basketball scholarships.
He was an excellent basketball player and made it to the top 25 of the all-American basketball players. His team lost the playoffs because of which he slipped into depression and dropped out of school and became a drug dealer.
He didn’t complete his high school and thus, had to enroll in Navarro Junior College in Texas and missed the opportunity to be enrolled at the University of Miami.
Rapper, actor, entrepreneur
- Mother – Fredericka Giles
- Asylum (former)
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
81 kg or 179 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Cam’ron has dated –
- Mya – American singer Mya was rumored to have had a fling with Cam’ron in the past.
- JuJu (2007–Present) – JuJu met Cam’ron in 2002 when she was a screener at the airport. The two were in an on-again-off-again relationship. They finally got back together in 2007 and have been rock solid ever since. The two are regularly seen at events and are considered a power couple.
Note – He has a son from an unidentified woman.
Race / Ethnicity
Cam’ron’s parents are of African-American descent.
- Often seen sporting pink in his outfits.
- Cam’ron’s unique dressing sense.
Cam’ron has endorsed the following brands.
- Oh Boy cologne
Best Known For
- His early hits in the 2000’s such as his album S.D.E. (Sports Drugs & Entertainment), Come Home with Me (2001), and Purple Haze (2004).
- Having public feuds with Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Kanye West amongst others.
Cam’ron released his debut studio album in July 1998 titled Confessions of Fire. It was certified as ‘Gold’ by RIAA and reached #6 on Billboard 200.
Cam’ron made his theatrical film debut in 2002 in the action comedy film Paper Soldiers. He played the role of a masked Dominican.
First TV Show
Cam’ron appeared on the musical talk show Soul Train in 2002.
Cam’ron Favorite Things
- Meal – Tilapia
- Color – Pink
Source – GQ.com, AllHipHop.com
- His longtime friends include Mase and Jim Jones.
- He has a clothing line named Dipset USA.
- Cam’ron launched his cape line at the New York Fashion Week alongside designer Mark McNairy on February 11, 2014.
- He got shot after he resisted the threat of giving up his Lamborghini on October 23, 2005. His friend Huddy 6 was riding with him.
- He owned a Bronx liquor store along with his mother in the late 90’s.
- Cam’ron took a hiatus from singing after his mother suffered three strokes which left her partially paralyzed.
- In 2000, he suffered from a hernia and ulcer and hence decided to quit drinking.
- He was offered the position of President of Rocafella. However, due to his salary demand of $500,000, Def Jam did not agree.
- He was inspired by Kool G Rap since he had a lisp just like Cam’ron.
- Real estate agents were impressed with his interior designing skills when he was trying to sell his house. He was eventually offered a job for the same.
Featured Image by Fuseboxradio / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0