|Syleena Johnson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 2, 1976|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Syleena Johnson is an American singer, actress, songwriter, and entrepreneur who rose to fame with the release of her 2nd album, Chapter 2: The Voice (2002).
Syleena Nikeeya Thompson
Harvey, Illinois, United States
Syleena completed her graduation at Drake University in June 2015, with a bachelor’s degree in nutrition science, summa cum laude. She received her degree 21 years after she enrolled.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Yoga Instructor, Nutrition Advocate, Entrepreneur, Agent, Television Presenter
- Father – Sylvester Johnson (Blues and Soul Singer, Musician, Songwriter, Record Producer)
- Mother – Brenda Thompson (Police Commissioner)
- Siblings – Syleecia Thompson (Older Sister) (Agent), Sylette Thompson (Older Sister), She has 2 more sisters.
- Others – Jimmy Johnson (Uncle) (Blues Guitarist, Singer)
Syleena has released his music with various record labels including Shanachie, E1, Aneelys, Blackbyrd, and Jive.
Syleena Johnson’s net worth was $2 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Syleena has dated –
- Marcus Betts (2000) – Syleena tied the knot with former Illinois State University college basketball player Marcus Betts in August 2000. However, the couple legally parted ways sometime after that.
- Kiwane Garris (2007-Present) – She got married to former basketball player Kiwane Garris on July 1, 2007. The couple has 2 children Kiwane Garris Jr. (b. August 1, 2007) and Kingston (b. February 6, 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
Syleena has African-American ancestry.
- Her afro hairstyle
- Curvaceous physical appearance
Syleena Johnson Facts
- Originally, Syleena is from Chicago, Illinois.
- Syleena’s mother was the first black female police commissioner of Harvey, Illinois. Whereas, her father Syl was a prominently known blues soul singer, musician, and songwriter.
- She released her debut studio album titled Chapter 1: Love, Pain & Forgiveness on May 15, 2001. From there, Syleena went on to release various other albums such as Chapter 2: The Voice, Chapter 3: The Flesh, Chapter 4: Labor Pains, Chapter 5: Underrated, and Chapter 6: Couples Therapy. Both her first 2 albums ranked at #1 place on the Top Heatseekers list.
- Over the years, Syleena has collaborated with the likes of various well-known stars including Kanye West, Musiq Soulchild, and his father Syl Johnson.
- Syleena is a member of the well-known sorority, Zeta Phi Beta.
- In the past, Syleena was inducted into the Alpha Beta Kappa honors society.
- She is an agent at DYG Management.
- In 2014, Syleena was nominated for a Grammy Award for “Best R&B Album (R&B Divas)” and a Billboard Music Video Award nomination for “Best Adult Contemporary New Artist Clip of the Year (“I Am Your Woman”)”.
Featured Image By Syleena Johnson / Instagram