|Halima Aden Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5.5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 19, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Halima Aden is a Somali model who has been crowned by Times, Evening Standard, and Instyle to be the first hijab-wearing model to ever walk international runways. Aden has helped to inspire people all across the world with her novel fashion and defying beauty. She has single-handedly paved a whole new era of fashion for women who wish to enter the modeling industry. Halima’s uniqueness has earned a place on the covers of several magazines such as Vogue Arabia in June 2017, Glamour UK in September 2017, Teen Vogue USA in July 2018, and S Moda in February 2018. She has more than 800k followers on Instagram.
St. Cloud, Minnesota, United States
Halima studied at Apollo High School where she was chosen to be the homecoming queen. She later attended the St. Cloud State University, where she became the first hijab-wearing student senator.
- Siblings – She has a younger brother.
Halima is represented all over the world by IMG Models.
5 ft 5.5 in or 166.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Somali ancestry.
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU) or 5 (UK)
Halima Aden has done endorsement work for brands such as –
- Max Mara
- Philipp Plein
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Yeezy by Kanye West
- Alberta Ferretti
- American Eagle OutFitters
- Calvin Klein Women
- Fenty Beauty by Rihanna
Best Known For
- Being the first hijab-wearing model as well as the first to ever walk international runways
- Having been featured in several magazines for her unique fashion sense such as Vogue UK and Vogue Arabia
Halima Aden Facts
- She was born at a refugee camp based in a small place called Kakuma in northwestern Kenya.
- Her compelling passion for modeling made her the first hijab-model ever to walk on international runways and be signed to a major modeling agency.
- She is considered to be the first hijab-wearing model to be featured on the cover of the British Vogue in 102 years.
- In 2004, she left Kenya and moved to St. Cloud, Minnesota, United States, with her mother and younger brother.
- In 2016, Halima became the first contestant to wear a hijab and a burkini while competing for the Miss Minnesota USA beauty pageant.
- In 2017, Halima made her Fashion Week runway debut in New York for Kanye West on the fifth season of Yeezy.
- Halima Aden has served as the ambassador of UNICEF in the past.
- In 2018, Instyle magazine recognized her as the girl who made history.
- In 2018, Halima returned to her birthplace Kakuma after 14 years.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Halima Aden / Instagram