|Justine Bateman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 19, 1966|
Justine Bateman is an American writer, director, and producer who is notably known for her portrayal in various films and shows including Family Ties, Satisfaction, Men Behaving Badly, The TV Set, Desperate Housewives, and Californication. Other than that, she is also known for writing, directing, and producing the short film Five Minutes that was shown at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2017.
Justine Tanya Bateman
Rye, New York, United States
Justine divides her time between Los Angeles and New York.
Justine studied at Taft High School in Woodland Hills, California.
Later, in 2016, Justine graduated with a degree in Computer Science and Digital Media Management from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Writer, Director, Actress, Producer
- Father – Kent Bateman (Director, Producer)
- Mother – Victoria Elizabeth (Former Flight Attendant)
- Siblings – Jason Bateman (Younger Brother) (Actor, Director, Producer)
- Niece – Leo George Bateman (Paternal Grandfather), Gladys McGee (Paternal Grandmother), Amanda Anka (Sister-In-Law), Francesca Nora Bateman (Niece) and Maple Sylvie Bateman (Niece)
Justine is represented by Innovative Artists and William Morris Endeavor.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Justine has dated –
- Robert J. Anderson
- Billy Idol
- Richard Dean Anderson
- Warren Beatty
- Scott McGinnis (1987)
- Leif Garrett (1987-1993)
- Mark Fleunt (2001) – In January 2001, she married a man named Mark Fluent. The couple has 2 children, a boy named Duke Kenneth Fluent (b. June 18, 2002) and a girl named Gianetta Fluent (b. January 2004).
Race / Ethnicity
Justine has English, Scottish, Maltese, Swiss-German, Swedish, and Danish ancestry.
- Alluring eyes
- Thin upper lip
- Slender physical appearance
She has appeared in commercials for various brands including Maxwell House Coffee (1986).
Justine Bateman Facts
- She grew up alongside her younger brother Jason Bateman in New York.
- Justine’s brother Jason suffered from alcohol and drug abuse in the past. However, as of 2020, he was a successful actor who was prominently known for his portrayal of Marty Byrde, a money launderer for a drug cartel on the hit Netflix series of Ozark.
- Her mother Victoria was from the United Kingdom and worked as a flight attendant for the Pan American World Airways.
- After the completion of her schooling, Justine was unable to join college due to the acting contract she had signed while working on Family Ties. However, she finally joined UCLA and graduated in 2016.
- She got her big break with the role of Mallory Keaton in Family Ties (1982-1989).
- As a writer, Justine’s debut feature film titled Violet was set to be shown at the 2020 SXSW Film Festival.
- She is the owner of FM78.tv which was launched in 2004.
- From the year 2000 to 2003, Justine ran a clothing design company titled Justine Bateman Designs that was sold at several retails stores such as BendelsNY, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Fred Segal.
- Justine is a licensed single-engine plane pilot and also a professionally certified scuba diver.
Featured Image By sagindie / Flickr / CC BY 2.0