|Kool G Rap Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 20, 1968|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kool G Rap is an American rapper who has released the albums 4,5,6 (1995), Roots of Evil (1998), The Giancana Story (2002), Half a Klip (2008), Riches, Royalty, Respect (2011), and Return of the Don (2017). He has collaborated on the albums of numerous A-List singers and rappers and is also well recognized for his work as one-half of the group Kool G Rap & DJ Polo and as a member of the Juice Crew, an American hip hop collective made up largely of Queensbridge, New York-based artists in the mid-to-late 1980s. He is widely acknowledged as one of the most influential and skilled MCs of all time and is regarded as a pioneer of the mafioso rap musical genre as well as multisyllabic rhyming.
Nathaniel Thomas Wilson
Kool G Rap, Giancana
Jamaica, Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Hip Hop, East Coast Hip Hop, Mafioso Rap, Hardcore Hip Hop, Gangsta Rap, Horrorcore
- Cold Chillin’ Records
- Warner Records Inc.
- Epic Records
- Sony Music Entertainment
- Entertainment One
- Koch Records
- Chinga Chang Records
- Fat Beats
Kool G Rap’s net worth had been $1.5 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kool G Rap has dated –
- Satina Pearce
- Karrine Steffans (1995–1999) – Kool G Rap had first met writer, former actress, and former video vixen Karrine Steffans in 1995 while she was working at a strip club. They began dating soon after and when she had moved in to live with him, around December 1995, she was 17 years old whereas he was about a decade older. They got married soon after and have a son together named Naim Wilson (b. January 19, 1998). About a year after the birth of Naim, Karrine had left Kool G Rap, in early 1999, due to his habit of constantly cheating on her. In her memoir, she had also revealed that he was physically abusive to her and one such incident had even led to her hospitalization.
- Ma Barker
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Sports a rugged beard
- Raspy voice
- Often makes appearances in a baseball hat
Kool G Rap Facts
- The G in his stage name ‘Kool G Rap’ stands for genius.
- His debut solo studio album, 4,5,6 (1995), has been his most commercially successful record, as of October 2021. It had peaked at number 24 on Billboard 200, a record chart that ranks the 200 most popular music albums and EPs in the United States.
- The name of his 3rd solo studio album, The Giancana Story (2002), was inspired by the mobster Sam Giancana, an American gangster who was the boss, from 1957 to 1966, of the Chicago Outfit, an Italian-American organized crime syndicate based in Chicago, Illinois, which had started in the 1910s.
- In his popular track titled Encore, renowned rapper and songwriter Jay-Z had paid tribute to Kool G Rap in the line ‘hearing me rap is like hearing G Rap in his prime’.
Featured Image by Kool G Rap / Instagram