|Jay-Z Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 4, 1969|
Jay-Z is an American rapper, songwriter, record producer, and businessman who is regarded as one of the greatest rappers of all time as well as one of the best showmen. Credited as one of the most influential hip-hop artists, he has won at least 22 Grammy Awards, the first rapper to achieve the feat, and also became the first rapper to be honored into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2017.
Shawn Corey Carter
S-dot, Young Hov, Jazzy (or Jay-Z), Hova, Jigga, J-Hova, Jiggaman, Iceberg Slim, Lucky Lefty, Joe Camel, Hov, The Carter Administration, El Presidente
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Shawn Corey Carter attended Eli Whitney High School in Brooklyn. Post that, he went to George Westinghouse Career and Technical Education High School in Downtown Brooklyn. Finally, Corey enrolled himself into Trenton Central High School in Trenton, New Jersey. But, he did not graduate from that school.
Rapper, Songwriter, Record Producer, Record Executive, Entrepreneur
- Father – Adnes Reeves
- Mother – Gloria Carter
- Siblings – Eric Carter (Older Brother), Michelle Carter (Sister), Andrea Carter (Sister)
Def Jam, Roc-A-Fella, Roc Nation, Atlantic, Priority Records
In 2023, as per Forbes, Jay-Z’s net worth was $2.5 billion.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
85 kg or 187.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jay-Z has dated –
- Mýa Marie Harrison – RUMOR
- Ananda Lewis – RUMOR
- Maia Campbell – RUMOR
- Chrissy Lampkin – RUMOR
- Amil – RUMOR
- Tionne ‘T-Boz’ Watkins (1995-1998) – Between the years 1995 and 1998, he went out with singer, songwriter, and actress Tionne ‘T-Boz’ Watkins.
- Carmen Bryan (1997-1999)
- Lil’ Kim (1998-2000) – From 1998 to 2000, the two rappers were romantically linked to each other. Lil’ Kim is more than 1 feet shorter than Jay-Z. She stands 4 ft 11 in.
- Charlie Baltimore (1999) – In 1999, Jay-Z was RUMORed to have had a fling with Charlie.
- Christina Milian (1999) – He had a fling with actress, singer, and songwriter, Christina Milian, in 1999.
- Foxy Brown – Jay-Z was rumored to be dating rapper Foxy Brown in the past.
- Aaliyah (1999) – Jay-Z had a short relationship with singer Aaliyah in 1999. She died two years later, after that.
- Rosario Dawson (2000) – He had a fling with actress Rosario Dawson in 2000.
- Karrine Steffans (2000)
- Shenelle Scott (2000-2001) – Jay-Z met the Trinidadian and Tobagonian glamour model during the Big Pimpin video shoot in 2000. They dated for a year from 2000 to 2001. It is assumed that he is the father of Shenelle’s child, Isa Jael.
- Trina (2000)
- Blu Cantrell (2001) – The two singers were romantically linked to each other in 2001.
- Beyoncé Knowles (2002-Present) – American singer Beyonce after, many years of dating with Jay-Z married him. They first met each other when they were on a tour in 2002 and soon they started dating. The duo, then engaged in May 2005 and married on April 4, 2008, secretly in New York City. Beyonce gave birth to the couple’s first child, a daughter – Blue Ivy Carter (born – January 7, 2012). Later, on June 13, 2017, the couple welcomed twins Rumi Carter (daughter) and Sir Carter (son). Rumi is older than Sir.
- Free (2004) – RUMOR
- Rihanna (2006-2007)
- Kim Kardashian West (2007) – RUMOR
- Yes Liv Can (2008)
- Rita Ora (2009) – He had an encounter with English singer-songwriter Rita Ora in 2009.
- Rachel Roy (2014) – In 2014, Jay-Z was rumored to have hooked up with fashion designer Rachel Roy before the Met Gala.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Multi-talented personality
- Broad nose
Budweiser Select, American Red Cross, Reebok (2005), Hewlett-Packard (2006), Ace of Spades, etc.
Along with Beyonce, Jay-Z appeared in the “About Love” campaign of Tiffany & Co. in August 2021.
Best Known For
His various albums such as The Blueprint 3 (2009), Vol. 3… Life and Times of S. Carter (1999), In My Lifetime, Vol. 1 (1997) and others.
Jay-Z released his debut album Reasonable Doubt on June 25, 1996, in the USA via Roc-A-Fella records. It charted at #23 in the USA. It got the certification of Platinum in America.
Jay-Z sold 1,514,000 copies of the album in the U.S.
Jay-Z starred in his debut film Streets Is Watching. The musical film, which is written by Jay-Z himself was released in 1998.
For Grammys 2014, Beyonce and Jay Z did the workout together, which mainly involved dance moves to shed off pounds. No doubt, there were running sessions and other exercises too.
Marco Borges is the man behind their amazing bodies. He made Jay-Z eat the vegan diet to prepare for the music show, Grammys 2014.
Check out his workout routine and diet plan.
Jay-Z Favorite Things
- Album (Personal) – Reasonable Doubt
- Britney Spears Song – Toxic
- Michael Jackson Song – Human Nature
- Movies – Cliche (2003), Godfather II (1974), True Romance (1993)
- Cereal – Cap’n Crunch
- Pasta – Linguine with clam
Source – IMDb, Idolator.com
- Jay-Z owns a record label company “Roc Nation”.
- His father left the family when Jay-Z was very young. So, he is primarily raised by his mother.
- In 1982 (when Jay-Z was 12), he shot his older brother in the shoulder for stealing his jewelry.
- Via his music, Jay-Z revealed that he had been involved in selling crack cocaine in the past.
- He received the nickname Jazzy in his childhood. It gradually turned into Jay-Z. On July 18, 2013, he dropped the hyphen in Jay-Z and now wants to be known as Jay Z.
- He does not like puns.
- He had a great interest in music since childhood and due to that reason, her mother bought him a boom box for his birthday.
- He is the co-owner of his clothing line Rocawear. He also owns a sports bar called 40/40 Club.
- He has held the record for the most number-one albums by a solo artist on the Billboard 200, with a total of 14.
- He has credited musicians like Marvin Gaye and Donny Hathaway as his influences.
- Jaz-O is his musical mentor and that is why Jay-Z adopted the stage name as Jay-Z.
- In November 2020, he invested in a fitness equipment startup, CLMBR in which Novak Djokovic (tennis player) and YouTube co-founder Chad Hurley have also invested.
- Jay-Z started his own blog-like lifestyle website in April 2011, which covered a wide variety of topics. Visit his official website @ lifeandtimes.com.
- In 2014, he had purchased a 100% stake in the Armand de Brignac (aka Ace of Spades) champagne brand (from Sovereign Brands). Later, in February 2021, he had sold a 50% stake to luxury group LVMH.
- Along with Bacardi, he also co-owns D’Ussé cognac.
- In May 2021, through his company S. Carter Enterprises, Jay-Z filed for a new trademark ‘2/J’. Through this venture, he was planning to enter the media and television industry.
- In 2019, Jay-Z was declared the first billionaire of hip-hop.
- In 2015, he had purchased the tech company Aspiro which owned the media streaming service Tidal reportedly for $56 million. After 6 years, he sold the majority stake in Tidal to Square (owned by Twitter’s Jack Dorsey) for $350 million.
- Along with Jay Brown and Larry Marcus, he co-founded a venture capital and private equity firm called Marcy Venture Partners in 2018. Through this firm, he has invested in various companies to date including NFT marketplace Bitski in 2021.
- In 2021, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Jay-Z learned how to swim after his and Beyonce’s first child Blue Ivy was born in 2012.
- In June 2021, Mariah Carey had left Jay-Z’s management company Roc Nation.
- In November 2021, he had officially joined Instagram. However, the very next day, he had deactivated his account where he had already gained over a million followers.
- During the 2022 Grammys, Jay-Z was nominated in the “Album of the Year” category for Kanye West’s Donda and received 2 nominations in the “Best Rap Song” category. With this, he became the most Grammy-nominated artist ever, with a total of 83 nominations.
- In July 2022, as per the data released by sustainability marketing agency Yard and celebrity jet tracker CelebJets, Jay-Z was on #3 on the list of celebrities causing the most private jet pollution. Taylor Swift had topped that list.
- With a $2.5 billion net worth as per Forbes, Jay-Z was the world’s richest hip-hop mogul.
- In May 2023, Beyonce and Jay-Z bought a 30,000-square-foot home in Malibu for $200 million.