|Novak Djokovic Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 22, 1987|
Novak Djokovic is a Serbian professional tennis player who has been ranked world No. 1 in men’s singles tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP). As of 2020, he has won 17 Grand Slam singles titles, 5 ATP Finals titles, a record 36 ATP Tour Masters 1000 titles, 14 ATP Tour 500 titles, and has held the No. 1 spot in the ATP rankings for a total of 291 weeks (second of all time). Throughout his career span, he has received many awards and honors and was presented with the BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year award in 2011.
Belgrade, SFR Yugoslavia
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Novak attended Pilic Tennis Academy in Munich, Germany.
Professional Tennis Player
First Grand Slams Singles Wins
The popular Nole has won several Grand Slam singles titles. But, the first ones were in the years –
- US Open – 2011
- Wimbledon – 2011
- Australian Open – 2008
- French Open – 2016
- Father – Srdjan Djokovic (Family Sport, owns a company)
- Mother – Dijana Djokovic (Family Sport, owns a company)
- Siblings – Marko Djokovic (Younger Brother) (Professional Tennis Player), Djordje Djokovic (Younger Brother) (Professional Tennis Player)
Nole is signed with Family Sport D.O.O (Sports Management Company).
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Novak Djokovic has dated –
- Lidija Popovic – He was romantically involved with DJ Lidija Popovic in the past.
- Jelena Ristic (2005-Present) – Novak met Jelena back in 2005 while they were in high school and since then, their love has spread throughout these years. The couple got engaged on September 25, 2013, and almost a year after on July 11, 2014, they got married on Sveti Stefan in Montenegro. In one interview, Jelena said that both, she and Nole has gone through many things together. “At the time, we started our relationship, we knew that Novak will have to travel all the time, so we were constructing plans so, we can see each other. You know at that time the plane tickets were far more expensive than they are right now,” said Jelena. Jelena, who is a former model, currently runs her husband’s foundation known as Novak Djokovic’s foundation which is dedicated to helping all children in Serbia. On April 24, 2014, Novak announced that Jelena is pregnant and on October 21, 2014, Jelena gave birth to their first child, a son named Stefan. Later, they were blessed with a daughter named Tara born on September 2, 2017.
- Leryn Franco (2008) – Although this is categorized as RUMOR, in 2008, Nole was linked with Olympic javelin thrower Leryn Franco. Leryn, who has also been a model, once finished as a runner-up in the contest for Miss Paraguay. The RUMORs were ignited in 2008 when Leryn was seen on one of Nole’s matches while he was playing on the 2008 US Open tournament.
- Natasha Bekvalac (2009) – In 2009, Novak was also linked with the popular Serbian blonde singer Natasha Bekvalac. Although their relationship is categorized as an encounter, Novak came with an answer about this in the press release. “Many media outlets and newspapers don’t have a better job than just providing fun RUMOUR stories” – said Djokovic.
- Lauren Von Der Pool (2012-2015) – RUMOR
- Deepika Padukone (2016) – He had a fling with Indian actress and producer Deepika Padukone in the year 2016.
- Nina Senicar (2016) – In 2016, he had a short-termed romance with actress and model Nina Senicar.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Serbian and Croatian descent.
- Great sense of humor
- Great showman
- Shiny smile
10.5 (US) or 9.5 (UK) or 44 (EU) or 28 cm (JAP)
He has served as the brand ambassador for UNIQLO (2012), SEIKO Watches (January 10, 2014), Learjet (2012), etc.
He has also signed deals with Adidas (2003-2009), Sergio Tacchini (2009-2011), Mercedes Benz (2012).
Further, Djokovic has appeared in print ads for iDEA, Konzul (Supermarket chain), DIS Trgovina (Supermarket chain), Head rackets, and others.
Djokovic adheres to the Serbian Orthodox Church.
Best Known For
Winning more than a dozen Grand Slam singles titles, and for holding first place on the ATP list for 133 weeks.
Marian Vajda (Started working with Marian in 2006), Boris Becker (Started working with Boris in 2013)
Novak has the body type, known as Ectomorph or bêtter known as “hard weight gainer.”
This body type allows Novak to eat anything he wants because it’s very hard for him to put any weight on.
Ectomorphs are having that built, which is especially good for tennis. Being lightweight, they can move faster in short distances, and they have great agility, that’s why Novak is spending so much time doing yoga poses and stretching. That will open his hips for a greater range of motion and will increase his ability for performing faster cutting movements that are very present in Tennis.
Despite, Novak does different types of training throughout the year, he mentioned yoga as his favorite. In his own words –
“I wouldn’t make this far if it wasn’t for Yoga. Those stretches are preparing my body for the upcoming practices or matches, improving my overall body performance while keeping me injury free in the same time.”
He gives credit to one Serbian nutritionist named Igor Cetojevic, who actually suggested Novak this diet.
“I lost 11 pounds with this diet and I feel like reborn again. I move better and I’m more flexible, in the same time. I haven’t been sick for more than 3 years now and all my allergies are gone, my asthma is gone too, I just feel much better since I started the gluten-free diet”.
– said Djokovic in one of the interviews given to a Serbian magazine.
Novak Djokovic Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza
- Car – Audi
- Movie – Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
- Color – Red
- Books – The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins books
- Football Club – AC Milan, F.C Benfica, Red Star
- Song – Kafana je moja sudbina, Call Me Maybe, Without You
Source – NovakDjokovic.com
Novak Djokovic Facts
- Novak held a racquet for the first time when he was four.
- His childhood idol is Pete Sampras.
- At the age of 13, he and his family relocated to Munich, Germany for two months.
- Novak won 3 European single titles when he was 14.
- At the age of 16, he became a European champion, and during the same year, he was ranked as the 40th best junior tennis player in the world.
- Djokovic’s record for the most consecutive wins is 31 matches in the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 series.
- He is the first Serbian tennis player to win a Grand Slam title.
- Novak has won the Olympic Bronze medal that he achieved in Beijing 2008.
- In 2011, he won the Laureus World Sports Award for Sportsman of the Year.
- Novak speaks fluent Serbian, English, German, French, and Italian.
- Because he provided help to the churches and monasteries in Kosovo and provided assistance for the Serbian people in 2011, the Patriarch Irinej of Serbia awarded him with the Order of St. Sava I class. Moreover, Novak has also been honored with the Order of Karađorđe’s Star and the Order of the Republika Srpska.
- Novak is friends with the popular Serbian female tennis player, Ana Ivanovic. They have known each other since they were kids.
- He is a passionate fan of Red Star Belgrade.
- During the US Open 2020, Novak was disqualified from the tournament during the 4th round after he had unintentionally hit the line official in the throat with the tennis ball.
- During the French Open 2020, Novak hit the line judge once again but this time, he didn’t face any punishment and successfully qualified for the next match. It was a match against Karen Khachanov in the 4th round.
- He was defeated by Rafael Nadal in the 2020 French Open final.
- In March 2021, Serbian model Natalija Šćekić revealed that she was once offered by a man, nearly 60,000 euros and a trip wherever she wanted, to seduce Novak and film the secret s*x tape. She rejected it straightaway.
- In July 2021, Djokovic had won his 6th Wimbledon title in men’s singles by defeating Matteo Berrettini in the final. With this win, he had won 20 Grand Slams in the men’s singles category and equaled the record of Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer.
- In July 2021, at the Tokyo Olympics, Novak lost the final match against Spain’s Pablo Carreno Busta.
- In September 2021, Novak Djokovic reached the final match of the US Open 2021 but got defeated in straight sets by Daniil Medvedev.
- In 2021, Djokovic had won the Australian Open, French Open, and Wimbledon, but lost the US Open which made him lose the chance to win a Golden Slam.
- In December 2021, Novak was tested positive for COVID-19.
- In January 2022, he was not allowed to play in the Australian Open because he had not taken the coronavirus vaccine. He was originally allowed to play in this event. Hence, he took the flight to Australia. However, his visa was canceled on arrival.