|Rafael Nadal Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1986|
|Spouse||Maria Francisca Perello|
Rafael Nadal is a celebrated Spanish professional tennis player who has been ranked world No. 2 in men’s singles tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) as of October 2020. Regarded as one of the greatest players in the history of the game, he has won at least thirteen French Open titles, four US Open titles, two Wimbledon titles, and one Australian Open title, and won at least one Grand Slam every year for a record ten consecutive years (2005-2014).
Rafael Nadal Parera
Rafa, The King of Clay, Rafi, Spain’s Raging Bull, El Nino, Rafi
Manacor, Balearic Islands, Spain
Manacor, Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain
Rafa has a doctoral degree “Doctor Honoris Causa” from the European University of Madrid. He received that in 2015.
Professional Tennis Player
Left-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
- Father – Sebastián Nadal Homar (Businessman and owner of an insurance, glass, and window company named Vidres Mallorca and a restaurant named Sa Punta)
- Mother – Ana María Parera Femenías (Housewife)
- Siblings – Maria Isabel (Younger Sister)
- Others – Miguel Angel Nadal (Uncle) (Former professional footballer who played for FC Barcelona, RCD Mallorca and the Spanish national team), Toni Nadal (Uncle) (Former professional tennis player) (Tennis Coach), Rafael Nadal (Paternal Grandfather) (Musician), Isabel “Bel” Homar Sureda (Paternal Grandmother)
Nadal is signed with Fundacion Rafa Nadal.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
85 kg or 188 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rafael Nadal has dated –
- María Francisca (Mery) Perelló Pascual (2005-Present) – On December 7, 2005, Nadal began dating the Spanish girl Maria Francisca Perello. After dating for 5 years, the couple got engaged on April 21, 2010, and eventually married in October 2019 at La Fortaleza in Majorca, Spain.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Spanish descent.
- Wavy hair
- Often says “Vamos” after he wins a point
- Muscular body
Rafael Nadal’s body specifications might be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
10 (US) or 43 (EU) or 9 (UK)
Nadal has signed sponsorship contracts with Kia Motors (Since 2006) (In May 2015, Rafa continued the deal for another five years), Nike, Richard Mille, PokerStars, Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans, Lanvin, etc.
Best Known For
Being one of the best players in the history of tennis. The popular Rafa has been regarded as one of the most prominent clay-court players in history.
First TV Show
Other than tennis matches itself, Nadal has appeared in the TV series documentary No Strings in 2004 as himself.
First Professional Tennis Match
Rafa won his first ATP match in April 2002 against Ramon Delgado. At the time, he was only 15 years old and was ranked as No. 762 on the official ATP list.
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
Rafael won his first grand slam singles titles in –
- Australian Open – 2009
- French Open – 2005
- Wimbledon – 2008
- US Open – 2010
You can check Nadal’s recent title wins on ATP World Tour.
Rafael Nadal has been coached by his uncle Toni Nadal since the start of his tennis career.
There are numerous workout videos of Nadal which can be seen on the following links –
Rafael Nadal Favorite Things
- Soccer Team – Real Madrid, FC Barcelona
- Surface – Clay
- Japanese Anime – Dragon Ball
Rafael Nadal Facts
- Nadal was first introduced to tennis by his uncle Toni Nadal at the age of three.
- Besides Real Madrid, Nadal is an avid supporter of RCD Mallorca.
- When he was 8 years old, Rafa won a regional U-12 tennis tournament.
- As a kid, he was also a promising football player.
- Nadal won the U-12 Spanish and European tennis tournament.
- When Rafa was 14, the Spanish Federation proposed to Nadal’s family to shift to Barcelona so he can train better. But, Rafa’s parents did not accept the request because of his school duties.
- He turned professional tennis player at 15.
- Rafael achieved a victory over the legendary Swiss tennis player Roger Federer in their first official match-up. At the time, Nadal was only 17 years old.
- He won his first Grand Slam title at French Open at the age of 19.
- His biggest rivals during his career had been Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, and Andy Murray.
- In 2010, Nadal became the ambassador of a company that produces biscuits, bakery, and chocolate-coated products named Quely.
- In December 2013, Rafa competed against the retired Brazilian football player Ronaldo and 4 other players in a charity poker tournament which he managed to win.
- He has supported various charities including City Harvest, Elton John AIDS Foundation, Laureus Sport for Good Foundation, and Small Steps Project.
- He supports the Spanish national football team. Rafa was one of the six people who were given access to the Spanish football team locker room after they won the finals of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- Rafa opened a foundation called Fundacion Rafa Nadal in February 2008.
- In June 2009, it was reported that his parents parted ways.
- On July 8, 2010, Nadal joined the team of shareholders of RCD Mallorca in order to help the team get out of the debt. He was offered the role of the vice president which he did not accept.
- He visited his tennis academy for underprivileged children at Anantapur Sports Village located in Andhra Pradesh, India on October 16, 2010.
- In February 2010, Nadal appeared in Shakira’s music video of “Gypsy”.
- He loves playing golf and poker. In April 2014, Rafa faced the number 1 female poker player Vanessa Selbst in a poker match in Monaco.
- In August 2011, John Carlin published Nadal’s autobiography called Rafa.
- As he defeated Novak Djokovic in the 2020 French Open, he won his 20th Grand Slam and tied with Roger Federer for the most number of grand slams in history for a male player.
- Visit his official website @ rafaelnadal.com.
- Follow Nadal on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.