|Nick Kyrgios Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 27, 1995|
Nick Kyrgios is an Australian professional tennis player who is best known for winning numerous tournaments such as Washington Open, Australian Open, and French Open. He has also participated in a variety of other tournaments such as Wimbledon, US Open, Brisbane International, Nature’s Way Sydney Tennis International, U.S. National Indoor Tennis Championships, Sydney International, Hopman Cup, ATP World Tour Masters 1000, and many more.
Nicholas Hilmy Kyrgios
Born Place / Residence
At the age of 16, the Australian Institute of Sport offered Kyrgios a full scholarship in order to improve his game.
Kyrgios was educated at Radford College where he stayed until Year 8. However after he finished Year 8, Nick decided to enroll himself to attend Daramalan College from where he got his Year 12 diploma in 2012.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Giorgos Kyrgios (House Painter)
- Mother – Norlaila “Nill” Kyrgios (Computer Engineer)
- Siblings – Christos Kyrgios (Older Brother) (Lawyer), Halimah Kyrgios (Older Sister) (Actress)
Manager / Coach
John Morris is Nick’s manager and coach. He is the director of Global Sporting Connections.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
198½ lbs or 90 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nick has dated –
- Ajla Tomljanović (2015-2017) – Croatian-Australian professional tennis player Ajla Tomljanović has dated Nick from 2015 to 2017. They even performed together as partners in the mixed double matches in the Australian Open in 2015 and 2016.
- Anna Kalinskaya (2020) – Nick had dated Russian tennis player, Anna Kalinskaya in 2020 for 2 months. They dated until March 2020. Their break-up was messy.
- Chiara Passari (2020-2021) – From mid-2020 until late 2021, Nick dated Australian personality named Chiara Passari. In February 2021, both parties had started making cheating charges against each other. By late 2021, due to an incident, Chiara filed a court case and Nick was charged with “common assault”.
- Costeen Hatzi (2021-Present) – After separating from Chiara, he started dating Australian blogger and social media star, Costeen Hatzi. The couple got engaged in May 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Greek and Malaysian descent.
- His haircuts
- Bad behavior
- Wears a gold necklace with a cross
Nick’s shoe size is speculated to be 11 (US).
Kyrgios has signed endorsement contracts with Yonex, Nike, Bonds, Beats and Malaysia Airlines.
Best Known For
Nick Kyrgios is known for his great athletic and tennis potential. His talent is what got him to the point to beat stars like Rafael Nadal and Richard Gasquet on the road to reaching quarterfinals during the 2014 Wimbledon Championship. Nick is one of the biggest Australian tennis prospects who has ever played.
First TV Show
Kyrgios first showed up in the TV series Wimbledon 2day in 2014.
Tennis as a sport is all about having quick reactions and changing directions while keeping the balance at the same time. That’s why almost every tennis athlete works a lot on their 1 leg and core stability.
If your core is stable, your balance will be better, i.e you will perform better on the court.
Kyrgios has been doing different exercises with a medicine ball working on body rotations, explosive pounding and more. He is not one of those typical athletes who are doing just weight lifting training because tennis is definitely not about muscles.
Here are two workout samples very similar to those Kyrgios has been doing.
Workout Sample 1
- Full Squat – Dumbbell – 20
- Alternating Lunge – 20 reps
- Alternating Palm Touches – 20 reps
- Step-Ups (Alternate) – Medicine Overhead – 20 reps
- Lateral Hop over Hurdle – 6 inch – 20 reps
- Sled Pulls – 15 m – 5 rounds
The Metabolic circuit is to be done for 5 rounds and the goal is to finish it below 23 minutes.
Workout Sample 2
- Slides – Cone to Cone – medicine ball in hands – 10 reps
- Tennis Ball Reaction Drill – working on starting speed and quickness – 15 L, 15 R
- 1 Legged Tennis Ball Pass – Standing on rubber pillow and working on balance – 15 each leg
- Sled Carry – 20 m
- Heavy Ropes – 30 seconds
- Push-Up to slide to forehand – 10 L, 10 R
- Cable Twist – 15 L, 15 R
The Metabolic circuit is to be done for 3 rounds with limited or no rest.
Nick Kyrgios Favorite Things
- City – Canberra
- Place – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Thing To Do On The Weekend – Shooting hoops
- Pre-Workout Snack – Sushi
Source – DailyMail.co.uk, The Carousel
Nick Kyrgios Facts
- Kyrgios’s mother was born with the title ‘Princess’ in Malaysia which she lost because she shifted to live in Australia.
- Kyrgios used to first train himself in basketball and was a very talented player in his early years. However, at the age of 14, he decided to switch and try his luck in tennis.
- He supports Boston Celtics (NBA League Team) and Tottenham Hotspur (Premier League Team).
- He loves Kevin Garnett, pointing him as his sports idol.
- As a kid, Nick’s idols were Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Michael Jordan, LeBron James, and Roger Federer.
- His last name is pronounced as KEER-ee-os.
- Nick’s playing style is aggressive.
- Kyrgios was charged for tanking during his match against Richard Gasquet during the 2015 Wimbledon Tournament.
- At the age of 15, Nick won the ITF junior tournament.
- At the 2015 Rogers Cup, Kyrgios told to Stan Wawrinka “Kokkinakis banged your girlfriend, sorry to tell you that mate,” which was a reason for a huge criticism from many people including Roger Federer who said that Kyrgios needs to receive a penalty for his bad.
- In June 2022, Nick had withdrawn himself from Wimbledon 2022 in the doubles category where he was set to play alongside Thanasi Kokkinakis. He wanted to focus on his singles title win.
- During Wimbledon 2022’s third round match against Stefanos Tsitsipas in July 2022, Nick was fined $4,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct whereas Stefanos was fined $10,000. Nick, however, had won the match.
- During the ’round of 16′ match in Wimbledon 2022, Nick Kyrgios broke Wimbledon’s historic all-white dress code by wearing red trainers and a red cap to the match. He had won that match which was against Brandon Nakashima.
- During Wimbledon 2022, Nick got a walkover for his semi-final match against Rafael Nadal (at that time world #4) in July 2022. Rafael suffered a tear in one of his abdominal muscles due to which he had to withdraw from the tournament.
- Nick reached his Wimbledon final for the first time in July during 2022 Wimbledon. However, he lost to Novak Djokovic. In that final, he had accused a female fan of having 700 drinks and distracting him due to which she was evicted from the ground.
- Even after reaching the final of Wimbledon 2022, Nick lost his rankings in July 2022 and reached to 45th position from 40th. This was because ATP had banned Russian and Belarusian players from playing in the tournament because of Russia’s war on Ukraine. ATP had stripped Wimbledon of its ranking status.
- In 2022, Nick had to pull himself out of the US Open 2022 tournament due to a knee injury.