Kevin Maurice Garnett
KG, The Franchise, The Kid, The Big Ticket
Greenville, South Carolina, USA
KG attended Mauldin High School in South Carolina. He first fell in love with basketball at Hillcrest Middle School.
He then went to McClancy High School and after he met a coach from Chicago’s Farragut Academy High School at a basketball camp, Garnett and his mother moved to the city of Chicago so he could transfer to the Academy for his senior years.
- Minnesota Timberwolves (1995 – 2007)
- Boston Celtics (2007-2013)
- Brooklyn Nets (2013-2015)
- Minnesota Timberwolves (2015-Present)
Power Forward, Center
In his early years in the NBA, while he was playing for the Minnesota Timberwolves, KG wore number 21 jersey.
When he was transferred to the Boston Celtics, he wore number 5. In 2013, he was again traded to Brooklyn Nets where he wore number 2. Since his return to Minnesota Timberwolves in 2015, he again wears number 21.
- Father – O’Lewis McCullough
- Mother – Shirley Garnett
- Siblings – Ashley Garnett (Younger Sister), Sonya Garnett (Older Sister)
Kevin is signed to ASM Sports (Sports Management Agency).
First NBA Game
Garnett’s NBA debut came on November 3, 1995, when Minnesota Timberwolves played against the Sacramento Kings. In that game, KG scored 8 points. Eventually, Minnesota lost that game by 9 points and the final result was 86-95 for the Kings.
6 ft 11 in or 2.11 m
253 lbs or 115 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
In July 2004, Kevin married his longtime girlfriend Brandi Padilla.
Race / Ethnicity
- Bald head
- Skinny muscular body
- His height 2.11 m
- Passion for the game
Kevin’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
15 (US) or 14.5 (UK) or 48 (EU)
KG has appeared in TV commercials for Nike, G2 sports drink, Beats By Dre (2013), NBA 2K9 (2009), Gatorade, AND 1 and Adidas.
Best Known For
KG is known as one of the best power forwards in basketball. He is known for his passion and love for the game. His militancy on the basketball court is what drove him all these years. In 2008, Kevin won his first championship with the Boston Celtics.
You can check Garnett’s favorite playoff moment that was summoned up to the moment when he got his first NBA title, here:
- Long arms
- Very flexible body
- High IQ for a big man
- Passion for basketball
- Work ethic
- Loses his nerves very easy
- Not so good hook shot
Kevin first appeared in the movie Blue Chips in 1994. He played the role of a basketball player of Dolphins.
First TV Show
Kevin still hasn’t appeared on a TV show.
Kevin Garnett is considered to be one of the hardest working NBA players. His work ethic is what drove him all these years and got him the championship ring in 2008. KG wants to do what no one else does, he wants to be different, that’s why he gets up every morning at 5 a.m. and runs 3 miles on the beach. He also does weightlifting training that includes different type of exercises for his lower and upper body strength.
“Maybe I’m not the best, I’m not the most skilled, but you won’t outwork me.”
– said Garnett in one of the interviews.
You can check the full video of Garnett’s beach workout.
You can check his weight lifting workout on mensfitness.com.
Kevin Garnett Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza and Spaghetti
- Meal – Breakfast
Source – KidzWorld
Kevin Garnett Facts
- Garnett’s mother and father were never married. Their relationship ended shortly after Kevin was born.
- His mother Shirley raised him and his two sisters alone.
- His mother got married to Garnett’s stepfather when he was twelve.
- At the age of 12, he and his family moved to Mauldin, South Carolina.
- He didn’t play organized basketball until high school.
- The summer before his senior year in high school, Kevin was involved in a fight between black and white students.
- KG was drafted as the fifth pick by the Minnesota Timberwolves on the 1995 NBA Draft.
- KG was traded to Brooklyn Nets from Boston on June 28, 2013.
- On February 19, 2015, Kevin was traded again to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- The basketball player Shammond Williams, who is a former Laker is KG’s cousin.
- Before a game, he bangs his head against the padded basketball stanchion to motivate himself.
- Kevin wasn’t a part of the US National basketball team at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens as he was getting married to Brandi Padilla.
- Garnett has achieved two gold medals with the National basketball team of US, one at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, and one at the 1999 FIBA Americas Championship in San Juan.
- You can follow KG on his Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.