|Cole Sillinger Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 2003|
Cole Sillinger is a Canadian professional ice hockey player who has represented the Columbus Blue Jackets (2021-22-Present) in the NHL (National Hockey League). He was selected 12th overall in the 2021 NHL Entry Draft by the Columbus Blue Jackets. The NHL Central Scouting Bureau (a department within the NHL that ranks prospects for the NHL Entry Draft at specific times during the hockey season) had ranked him as the 10th-best North American skater eligible ahead of the 2021 NHL Entry Draft. Representing Canada, he won the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2022 IIHF (International Ice Hockey Federation) World Championship held in Finland.
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Professional Ice Hockey Player
- Father – Mike Sillinger (Professional Ice Hockey Player (Retired), ‘Gold’ Medalist at the 1991 World Junior Ice Hockey Championship that was held in various communities in Saskatchewan)
- Mother – Karla Sillinger (née Dreger)
- Siblings – Owen Sillinger (Older Brother) (Professional Ice Hockey Player), Lukas Sillinger (Older Brother) (Ice Hockey Player)
34 – Columbus Blue Jackets
6 ft or 183 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Cole has dated –
- Shaye Paulhus (2019-2020)
- Tate McRae (2022-2023) – From 2022 to 2023, Cole and actress singer Tate McRae dated each other. In an interview with SiriusXM in September 2023, Tate confirmed that she was already single.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Overgrown, side-parted hair
- Often sports a light stubble
- Affable smile
- Has a tattoo on his left arm
Cole Sillinger Facts
- Cole began his ice hockey career in the 2018–19 season, playing for the Regina Pat Canadians in the SMAAAHL (Saskatchewan Male U18 AAA Hockey League), the highest level of minor hockey in Saskatchewan, one of the only 2 landlocked provinces of Canada.
- That season, he was selected 11th overall by the Medicine Hat Tigers in the WHL (Western Hockey League), a major junior ice hockey league based in Western Canada and the Northwestern United States. The WHL is one of three leagues that constitute the CHL (Canadian Hockey League), the highest level of junior hockey in Canada.
- He could play only 4 games that season but in the subsequent season (2019–20), Cole stood 4th among points for the Medicine Hat Tigers, accumulating 53 points (22 goals and 31 assists) in 48 appearances.
- In 2020, with the COVID-19 pandemic delaying the resumption of the WHL, the Medicine Hat Tigers agreed on a 1-year loan agreement that would see Cole represent the Sioux Falls Stampede in the USHL (United States Hockey League), the top junior ice hockey league sanctioned by USA Hockey, the national ice hockey organization in the United States.
- During the 2020–21 season, he stood 1st among points for the Sioux Falls Stampede, accumulating 46 points (24 goals and 22 assists) in 31 appearances. The performance earned him the 2021 ‘USHL Rookie of the Year’ award. The decision was made by a unanimous vote of league general managers. He was also selected to the ‘First All-USHL Rookie Team’ and the ‘All-USHL Third Team’.
- In March 2022, during a game against the Vegas Golden Knights, he recorded his first NHL career hat-trick.
- Cole began his NHL career with the Columbus Blue Jackets in the 2021-22 season. Coincidentally, his father Mike, then a professional ice hockey forward, was representing the same team at the time of Cole’s birth.
Featured Image by Cole Sillinger / Instagram