|Tate McRae Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 1, 2003|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tate McRae is an aspiring Canadian singer, actress, voice actress, YouTuber, and dancer who has led a successful and authentic career path since she was 6 years old. She went from winning several dance awards including the “Mini Best Dancer in NYC” at the Dance Awards in 2013 to competing at So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation in 2016. She is also an incredible singer and songwriter who has been acclaimed for the release of several hit tracks such as One Day (2017), Teenage Mind (2018), Shoulder to Shoulder (2018), Kids Are Alright (2019), Distant (2018), and Hung up on You (2017), Slip (2019). Undoubtedly, she has also mapped out the entertainment world, having lent her vocals to the character of Spot Splatter Splash in the animated show Lalaloopsy (2013-2014). That being said, Tate has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube, more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram, and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Tate attended dance lessons at the Professional Division of Alberta Ballet School and also practiced and competed with the YYC Dance Project.
She had also won herself a scholarship to attended a two-week intensive program at the Berlin State Ballet School.
Singer, Dancer, Voice Actress, Actress, YouTuber
- Father – Todd Rosner (Lawyer)
- Mother – Tanja Rosner (Dance Instructor)
- Siblings – Tucker McRae (Older Brother) (Hockey Player)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of half-Geman descent.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘Dark Brown’.
- Triangular face shape
- Heartshaped lips
- Lean tall physique
- Thick eyebrows
Tate has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- Miss Behave Girls
- Triple Flip
- Daniel Wellington
Best Known For
- Winning several dance awards such as The Dance Awards Nationals thrice and the NYCDA Award
- Competing on So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation (2016), where she won 3rd place
- Lending her voice to the character of Spot Splatter Splash in the animated show Lalaloopsy from 2013 to 2014
- Releasing various hit tracks like One Day (2017), Teenage Mind (2018), Hung Up on You (2017), Shoulder to Shoulder (2018), Slip (2019), and Distant (2018)
- Uploading original music releases, vlogs, and music covers to her eponymous YouTube channel that has more than 2 million subscribers
As a Singer
Tate has released several hit songs such as One Day (2017), Teenage Mind (2018), Hung Up on You (2017), Shoulder to Shoulder (2018), Slip (2019), and Distant (2018). Besides that, she has also released various other tracks like Kids Are Alright (2019), Drown (2018), I Miss You (2018), Can’t Get It Out (2018), Hard to Find (2017), and Hung Up On You (2017).
As a voice actress, Tate made her feature film debut as Spot Splatter Splash in Lalaloopsy Ponies: The Big Show in 2014.
Tate made her debut theatrical film appearance as an orphan in Annie in 2014. However, her role was uncredited.
First TV Show
As a voice actress, she made her TV show debut as Spot Splatter Splash in the animated series of Lalaloopsy in 2013.
She made her first TV show appearance as a contestant on Dancing with the Stars in 2014.
Tate has led a very active lifestyle as she has been dancing ever since she was just 6 years old. She spends at least 8 hours of her daily schedule indulging in dance classes. This, in turn, helps her burn calories faster and also contributes to her fit and healthy way of living.
Tate McRae Favorite Things
- Food – Brussels sprouts
- Sweet – Dark Chocolate
- Color In February 2018 – Black
- Subject – Maths, English
- Music Artist – Khalid, NF, Alessia Cara, Julia Michaels, Shawn Mendes
- Songs – Camila Cabello‘s Consequences (2018)
- Movies – The Greatest Showman (2017), La La Land (2016)
- Acting Role – Harmony in Lalaloopsy
- Store – Zara
Source – EverlyMag.com, YouTube
Tate McRae Facts
- She spent the first few years of her childhood in Calgary before moving to the Middle East for 3 years. After that, she returned to Canada and settled.
- Tate’s mother owned a dance studio in the past. She was also the one who encouraged Tate to pick dance as a career and taught her as well.
- One of the very first songs she ever wrote was titled Miss Popularity.
- By the time she was 6 years old, her parents had enrolled her into ballet dance lessons. At first, she did not seem to take an interest in it, even though she enjoyed performing. The reason behind it was not being able to bring herself to terms with being told what she had to do. Right about the same time, she had also started attending singing lessons and also began writing songs as well since then.
- At the age of 8, her mother took her to New York to show give her the push she required to build a passion for dance. True enough, it was there that she found her true love for the profession.
- Tate has won a number of dance competitions, some of which are the Calgary Rhythm Dance contest in 2013, the NYCDA Las Vegas and Pheonix “Mini Solos” in 2014. Inclusive of that, she has also been a proud receiver of the “National Mini”, “National Junior”, and the “National Teenage Best Dancer” award by The Dance Awards Nationals.
- She is highly skilled in the styles of ballet, jazz, Hip Hop, Pointe, contemporary, and ballroom dance. She has also done classical vocal training and attended improvisational lessons.
- Tate and her brother Tucker are quite competitive but on the other hand, they also support each other.
- Around the time Tate had auditioned for the So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation competition in 2016, her daily routine would begin with ballet lessons at the Alberta Ballet School from 8 am to 11:30 am, then she would attend an academic school from 12 pm to 5 pm. After that, she would train at the YYC Dance Project from 6 pm to 9:30 pm.
- During her audition at the So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation, American dancer, choreographer, singer, actress Paula Abdul was almost in tears after her performance. Paula also stated that “she was a gift of God”. Tate was given a ticket straight to the academy. Later, she went on to be choreographed by American actress and dancer Kathryn McCormick.
- In the past, she was chosen as the ambassador for Capezio and the Everly Mag.
- She started her YouTube channel in May 2011 to which she uploads videos of vlogs, music covers, and original track releases it. One of the first videos she posted to her channel was titled “7-year-old Singing/Songwriter”.
- Tate tends to forget things quite often and is partially an introvert as the only people she surrounds herself with are those who are honest and trustworthy. She also loves to spend her free time writing and being creative with her lyrics.
- She started off her singing career with the help of GarageBand making songs that did not have an appealing tone. However, she kept at it until she got better and then began performing at various local music festivals and competitions.
- Is she were to perform a dance duet with someone of her choice, she would pick either Chantel Aguirre or Travis Wall. On the other hand, her dream singing duet would be with Shawn Mendes, Alessia Cara, or Khalid.
- The 5 most important things in her life, to begin with, are family, following her passion, constant growth as an artist, surround herself with nothing but positive vibes, and last but not the least, remaining humble and kind.
- She enjoys listening to music by American singer and songwriter Khalid and rapper NF.
- Though Tate does not find the time to watch television, she truly appreciates cooking shows when she does get the chance.
- She enjoys watching films, that have a mix of singing, dancing, acting.
- Tate began her acting career while she fell in love with musical theatre. It was her outstanding dancing and singing ability that drew her into it showbiz. She also took part in the “Camp Rock The Musical” when she merely 8 years old.
- In the past, she voiced the character of Harmony in the Lalaloopsy‘s Nintendo DS game.
- She seeks inspiration from actor Angelina Jolie, Shay Mitchell, Zendaya Coleman, and Blake Lively.
- She has worked with some of the biggest dance stars in the industry such as Travis Wall, Will Lofts, Mandy Moore, and Blake McGrath who also happens to be a huge supporter as well.
- In the past, Tate worked as a part-time model as well for brands such as Schatzi, Capezio, Miss Behave Girls, TWear, and Triple Flip.
- Tate’s biggest dream as for 2018, was to either perform at a Grammy Award function or be cast in a film like The Greatest Showman (2017).
- Her entire family’s first name’s alphabet starts with a “T”.
- In the past, she used to attend rhythmic gymnastics training.
- She has nyctophobia.
- Tate was diagnosed with Asthma when she was a child.
- She has a dog named Theo.
- The most watched video on her channel was titled “I wrote a song… one day // Tate Mcrae”. As of July 2019, the video had more than 27 million views and more than 1.4 million likes.
- Visit her official website @ tatemcrae.com.
- Follow Tate on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, and YouTube.
Featured Image By Tate McRae / Instagram