Julia Carin Cavazos
Davenport, Iowa, United States
Due to her early introduction to the music industry, she didn’t have the time for school education, so was homeschooled. However, she did attend a charter school to get extra help for her studies.
- Father – Juan Manuel John Cavazos
- Mother – Julie Doreen
- Siblings – She has an older sister who is a singer.
- Others – Rolando Alejandro Cavazos Carmona (Paternal Grandfather), Ofelia García (Paternal Grandmother), Arthur Thomas Scriven Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Juanita Sue (Maternal Grandmother)
Julia Michaels is represented by Advanced Alternative Media.
Pop, dance, EDM
Vocals, piano, guitar
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
In her various interviews, she has revealed that her debut single Issues was inspired by the problems, she was having with her boyfriend. She had learned from her relationship that you have to work on a relationship and have to come back despite personal conflicts.
Good for You was written for her boyfriend as well.
However, in the interview, she declined to reveal the identity of her boyfriend.
Later, she was linked with –
- Ari Staprans Leff – Singer and record producer, Ari Staprans Leff aka Lauv and Julia are currently dating. They were speculated to be dating together after they sort of confirmed it on Twitter. They had also collaborated together on the song “There’s No Way” in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Julia is of Mexican, Spanish and some indigenous tribe on father’s side, whereas, has Dutch, English, French, German, Northern Irish and Scottish ancestry on mother’s side.
She has naturally ‘Dark Brown’ hair and dyed them ‘Blonde’.
- Wears nose ring
- Blonde tresses
34-26-35 in or 86-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
She hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Best Known For
- Having collaborated with leading celebrities such as Demi Lovato, Gwen Stefani, Justin Bieber, and Ed Sheeran.
- The popularity and critical acclaim received by her debut single, Issues.
As a Singer
Her debut single, Issues was released in January 2017. She released her second EP named Futuristic in April 2012.
First TV Show
In 2012, she made her first TV show appearance in the series Shameless as a performer.
Julia Michaels Facts
- Her mother bought her a baby piano when she was 11 years old by pawning her diamond ring.
- While growing up, she had no intentions of becoming an artist and was content with being a poet. After realizing the impact of music on individual lives, she started changing her poetry into songs.
- Before becoming a successful songwriter, she used to prepare pieces that were used as a background score for TV shows and commercials.
- She got her breakthrough after she wrote the theme song for the TV series, Austin and Ally.
- She performed with musician Kygo at the closing ceremony of the 2016 Rio Olympics.
- She has got inked on numerous occasions. She has a treble clef on one of the knuckles; a microphone, a piano, and quill on her arms and a typewriter on her right bicep.
- Listen to Julia on Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.