|Britney Spears Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||December 2, 1981|
Some people are born star and Britney Spears is a perfect example of it, an American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actress who rose to fame with …Baby One More Time and Oops!… I Did It Again. She was a performer right from her childhood, her first on-stage solo performance was at the age of 3 and 5 in her school’s annual functions. Even her first professional appearance happened at the age of 11, which was in 1992 in the musical Ruthless!.
Britney, surprisingly, started her career with rejections from three out of four labels to whom her lawyer Larry Rudolph had sent her audiotapes. Jive Records, with whom she had her first singing contract, recognized her talent and introduced her to the international world of music. She became an instant hit and was labeled as a teen idol, a bubblegum pop singer of the late 1990s and one of the most controversial and successful female vocalists of the 2000s. Spears has been given a number of prestigious nicknames, most notably the “Princess of Pop”.
Britney Jean Spears
Brit-Brit, Pinkey, The Princess Of Pop, Godney, The Pop Phenomenon, The Pop Legend, Pop Tart, Bit-Bit and Britney Pig
McComb, Mississippi, USA
Britney joined Parklane Academy, a private school in McComb, Mississippi in October 1994. She also attended ‘Professional Performing Arts School (PPAS)’ in New York City, New York, U.S.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Actress, Record Producer, Author, Fashion Designer, and Video Director
- Father – Jamie Spears
- Mother – Lynne Bridges Spears
- Siblings – Bryan James Spears (Older Brother), Jamie-Lynn Marie Spears (Younger Sister)
- Others – Alli Sims (Cousin) (Media Personality, Wedding Planner), Maltese (Maternal Great-Great-Grandfather)
Pop, dance, electropop
JIVE, RCA, Legacy Recordings
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Kevin Federline from October 6, 2004, to July 30, 2007. The couple has now divorced. Britney has 2 children from Kevin – Sean Preston and Jayden James.
Britney has dated –
- Justin Timberlake (1999-2002)
- Columbus Short (2003) – Britney dated choreographer and one of her backup dancers, Columbus Short, in 2003. Their relationship caused trouble in Columbus’ personal life as he was married at that time and his wife was 8 months pregnant when the affair sparked.
- Criss Angel (2007)
- John Cusack – Britney, supposedly, had a fling with actor John Cusack.
- Jason Trawick (2009-2013) (See Pic) – Jason Trawick was still working as Britney’s agent when the duo started dating in June 2009. After two and a half years of dating, they got engaged on December 15, 2011. This relationship saw an end on January 12, 2013.
- David Lucado (2013-2014) – American personality, Lucado started dating Spears in February 2013 as revealed by Us Magazine. They dated for nearly 18 months before splitting on August 27, 2014. David Lucado cheated on her so the pair parted ways.
- Charlie Ebersol (2014-2015) – From October 2014 to June 2015, Spears dated film producer Charlie Ebersol.
- Harry Morton (2015) – RUMOR
- Sam Asghari (2016-Present) – In November 2016, Britney started dating Sam Asghari. They were spotted on a dinner date at Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ in Los Angeles on December 17, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Britney has naturally “brown” hair, but dyed them “blonde” while starting her pop career.
- Lisp, breathless voice
- Shows off her body (midriff) while giving performances
35-27-35 in or 89-68.5-89 cm
Best Known For
Sultry image as a pop superstar
…Baby One More Time in 1999
2000 film Longshot as Flight Attendant. But, this was her cameo appearance.
She has launched her own edition of sunglasses named Shades of Britney.
Signed promotional deal with shoe company Skechers, Pepsi, clothing brand Candie’s (2009), was chosen the face of KENZO, a contemporary French luxury clothing house (2018).
Perfume brands – Hidden Fantasy, Believe, Fantasy, Midnight Fantasy – These 4 brands are Britney Spears Perfumes, Curious, In Control Curious, Circus Fantasy, Curious Heart, Radiance.
Tony Martinez used to help her with the exercises. Check her latest workout routine and diet plan.
Britney Spears Favorite Things
- Favorite Movies – Steel Magnolias(1989), Pretty Woman(1990)
- Favorite TV Programs – Sex And The City, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Favorite Bands – Outkast
- Favorite Books – The Horse Whisperer (Nicholas Evans)
- Favorite Accessories – Lip Gloss, Hair Ties
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Food – Pizza
- Favorite Drink – Sprite
- Favorite Sports – Basketball, Tennis, Golf
Britney Spears Facts
- Britney Spears has a pet dog named “London” of breed Yorkshire Terrier. In 2004, Britney bought a white Maltese dog and named it Lacy.
- Britney was selected No. 2 among the 100 sexiest women in FHM Magazine in 2001.
- She was an aerobics instructor at the gym, which her parents owned.
- Britney was ranked No.19 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 list in 2008.
- Madonna is her idol.
- Before becoming a successful pop singer, she used to work at a novelty shop.
- In 2001, she was offered by PETA to pose n*de for their anti-fur campaign ad. But, she turned down the offer.
- She is a big fan of Björk.
- Britney is more of a shy person off-stage, she once said that something happens to her on stage and she dances to her own music, more like an alter-ego type thing.
- In January 2007, Britney lost her close aunt Sandra Bridges Covington which came as a shock to her and she took drugs to fight her depression.
- Her anxiety drove her to shave off her head in February 2007, at a hair salon in Tarzana, with electric clippers.
- She lost custody of her children because of her mental illness in 2007.
- She was kept under the conservatorship of her father James Spears and attorney Andrew Wallet, giving them complete control of her assets.
- Her prolonged conservatorship rose doubt that she had been held against her will and her fans started #FreeBritney movement (April 2019) for her freedom.
- Britney’s name is actually an anagram of “Presbyterians.”
- After Mariah Carey, Britney became the second artist to appear in the Hot 100’s history to debut at #1 with two or more songs with “3” in 2009 and “Hold It Against Me” in 2011.
- Britney opened ‘The Britney Spears Foundation’ to help children in need. But, the foundation closed in 2011 (after operating for more than a decade) due to a lack of funds.
- Britney made a donation of $120,000 to the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation on October 24, 2015.
- Britney shares her birthday with Nelly Furtado, Gianni Versace, and Lucy Liu.
- In 2020, Britney filed a paper in the court to have her dad Jamie Spears removed from conservatorship. Later, Lance Bass also supported Britney in her conservatorship legal battle with father Jamie Spears.
- On her 39th birthday in December 2020, Britney released a song, Swimming In The Stars. This song was recorded earlier and was actually intended for Britney’s 2016 album Glory.
- In collaboration with the vocal group, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears released a new song Matches in December 2020.
- In December 2020, it was revealed that Sam Asghari, Britney’s then-boyfriend had tested positive for coronavirus.