|Lance Bass Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 4, 1979|
Lance Bass is an American dancer, actor, singer, author, and television producer who became very popular for his role as the bass singer on the American boyband NSYNC. Because the band grew very successful with their hit songs, most of the band members including Lance Bass were able to get into acting and they started their careers in film and television. Lance Bass has starred in various films including the 2001 movie On the Line where he acted alongside his fellow bandmate Joey Fatone. Other movies and television shows that he has acted in include Such Good People (2014), Review (2014), White Dwarf (2014), Gravity Falls (2012), Tropic Thunder (2008), Cursed (2005), and Zoolander (2001).
Lance Bass also has a production company known as Lance Bass Productions and also owns a music management company known as Free Lance Entertainment which is not a standalone company but shares profits with Mercury Records. He won the Golden Apple Award as “Male Discovery of the Year” in 2001 and won the Gridlock Award at the MTV TRL Awards in 2003. He has also been nominated for the Teen Choice Awards for his role in On the Line (2001).
James Lance Bass
Lansten, Scoop, LBeezy
Laurel, Mississippi, United States
Lance Bass attended Clinton High School in Clinton, Mississippi, United States
Singer, Dancer, Entertainer, Actor, Film Producer, Television Producer, Author, Gay Rights Activist
- Father – James Irvin Bass Jr. (Medical Technologist)
- Mother – Diane Pulliam Bass (Middle School Teacher)
- Siblings – Stacy Bass (Sister)
- Others – James Irvan Bass (Paternal Grandfather), Ann Windham (Paternal Grandmother)
Lance Bass is managed by –
- ICM Partners (Talent Agency), Los Angeles, California, United States
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (Talent Agency), Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Ken Sunshine Consultants, Inc., New York, United States
Vocals, Piano, Keyboards
- Jive Records
- Free Lance Entertainment
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Lance Bass has dated –
- Danielle Fishel (1999-2000) – Lance Bass started dating the young actress Danielle Fishel in 1999. Danielle Fishel was very committed in the relationship and had deep feelings for Lance. He ended the relationship in 2000. He continued to date women until he was 22 years old. She said that she knew Danielle was gay, a year or two after they broke up.
- Kristy Swanson (2001) – It was rumored that Lance Bass was in a relationship with actress Kristy Swanson in 2001. They were seen together on some occasions.
- Reichen Lehmkuhl (2006-2007) – Lance Bass began dating The Amazing Race winner Reichen Lehmkuhl in early 2006. It was a relationship that went viral and also led to Bass coming out to the public about his sexuality. They broke up in 2007.
- Pedro Andrade (2007) – A very short while after he ended his relationship with Reichen Lehmkuhl, Bass briefly dated a Brazilian model and LXTV host, Pedro Andrade in 2007.
- Ben Thigpen (2007-2008) – Lance started dating the New York-based hairdresser Ben Thigpen in 2007. Their relationship lasted for only 7 months as they broke up in 2008.
- Sebastian Leal (2008) – Lance started dating Brazilian personal trainer, Sebastian Leal in 2008. They broke up in the same year.
- Lorenzo Martone (2010) – Lorenzo Martone is a Brazillian entrepreneur in the fashion industry. Lance and Lorenzo dated only for a month, in June 2010.
- Michael Turchin (2012-Present) – Lance and actor Michael Turchin started dating in December 2011. They got engaged in 2013 in New Orleans after Bass proposed with a black diamond band. People say it’s adorable that he texted his future husband’s parents to ask for their permission first. Their families and friends were excited when they tied the knot in December 2014. They’ve been together since then.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Welsh, Scottish, and remote French descent.
Little facial hairs
Lance Bass has appeared in the TV commercials for brands such as –
- McDonald’s (2000)
- Target stores (2000)
- Budweiser (2001)
- Chili’s (2002)
- Freevibe.com (2002)
Best Known For
- Being the bass singer for the American pop boy band NSYNC
- Starring in the 2001 film On the Line, which was produced by his company, Bacon & Eggs
Lance Bass released his first album NSYNC with the band NSYNC on May 26, 1997.
Lance Bass made his theatrical film debut in the movie Zoolander in 2001.
First TV Show
Lance Bass made his first TV show appearance as Himself on ‘N Sync TV in 1998.
Lance Bass Favorite Things
- Color – Candy Apple Red, Royal Blue
- Food – French toast, Mexican
- Animal – Dogs
- Movie Stars – Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, Rosie O’Donnell, Lucille Ball
- Movie – Clue (1985), Armageddon (1998)
- Cartoon Character – Taz
- Holiday – Christmas
- Sport – Baseball
- TV Shows – I Love Lucy, Friends
- Drink – Dr. Pepper
- ‘N Sync Song – God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You
Lance Bass Facts
- He was recruited by Justin Timberlake who was a member of a boyband, to join the group NSYNC when the original band bass singer, Jason Galasso quit the group. He contacted Bass because of Justin’s vocal coach who had worked with Bass when he was a member of the group, Mississippi Show Stoppers.
- Lance has the fear of flight and gets very nervous whenever he boards a plane.
- Lance Bass was born at 1:20 PM CDT.
- He had a favorite pet, a dog named Lily that was killed in 2017 in his backyard by Coyotes. By the time the dog died, it had spent 8 years with Lance.
- He wrote a book Out of Sync: A Memoir which was released in October 2007.
- In the year 2000, Lance Bass started his own film production company known as Bacon & Eggs.
- Lance Bass was part of a singing group known as Attache. They sang in competitions.
- His singing career began when he was 11 years old. He was a chorister at the Clinton Community Choir in his hometown. He got a spot in the Mississippi Show Stoppers at the age of 12. This show was sponsored by the Agriculture and Forestry Museum and it was where he met the man that got him in NSYNC.
- Lance has always been interested in space missions. He wanted to join one of them but he was asked to leave because he was unable to generate the $20 million required to board the shuttle.
- In 2005, Lance Bass wrote a screenplay titled Imaginary Friends.
- Lance officiated the wedding of Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Cutter Dykstra in 2016.
- His bandmates called him ‘Scoop’ because he always knows many things about their itinerary. They also used to call him ‘Pez’ because of his big Adam’s apple.
- Lance Bass didn’t know how to dance before joining the NSYNC. He found their choreography routines very difficult to learn but he got through it by the encouragement of his bandmates and the manager who convinced the president of BMG’s German division that he would catch up with the others on his dancing.
- Lance Bass was still a minor when he got into NSYNC. His mother had to quit her job to join the group as a chaperone.
- Bass kept his company Free Lance Entertainment strictly as a family business. His parents and sisters are talent scouts and his childhood friend, Meredith Edwards became their first release.
- Visit his official website @ lancebass.com.
- Follow Lance Bass on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Sasha Kargaltsev / Flickr / CC BY-2.0