|Garth Brooks Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||February 7, 1962|
Garth Brooks is an American singer and songwriter who is widely regarded as one of the greatest musicians of all time and one of the world’s most commercially successful, having sold more than 170 million records. He was inducted into the ‘Songwriters Hall of Fame’ in 2011, the ‘Country Music Hall of Fame’ in 2012, and the ‘Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum’ in 2016.
Troyal Garth Brooks
G. Brooks, Chris Gaines
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
Garth, after his high school graduation, had earned a track scholarship to Oklahoma State University. He had graduated from there in 1984, with a degree in advertising. He had later completed his MBA from the same institution.
- Father – Troyal Raymond Brooks Jr. (Draftsman for an Oil Company) (d. 2010)
- Mother – Colleen McElroy Carroll (Singer) (d. 1999)
- Siblings – Kelly Brooks (Older Brother)
- Others – Troyal Raymond Brooks (Paternal Grandfather), Velma Glee Dickens (Paternal Grandmother), William Andrew McElroy (Maternal Grandfather), Nell Elizabeth Hedges (Maternal Grandmother), Jerome ‘Jerry’ Paul Smittle (Older Half-Brother) (d. 2006), Jim Smittle (Older Half-Brother), Mike Brooks (Older Half-Brother), Betsy Smittle (Older Half-Sister), Jack Howard Yearwood (Father-in-Law) (Banker), Gwendolyn Yearwood (Mother-in-Law) (School Teacher), Beth Bernard (Sister-in-Law) (Singer), Pat Mahl (Ex-Mother-in-Law), John Mahl (Ex-Father-in-Law), Debbie Mahl (Ex-Sister-in-Law)
Country, Country Pop, Country Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
- Capitol Records Nashville
- Liberty Records
- Pearl Records
- Big Machine Records
- RCA Nashville
- Gwendolyn Records
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Garth has dated –
- Sandy Mahl (1983–2001) – Garth began dating songwriter Sandy Mahl in 1983 and they got married on May 24, 1986. They had parted ways in March 1999 and had filed for divorce in November 2000 which was finalized in December 2001. They have 3 daughters together named Taylor Mayne Pearl Brooks (b. July 8, 1992), August Anna Brooks (b. May 3, 1994), and Allie Colleen Brooks (b. July 28, 1996). Through August, he has a granddaughter named Karalynn (b. July 2013).
- Trisha Yearwood (2000-Present) – He had started dating American country recording artist, actress, author, TV personality, and celebrity chef Trisha Yearwood in 2000 and the couple got married on December 10, 2005.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, some Irish, German, and French; and distant Finnish-Swedish descent.
- Stocky frame
- Affable smile
- Often sports a goatee or a beard
- Always makes an appearance in a cowboy hat
Garth Brooks Facts
- Garth’s parents often used to host weekly talent nights at their home in Yukon, Oklahoma, and all of his siblings would have to participate. This is how he had learned how to play the guitar and banjo.
- Although he used to sing casually in front of family and friends, his major focus in childhood was on athletics. He used to participate in football, baseball, and track and field events in high school.
- Ty England, who had played the guitar in Garth’s road band until 1995, was his roommate at the Oklahoma State University.
- As of December 2020, he was the only musical artist in history to have released 9 albums that had achieved ‘Diamond’ status in the United States, as per the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America).
Featured Image by Garth Brooks / Instagram