|Victoria Monét Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Victoria Monét is an American singer and songwriter. She became involved in performing arts at a very tender age by singing in the youth choir at her church and performing in a city dance team. Victoria also started writing and working with producer Rodney Jerkins (aka Darkchild). She was previously signed to Atlantic Records in 2014 where she released her debut EP Nightmares & Lullabies: Act 1 and in the following year, released her follow-up EP Nightmares & Lullabies: Act 2. Victoria has also written various songs for artists and groups such as Ariana Grande, Fifth Harmony, Nas, T.I., GOOD Music, Lupe Fiasco, Chrisette Michele, Coco Jones, Chris Brown, Diddy Dirty Money, Janelle Monáe, and Jasmine V.
Victoria Monét McCants
Georgia, United States
Victoria Monét’s education history is unknown, but she attended a Catholic school where she had her first onstage performance.
Victoria Monét is managed by Atom Factory (Booking Agent/Press Contact).
Pop, R&B, Hip hop
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
On December 5, 2020, Victoria publicly announced on Instagram that she was pregnant with her first child.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
She is of African, American, and French descent.
In 2018, she came out as bisexual.
- Curvy body shape
- Long thin nose
- High cheekbones
Best Known For
- Her long history of writing songs for other artists. In 2010, she helped write the song I Hate That You Love Me by Diddy Dirty Money and went on to co-write songs such as Be Alright, Let Me Love You and Thank U, Next by Ariana Grande; Memories Back Then by T.I., B.o.B, and Kendrick Lamar; Drunk Texting by Chris Brown; Everlasting Love, “Them Girls Be Like, Reflection, We Know, and No Way by Fifth Harmony.
- Serving as an opening act along with the British girl group “Little Mix” on the North American leg of the Dangerous Woman Tour by Ariana Grande
As a Singer
Victoria Monét released her first extended play (EP) Nightmares & Lullabies: Act 1 on October 30, 2014, under the Victoria Monét Music label.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Herself in an episode titled Coal Under Pressure in WWE Raw in 2015.
Victoria Monét Facts
- She was born in Georgia to an African American mother and a French father, and moved to Sacramento, California, as a child.
- On September 22, 2016, Ariana Grande announced on Twitter that Victoria Monét will serve as an opening act along with British girl group “Little Mix” on the North American leg of the Dangerous Woman Tour. Monét also supported Grande who is her best friend on the European leg of the tour alongside rapper Bia.
- She had her 1st onstage experience when she sang in her Catholic school holiday plays.
- Monet was also a member of the youth choir at her local church but it was her dance that made her feel she was going to become a performer.
- Victoria taught dancing at 2 different studios while she rehearsed with a local dance group, Boogie Monstarz, at Step One Dance Studios in Sacramento. During this period, she was also working at a local bank.
- She began exchanging poetry with an older cousin and found a new passion. This made her realize her talent in writing her own music.
- Monét joined the girl group, Fifth Harmony, on the North American leg of the 7/27 Tour, which began on July 25, 2016, as an opening act along with pop singer JoJo. Monét released her single Do You Like It on July 26, 2016.
- After the 2016 Orlando nightclub shooting, the death of Christina Grimmie, the shootings of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, and the Dallas Police shooting, Victoria Monét released “Better Days” with her best friend, Ariana Grande.
- She has a long history of writing songs for other artists.
- Monét came out as bisexual in November 2018 through her Twitter account by referencing the song Chanel by Frank Ocean which is also about Ocean’s own sexuality.
- While she was very young, she had been educating herself on the production world, learning about producers and also making music at a local recording studio. She learned about Rodney Jerkins and later added him on MySpace. Not so long after, he invited her to come to Los Angeles and audition for a new girl group he was forming, Purple Reign. The girl group landed a record deal with Motown a year later. They were eventually dropped from the label.
- Victoria has done a featured single in 2015. The song was titled A Little More by Machine Gun Kelly.
- Like every other artist, Victoria Monet says that she dreams to work with some of the greatest musicians alive, including Sade Adu, Beyoncé, Janet Jackson, Babyface, Smokey Robinson, and Timbaland. While she might never get the opportunity to work with them, she would appreciate it if she could sit in on a studio session or a rehearsal and see the process firsthand.
- She was once performing so hard that she chipped her tooth on the microphone. For the rest of the show, she claims she was afraid to smile because she wasn’t sure how much of her tooth was gone. On the last song of the show, she said, “eff it” and smiled real big and thanked the audience. She calls it a commitment to her art.
- Victoria maintains her confidence on and off-stage by avoiding comparison. With her large following on social media, she tells people that it is very easy to get caught up in comparing what they have versus what you do or don’t have.
- Earlier in her life, she moved to Los Angeles by herself as a young woman and was sleeping on friends’ floors and couches. She was dropped from two labels, had no management, dealt with online bullying, had to finance her own videos and tours, and struggled with being a black woman in the entertainment industry.
- Her EP Life After Love Pt. 1 was written after an unfortunate breakup she had with someone that she loved very much. They were together for 6 years. He was someone she worked with, lived with, and even shared a birthday with. She believed they were soulmates and that she couldn’t live without him. Her album says otherwise.
Featured Image by Victoria Monét / Instagram