|Timbaland Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1972|
Timbaland is an American singer, rapper, and record producer known for releasing popular songs and for being the founder of the record label, Mosley Music Group. He has collaborated with popular artists and has released songs like Keep It Real, Can’t Nobody, and The Way I Are. He has done endorsement work for numerous brands and has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than 5 million followers on Facebook.
Timothy Zachary Mosley
Timbaland, DJ Timmy T, DJ Timmy Tim, Timar, Timbo, Thomas Crown, Tim ‘Timbaland’ Mosley, Tim Mosley
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Timbaland attended Salem High School of Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Record Producer, Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, DJ, Entrepreneur
- Father – Garland Mosley (Amtrak Employee)
- Mother – Latrice Mosley (Ran a homeless shelter)
- Siblings – Sebastian Mosley (Younger Brother), Courtney Rashon (Sister) (Makeup Artist, Author)
Timbaland is managed by –
- Gary Marella, General Manager, Mono Music Group, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Greg Cortez and Stephanie Durning, 42West, Talent Agency, New York City, New York, United States
- Kenny Meiselas, Legal Representative, Grubman Shire & Meiselas, New York City, New York, United States
Hip Hop, R&B, Pop
Vocals, Drum machine, Keyboard, Synthesizer, Sampler, Beat-boxing
- Blackground Records
- Atlantic Records
- Virgin Records
- Beat Club
- Universal Records
- Interscope Records
- Roc Nation
- Epic Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Timbaland has dated –
- Karrine Steffans (2003) – In 2003, Timbaland was in a relationship with author Karrine Steffans.
- Monique Idlett – On June 10, 2008, Timbaland married his publicist girlfriend Monique Idlett. They had a formal wedding ceremony in Aruba on June 22, 2008, for approximately 300 guests. The couple has a daughter named Reign Mosley (b. November 2007), and sons Demetrius Idlett and Frankie Idlett from Monique’s earlier marriage. However, things did not work out between the couple as Monique filed for divorce in 2014, which was finalized in 2015.
- Michelle Dennis – Timbaland is reportedly in a relationship with Michelle Dennis. In early 2017, Timbaland was spotted having a quality time with daughter Reign and Michelle at the beach. Michelle seemed to be getting along well with Reign.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American ancestry.
- Short shaved hairstyle
- French beard
- Arched eyebrows
Timbaland has appeared in a commercial for ‘Magna Carta Holy Grail’ Samsung Galaxy with Jay-Z.
As a record producer, he has contributed in the following commercials –
- Styles P and AND1 Commercial “KG21” (2001)
- Joe Boxer commercial “There’s More To Life Than Underwear” feat. Jimmy, Jenny & Raje Shwari (2003)
- MINI Cooper Countryman (2011)
- Castle Lite Beer (2014)
- Stage Light (2014)
- NBA Playoff “Every Second Count” (2016)
Best Known For
- Producing and writing many hit songs in collaboration with various popular artists including Aaliyah, Missy Elliott, Justin Timberlake, Jay-Z, Nas, Ludacris, Bubba Sparxxx, Madonna, Rihanna, OneRepublic, Brandy, Drake, Rick Ross, and many more
- Contributing as a rapper and releasing several albums. His album Shock Value released on April 3, 2007, was commercially a huge success and debuted at number 5 on the US Billboard 200 chart earning both ‘Platinum’ and ‘Gold’ certifications from various music industries.
On November 24, 1998, Timbaland released his debut album Tim’s Bio: Life from da Bassment under the labels Blackground Records LLC and Atlantic Recording Corporation.
He is yet to make a debut in a theatrical film.
First TV Show
In 2002, he made his first TV show appearance on 106 & Park Top 10 Live.
Timbaland was heavy and weighed over 300 pounds, and was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in 2004. His personal trainer, Garcia chalked out a workout routine that included cardio and weight training preferably 2 times per day for 5 days a week. His initial workout sessions were of lower intensity for a longer duration on the treadmill.
As he began losing weight, his running speed increased. He could run at 9 miles per hour for 60 minutes. While on weight training, Timbaland followed an alternate workout pattern for 5 days transiting between heavy and light training. Heavy training day included heavy movements with heavier equipment with 4 repetitions, while, light training days meant 15 repetitions and working on cable and isolation exercises.
As for his diet, he was put on 5 portion meals to be taken within 3 hours gap per day. His diet included a balance of 50% protein, 30% carbohydrates, and 20% fats. His main source of carbs was oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes, green vegetables, and fresh fruit. Healthy fats were obtained from omega-3 rich foods like almonds and salmon. At the end of 6 weeks, he lost 130 pounds and gained a toned body.
Timbaland Favorite Things
His favorite things are unknown.
- Timbaland’s friendship with rapper Melvin (Magoo) Barcliff began way back from high school.
- He was a part of the music group ‘Surrounded By Idiots’ or S.B.I. which also included Magoo and Pharrell.
- He is a childhood friend of Missy Elliott.
- In 1986, he became partially paralyzed in his left arm for 9 months after a co-worker at Red Lobster restaurant shot him accidentally while delivering a gun to another kitchen employee.
- He went into depression after the sudden death of singer Aaliyah in 2001 and shut himself from the world of music.
- He has won several Grammy Awards including Grammy for “Best R&B Song” for the song “Drunk in Love” in 2015 and Grammy for “Best R&B Song” for the song “Pusher Love Girl” in 2014.
- In 2006, he founded the record label company Mosley Music Group.
- Visit his official website @ timbaland.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube VEVO.
Featured Image by Timbaland / Instagram