Shawn Corey Carter
S-dot, Young Hov, Jazzy (or Jay-Z), Hova, Jigga, J-Hova, Jiggaman, Iceberg Slim, Lucky Lefty, Joe Camel, Hov
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
Tribeca, New York, U.S.
Shawn Corey Carter attended Eli Whitney High School in Brooklyn. Post that, he went to George Westinghouse Career and Technical Education High School in Downtown Brooklyn. Finally, Corey enrolled himself into Trenton Central High School in Trenton, New Jersey. But, he did not graduate from that school.
Rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, record executive, entrepreneur
- Father – Adnes Reeves
- Mother – Gloria Carter
- Siblings – Eric Carter (Older Brother), Michelle Carter (Sister), Andrea Carter (Sister)
Def Jam, Roc-A-Fella, Roc Nation
6 ft 1½ in or 187 cm
85 kg or 187.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jay-Z dated –
- Carmen Bryan (1996) – In 1996, Jay-Z dated American personality, Carmen Bryan.
- Lil’ Kim (1998-2000) – From 1998 to 2000, the two rappers were romantically linked to each other. Lil’ Kim is more than 1 feet shorter than Jay-Z. She stands 4 ft 11 in.
- Charlie Baltimore (1999) – In 1999, Jay-Z was RUMORed to have had a fling with Charlie.
- Foxy Brown – Jay-Z was rumored to be dating rapper Foxy Brown in the past.
- Aaliyah (1999) – Jay-Z had a short relationship with singer Aaliyah in 1999. She died two years later, after that.
- Rosario Dawson (2000) – He had a fling with actress Rosario Dawson in 2000.
- Shenelle Scott (2000-2001) – Jay-Z met Trinidadian and Tobagonian glamour model during Big Pimpin video shoot in 2000. They dated for a year from 2000 to 2001. It is assumed that he is the father of Shenelle’s child, Isa Jael.
- Blu Cantrell (2001) – The two singers were romantically linked to each other in 2001.
- Beyoncé Knowles (2002-Present) – American singer Beyonce after, many years of dating with Jay-Z married him. They first met each other when they were on a tour in 2002 and soon they started dating. The duo, then engaged in May 2005 and married on April 4, 2008, secretly in New York City. Beyonce gave birth to couple’s first child, a daughter – Blue Ivy Carter (born – January 7, 2012). Later, on June 13, 2017, the couple welcomed twins Rumi Carter (daughter) and Sir Carter (son). Rumi is older than Sir.
- Rachel Roy (2014) – In 2014, Jay-Z was rumored to have hooked up with fashion designer Rachel Roy before the Met Gala.
Race / Ethnicity
- Multi-talented personality
- Broad nose
Budweiser Select, American Red Cross, Reebok (2005), Hewlett-Packard (2006), Ace of Spades, etc.
Best Known For
His various albums such as The Blueprint 3 (2009), Vol. 3… Life and Times of S. Carter (1999), In My Lifetime, Vol. 1 (1997) and others.
Jay-Z released his debut album Reasonable Doubt on June 25, 1996 in USA via Roc-A-Fella records. It charted at #23 in USA. It got the certification of Platinum in America.
Jay-Z sold 1,514,000 copies of the album in U.S.
Jay-Z starred in his debut film Streets Is Watching. The musical film, which is written by Jay-Z himself was released in 1998.
For Grammys 2014, Beyonce and Jay Z did the workout together, which mainly involved dance moves to shed off pounds. No doubt, there were running sessions and other exercises too.
Marco Borges is the man behind their amazing bodies. He made Jay-Z to eat the vegan diet to prepare for the music show, Grammys 2014.
Check out his workout routine and diet plan.
Jay-Z Favorite Things
- Album (Personal) – Reasonable Doubt
- Britney Spears Song – Toxic
- Michael Jackson Song – Human Nature
- Movies – Cliche (2003), Godfather II (1974), True Romance (1993)
- Cereal – Cap’n Crunch
- Pasta – Linguine with clam
- Jay-Z owns a record label company “Roc Nation”.
- His father left the family when Jay-Z was very young. So, he is primarily raised by his mother.
- In 1982 (when Jay-Z was 12), he shot his older brother in the shoulder for stealing his jewelry.
- Via his music, Jay-Z revealed that he had been involved in selling crack cocaine in the past.
- He received the nickname Jazzy in his childhood. It gradually turned into Jay-Z. On July 18, 2013, he dropped the hyphen in Jay-Z and now wants to be known as Jay Z.
- He does not like puns.
- He had a great interest in music since childhood and due to that reason, her mother bought him a boom box for his birthday.
- He is the co-owner of his clothing line Rocawear. He also owns a sports bar called 40/40 Club.
- Jaz-O is his musical mentor and that is why Jay-Z adopted the stage name as Jay-Z.
- Jay-Z started his own blog like lifestyle website in April 2011, which covers a wide variety of topics. Visit his official website @ lifeandtimes.com. (Connect with it via Facebook and Twitter)
- Hear more from Jay-Z via Twitter and Facebook.