|Dr. Dre Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||February 18, 1965|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dr. Dre is an American rapper, songwriter, record producer, audio engineer, record executive, and entrepreneur who is the founder and CEO of Aftermath Entertainment and Beats Electronics and was previously co-owner of Death Row Records. Throughout his career, he has worked with an array of distinguished artists which include 50 Cent, Eminem, World Class Wreckin’ Cru, The Game, Snoop Dogg, Tha Dogg Pound, Warren G, Kendrick Lamar, Tupac Shakur, Xzibit, Anderson Paak, and Nate Dogg. He has been an important figure associated with West Coast G-funk and was ranked at number #56 on Rolling Stone‘s list of “100 Greatest Artists of All Time”. Apart from his artistic achievements, he has also received media attention for his violence against women.
Andre Romelle Young
Dre, Dr. Dre
Compton, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dr. Dre went to Vanguard Junior High School, but because of his violent behavior, he was moved to Roosevelt Junior High School.
Andre also attended Centennial High School and Fremont High School in South Carolina, Los Angeles.
He hasn’t been a part of any college program, and he hasn’t achieved any University degree.
Record Producer, Rapper, Songwriter, Entrepreneur, Audio Engineer
- Father – Theodore Young
- Mother – Verna Young
- Siblings – Jerome Crayon (Step-Brother) (Deceased), Tyree Crayon (Step-Brother) (Deceased), Warren G (Step-Brother) (Rapper, Songwriter, Record Producer, DJ), Shameka Crayon (Step-Sister)
- Other – Warren Griffin (Stepfather)
Doctor Dre has been signed to Interscope Records since 1992.
Hip hop, Rap, Gangsta Rap, G-funk
Vocals, Synthesizer, Drums, Sampler, Turntables, Pro Tools, Keyboards, Drum Machine
Kru-Cut Records (1984-1986), Ruthless Records (1986-1991), Priority Records (1988-1991), Death Row Records (1991-1996), Interscope Records (1992-Present), Aftermath Entertainment (1996-Present)
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
108 kg or 238 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andre has dated –
- Cassandra Joy Green (1980-1983) – Doctor Dre started dating Cassandra back in 1980. The couple stayed together for almost 3 years before they split up in 1983. Andre and Green have one son Curtis, who is also a rapper and is known by the nickname “Hood Surgeon.”
- Lisa Johnson – Dr. Dre had a relationship with 15-year-old Lisa Johnson. From this, they had 3 daughters, including La Tanya Danielle Young (b. 1983).
- Clara Moroni (1982-1984) – He was romantically involved with Italian personality Clara Moroni between 1982 and 1984.
- Jenita Porter (1987-1988) – Dre started dating Jenita back in 1987 and briefly after that they parted ways in 1988. They have had one son named Andre Young Jr, born on August 23, 1988. However, Andre died at the age of 20 on August 23, 2008, due to an overdose of heroin and morphine.
- Michel’le Toussaint (1990-1996) – Back in 1990, Dr. Dre started dating an American singer Michel’le Toussaint. They had been in a relationship for 6 years, but eventually, they broke up in 1996. Dre has one son with Michel’le and his name is Marcel (b. 1991).
- Nicole Young (1996-2020) – Dre was married to Nicole, who is the ex-wife of the NBA player Sedale Threatt. They both started dating back in 1996, and briefly after that, in May, they got married. Andre has had two children with Nicole, one daughter Truly (born in 2001) and one son Truice (born in 1997). In June 2020, Nicole applied for divorce from Dr. Dre. She demanded $1,936,399 a month of temporary spousal support and $5 million in lawyer fees. In June 2021, he was legally declared single in the middle of a divorce battle with Nicole. It was later revealed in July 2021 that the court had ordered Dre to pay $293,306 each month in spousal support to Nicole and in September 2021, he was also ordered to pay the attorney fees for his ex-wife. In December 2021, it was reported that their divorce had been finalized. Nicole reportedly received $100 million as a divorce settlement.
- Karrine Steffans (2000) – He had an affair with author Karrine Steffans in June 2000.
Race / Ethnicity
Dr. Dre is of African-American descent.
- Unique music style
- Great texts
- Great athletic body
- Big-mouth and shiny smile
- His work ethic
His shoe size is 10.5 (US) or 44.5 (EU) or 9.5 (UK).
He has appeared in TV commercials for Coors Light (2002), Dr Pepper (2009), St. Ides, Chrysler 300S, and others.
Best Known For
- He has been considered one of the best hip-hop producers and rappers of all time.
- He is also responsible for popularizing the West Coast – G-Funk. Dre was ranked second-richest hip hop rapper and producer on the Forbes list in 2014.
His first album was The Chronic and it was released in 1992.
For the first time, Dre appeared in a movie scene back in 1996 in the movie Set it Off where he played the character of Black Sam. It was a minor role.
Dr. Dre’s workout consists of both body weight and free weight exercises. He said that combining different types of training and exercises helped him to get to this point, where he looks like a monster in each and every shirt. Let’s mention the exercises that Dr. Dre implements in his body training.
Squats – Dre said that he loves doing squats because it activates all muscles of his body, and also because it’s especially good for developing massive legs.
“I love great sculpted legs”
– said Doctor Dre in one of his interviews given to Bodybuilding.com
Deadlift – Deadlift is the second exercise that Dre does when he works his Back.
It’s no wonder why he has back as a big mountain, the deadlifts are the real deal.
Pull-ups – There’s no better exercise for the upper body than the well-known Pull-ups.
Actually, Dre does weighted pull-ups because he’s an advanced level trainee.
Weighted Dips – Besides weighted pull-ups, Dr. Dre does weighted dips too.
By doing weighted dips, Dre targets the Shoulders, Triceps and Chest.
Biceps Curl – Dre does Biceps curls on a regular basis, that’s why his guns (arms) are always in great shape.
Bench Press – Andre is known for his big upper body, and the chest is one of the best-developed body parts of his body. The reason for that lies in doing lots of bench press training with lower reps and a higher amount of weight on the barbell.
Andre suggests that these exercises should be implemented in each and every muscle building program because that will provide the best possible results. Repetitions and series depend upon you, but it is suggested that each exercise should be done for no more than 4 sets of 6 to 12 repetitions.
Dr. Dre Favorite Things
- Rappers – Jay-Z
Source – Hiphop-n-more
Dr. Dre Facts
- Dre got his middle name Romelle, from the band, his father Theodore was a part of.
- His mother, Verna remarried several times.
- Verna was a part of the music group the Four Aces.
- In 1984, after he received a music mixer for his birthday, he turned his house into a music studio.
- His work ethic is considered sickening.
- He has his own label Aftermath Entertainment.
- In 1991, Andre faced assault charges for attacking the TV host Dee Barnes as he assaulted her on January 27, 1991, at a music industry party at the Po Na Na Souk club in Hollywood. He was fined $2,500, given two years’ probation, ordered to undergo 240 hours of community service, and given a spot on an anti-violence public service announcement on television.
- In 1992, Dre faced one more assault charge because he attacked the producer Damon Thomas.
- In 1995, he remained in jail for a couple of months because of some lawbreaking charges against him.
- Dre won an MTV Music Video Award in 1995 for the song Keep Their Heads Ringin.
- Dre didn’t meet his first son Curtis until Curtis was 20 years old.
- In 2001, Dre discovered the underground MC and the well-known rapper Eminem.
- He created his music company Beats By Dre.
- He has done voice roles in video games like 50 Cent: Bulletproof and Grand Theft Auto: Online.
- He was ranked at number 7 on the VH1’s greatest 50 Hip-Hop Artists of all time.
- In 2014, he became an employee of Apple Inc.
- His son Andre Romelle Young Junior passed away in 2008.
- In 2014, Dr. Dre bought a new home in Brentwood, Los Angeles for $40 million from Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen.
- In 2001, he earned a total of US$52 million and hence, became the second-highest earning artist of that year as per Rolling Stone magazine.
- In December 2020, La Tanya Danielle Young, eldest daughter of Dr. Dre expressed her feelings that she had not met her father in the last 17 years.
- In January 2021, he was hospitalized for 2 weeks at the Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles due to a brain aneurysm. While he was hospitalized, it was reported that 4 men were arrested who were trying to break into his house after they saw the news that he was in the hospital.