|Gisele Bundchen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 20, 1980|
Gisele Bundchen is a Brazilian model, actress, activist, businesswoman, producer, and voiceover artist who has been one of the highest-paid supermodels in the world and became the 16th richest woman in the entertainment industry in 2007. She has graced the covers of more than 1,200 magazines including W, Allure, GQ, Forbes, Marie Claire, TIME, Vanity Fair, and Esquire, and had signed Victoria’s Secret‘s biggest contract to date. In 2006, she appeared as Serena in the American comedy-drama film, The Devil Wears Prada, starring Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. Moreover, Gisele Bundchen has served as a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Environment Program.
Gisele Caroline Bündchen
Gise, The Body, The Midas Queen, The Hurricane Gisele, La Bundchen
Horizontina, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Like other Brazilian models, she also didn’t pay much attention to studying. She just learned the German language but has not kept up with it. Instead in 1993 (when she was 13), she joined a modeling course with 2 of her sisters. Like Adriana Lima, Gisele Bündchen was discovered in a shopping mall. But, Gisele was discovered by the Elite Modeling Agency. From there, her modeling career started and went rapidly.
Fashion/Runway Model, Occasional Actress, Businesswoman, Activist, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Valdir Bündchen (University Teacher and Writer)
- Mother – Vânia Nonnenmacher (Bank Clerk Pensioner)
- Siblings – Raquel (Sister), Graziela (Sister), Gabriela (Sister), Rafaela (Sister), Patrícia (Younger Fraternal Twin Sister)
- Others – Walter Bündchen (Paternal Grandfather), Lucila Luckemeyer/Lückmeyer (Paternal Grandmother), João Theobaldo Nonnenmacher (Maternal Grandfather), Maria Kolling (Maternal Grandmother)
- Option Model Agency – Zurich
- Model Management – Hamburg
- 2pm Model Management – Copenhagen
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
In February 2021, it was reported that Gisele was leaving IMG Models after 22 years of representation with them. Instead, she would be represented by her twin sister Patricia.
She has also been signed with Jonesworks, Inc., Public Relations Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gisele Bündchen dated –
- Vikram Chatwal – It was RUMORed that she was romantically involved with hotelier and actor Vikram Chatwal in the past.
- Scott Barnhill (1998-1999) – She had a short-termed romance with model Scott Barnhill between 1998 and 1999.
- Rodrigo Santoro (1999) – There were RUMORs that she had an encounter with Brazilian actor and voice actor Rodrigo Santoro in 1999.
- Joao Paulo Diniz (1999-2000) – Gisele Bündchen once dated businessman Joao Paulo Diniz from 1999 to 2000. Actually, Gisele was featured on the cover page of Vogue magazine for 3 consecutive months from November 1999 to January 2000. She had also won the VH1 “Vogue Model of the Year Award 1999”.
- Leonardo DiCaprio (2000-2005) – American Actor Leonardo DiCaprio and Gisele were in a relationship from 2000 until 2005. This was an ON again-OFF again kind of relationship. Hence in 2005, the relationship ended as Gisele eventually got tired of Leonardo’s party boy habits. In 2004, Bündchen and DiCaprio also made People magazine’s Annual Most Beautiful Couple List.
- Ricardo Mansur (2002) – She dated Brazilian personality Ricardo Mansur in the year 2002.
- Kelly Slater (2005-2006) – Gisele Bündchen had a fling with American professional surfer Kelly (Don’t worry! Kelly is a man) from 2005 till early 2006.
- Chris Evans (2006) – Supermodel Gisele Bündchen and American actor Chris Evans (best known for his role as Johnny Storm / Human Torch in Fantastic Four) dated for a short time in 2006.
- Tom Brady (December 2006-2022) – NFL superstar Tom Brady started dating Bündchen in December 2006 and the couple tied the knot on February 26, 2009, in a small Catholic ceremony at St. Monica Catholic Church in Santa Monica, California, United States. A month later, the couple remarried on April 5, 2009, in a larger ceremony in Costa Rica, United States. The couple has 2 children – son Benjamin Rein Brady (b. December 8, 2009) and daughter Vivian Lake (b. December 2012). In September 2022, it was reported that they were having troubles in their marriage and they weren’t living together. In October 2022, the couple revealed that they had separated and had finalized their divorce after 13 years of marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
She has German ancestry due to her parents.
- Tall stature
- Beautiful hair
35-23-35 in or 89-58.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
1-2-3, Alexander McQueen, Alphorria, American Express, Andréa Saletto, Apple Computer, Aquascutum, Atelier Versace, Balenciaga, Bebe, Blackglama, Bvlgari, C&A, Cacharel, Cacharel ‘Liberté’ fragrance, Caderbras & Risqué-Niase, Calzedonia, Carolina Herrera bridal collection, Celine, Chloé, Christian Dior, Cia Marítima, Colcci, Cori, Credicard, Dakota, Daslu, Disney Parks, Dolce & Gabbana, DSquared2, Earl Jeans, Ebel, El Corte Inglés, Esprit, Exposição, Fabricatto, Fashion Targets Breast Cancer, Gianfranco Ferré, Forum, Fruit, Giorgio Armani, Givenchy, Giz, Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, Got milk?, Guerlain, H&M, Indivi, Intelig, Ipanema, Isabel Marant, Jasmine Bridal Wear, Jean Paul Gaultier, Joop!, Joop! Jeans, Karl Lagerfeld, Krishna, L’Oréal, Lancôme, Lanvin ‘Oxygène’ & ‘Oxygène Homme’ fragrances, Lenny, Les Filós, Lita Molinari, Loewe, Louis Vuitton, London Fog, Lux, Lycra, M. Officer, Max Factor, Melissa, Mercearia & Oppidum, Mervyn’s, Michael Kors, Milady, Milk, Missoni, More Majorum, Multiplan, Nivea, Nocturna, Otto, Pantene, Patachou, Polo Jeans Co, Polo Ralph Lauren, Pop Love, Phuket, Ralph Lauren, Red, Rede Shopping Multiplan, Renner, Roberto Cavalli, Robyn, Rossel, Stefanel, Stiefelkonig, St. John, Strenesse, Suflair, Triton, Triumph, True Religion, Tug, Vakko, Valentino, Valentino Couture, Valirese & Liz, Vero Moda, Versace,Versace Jeans, Victoria’s Secret, Victoria’s Secret ‘Breathless’, Dream Angels Divine, Dream Angels Halo, Dream Angels Heavenly, Pink, Very sexy for her, Very sexy for her2, Very sexy for him & Very sexy for him2 fragrances, Vivara Jewelry, Vivo, Vogue Eyewear, Yves Saint Laurent, Zara, Zoomp
Best Known For
Being World’s highest-paid model, according to a survey by Forbes magazine in the year 2012. She earned $45 million from May 2011 to May 2012.
First Fashion Show
Gisele debuted with Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 1997 Fashion Show where she walked the ramp for Alexander McQueen, Emporio Armani, Dolce & Gabbana, and Giorgio Armani.
2004 American film Taxi (Taxi is a remake of 1998 film of the same name) for her role as Vanessa (the bank robbers’ leader). Bündchen also played a minor role in the 2006 comedy film The Devil Wears Prada.
First TV Show
In 1999, Gisele presented the MTV Music Video Awards 1999. Though, she has also appeared in the Late Show with David Letterman (60 minutes comedy and talk show) on November 20, 2000.
Gisele Bündchen does martial arts, particularly, Tai Chi and Kung Fu. Yao Li is her martial arts guru from Boston Kung Fu Tai Chi Institute. Besides this, she also does her all-time favorite workout – Anusara Yoga.
She is athletic from childhood. She grew up playing volleyball, gymnastics, cycling and other extracurricular activities.
Gisele Bündchen Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Cheeseburger, Meat, Coco Juice
- Favorite Eye Product – Dr. Alkaitis Organic Eye Creme, Benefit Miss Popularity (Highlighter), Max Factor 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper (for Eyelashes)
- Favorite Workout – Anusara Yoga
- Favorite Hair Product – Kerastase’s Greenline
- Favorite Lips Product – La Mer Lip Balm
- Favorite Beauty Products – Cle De Peau La Creme (to keep the skin hydrated), The Multiple by NARS (to give a peachy and dewy look)
- Favorite Perfume – Dolce & Gabbana The One
- Favorite People – Lauren Hutton (American Model and Actress)
Gisele Bündchen Facts
- Gisele Bündchen is the first Brazilian model to find international success.
- In 2000, Gisele was dubbed “Boobs from Brazil” to inspire the 36,000 breast enhancement surgeries performed that year in Brazil.
- She has 5 sisters – Raquel, Graziela, Gabriela, Rafaela and Patrícia.
- By 2004, Bündchen had become the highest-paid model in the world, according to a survey by Forbes magazine.
- For a minor role in the 2006 film “The Devils Wears Prada”, she was given $350,000.
- Gisele once said “To be a model is to be half actress. In reality, I am a normal adolescent.”
- Gisele knows and speaks many languages such as Spanish, English, Italian, and Portuguese (native language).
- She has also studied German in school.
- She loves horses very much.
- After the Brazilian clothing C&A hired Bündchen for TV commercials, their sales increased between 30 and 40%.
- Bündchen’s nude black and white photograph was auctioned for US$1,93,000 on April 11, 2008.
- A homeless man named Zanini Cineus broke into her and Tom’s house in December 2020. He was later arrested by the cops under numerous criminal charges such as breaking and entering as well as trespassing.
- Gisele and Tom Brady sold their New York City-based apartment in the Tribeca-neighborhood for $36.8 million to a trust-based in New Haven, Connecticut in January 2021. The apartment had a huge 1900 square foot outdoor terrace with 5 bedrooms.
- In February 2022, Gisele purchased a 1,540 square feet house in Miami for $1.25 million.
- In November 2022, it was revealed that Gisele had purchased a 6,600-square-foot house in Miami Beach for $11.5 million.