|Anne Hathaway Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 12, 1982|
Anne Hathaway is an American actress, voiceover artist, stage artist, and producer who is best known for her performances in movies such as Les Misérables, The Princess Diaries, Rachel Getting Married, The Devil Wears Prada, Becoming Jane, Bride Wars, Alice in Wonderland, The Dark Knight Rises, Interstellar, Brokeback Mountain, Love & Other Drugs, and The Intern. With her stellar performances, she became one of the highest-paid actresses in the world in 2015 and was also included in the Los Angeles Times Magazine list of the “50 Most Beautiful Women in Film” in 2011.
Anne Jacqueline Hathaway
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Upper West Side, Manhattan, New York, United States
She completed her schooling at Brooklyn Heights Montessori School and Wyoming Elementary School in Millburn. She graduated from Millburn High School. Later, she majored in English and minored in Women’s Studies at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York.
After that, Anne enrolled herself into New York University’s Gallatin School of Individualized Study. Finally, she attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Stage Artist, Producer
- Father – Gerald Thomas Hathaway (Lawyer)
- Mother – Kathleen Ann “Kate” (née McCauley) (Former Actress)
- Siblings – Michael (Older Brother), Thomas (Younger Brother)
- Others – Robert Earnest/Ernest Hathaway (Paternal Grandfather), Jacqueline Anne Hughes (Paternal Grandmother), Joseph Daniel “Joe” McCauley (Maternal Grandfather), Roseline/Rosalina Marie Sinnott/Sennott (Maternal Grandmother)
She is represented by Management 360, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anne Hathaway has dated –
- Topher Grace (1999-2001) – American actor Topher Grace dated Anne from 1999 until 2001. They made a cute couple together. Grace and Anne have also appeared on screen together in the 2010 movie Valentine’s Day. They separated amicably in 2001.
- James Holzier (2001-2002) – For a couple of months between 2001 and 2002, Anne was RUMORed to be dating James.
- Scott Sartiano (2002) – After her breakup with Topher, she was dating restaurateur Scott. It was a very brief relationship.
- Hugh Dancy (2002-2004) – About 8 years older than her, Hugh Dancy, an English actor, and Anne dated for a good two years from 2002 to 2004. They made a good looking couple and had appeared together on various occasions on the red carpet.
- Raffaello Follieri (2004-2008) – She first met an Italian businessman (real estate developer) Raffaello in New York in 2004 and soon she became an item with him. This relationship went longer than others (before this). But, after he was found guilty of backstabbing his investors, Follieri was sentenced to four and a half years of imprisonment. And, due to all this, Anne left him as the bad press may have a negative impact on her career. Hence, the relationship ended in 2008.
- Adam Shulman (2008-Present) – Finally, Anne found a man with whom she would settle down this time. Actor and businessman Adam Shulman and Anne commenced dating in October 2008. After three years of dating, they decided to engage and this happened in November 2011. In the following year, on September 29, 2012, Adam and Anne married in Big Sur, California in an interfaith Roman Catholic and Jewish service. On March 24, 2016, their first child, a son named Jonathan Rosebanks Shulman, was born and in November 2019, the couple was blessed with its 2nd son named Jack Shulman.
- James Franco (2011) – In 2011, the actors James Franco and Anne Hathaway were RUMORed to be an item.
Race / Ethnicity
Anne has Irish roots on her mother’s side and is of Irish, French, English, and German descent on her father’s side.
- Slim figure
- Often plays lively, free-spirited women who try to remain independent
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
In April 2023, Anne was featured in a new campaign for Versace.
She grew up Roman Catholic but after finding that her older brother Michael is gay, she started calling herself a nondenominational Christian.
In 2009, she said that her religious beliefs are “a work in progress”.
Best Known For
Appearing in films like The Princess Diaries (2001), Get Smart (2008), Alice in Wonderland (2010), The Dark Knight Rises (2012), Les Misérables (2012).
Anne appeared in the 2001 American comedy film The Princess Diaries for her role as Mia Thermopolis.
First TV Show
Hathaway appeared in FOX Network’s short-lived comedy-drama television series Get Real for her role as Meghan Green. From 1999 to 2000, she appeared in a total of 22 episodes.
She has a petite frame and this all comes with proper diet and exercise. This all happened after her starvation diet for Les Miserables. She danced for one and a half hours and did stunt training for five days a week for the 2012 movie. Learn more about her eating habits and workout routine.
Anne Hathaway Favorite Things
- Book – The Secret Garden (By Frances Hodgson Burnett)
- Four Letter Word – Love
- Movies – Elizabeth (1998), Stand by Me (1986), Amélie (2001), Pretty Woman (1990), City of God (2002)
- Actors – Joaquin Phoenix, Ralph Fiennes, Johnny Depp
- Fashion – Daring
- Costume She Has Ever Worn – The 40-pound spacesuit she wears in Interstellar (2014)
Anne Hathaway Facts
- In 2009, Anne appeared in a comedy play by William Shakespeare entitled Twelfth Night as Viola.
- She is the first teenager ever to be admitted into The Barrow Group Theater Company’s acting program.
- She suffered from depression when she was a teenager.
- Anne loves her chocolate Labrador named Esmeralda.
- She is one of People Magazine‘s Most Beautiful People in 2009.
- She has worked for causes like spreading awareness against child marriage and has also spoken out against the issues of bullying of gay students, discrimination toward transgender children, and white supremacy.
- During her virtual appearance on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon show, she revealed that she would like to be called anything (such as Annie) but not just ‘Anne’. This is because her mother uses her first name, Anne, only when her mom is too angry at her. So, she is reminded of that.
- In February 2021, during an appearance on RuPaul’s Drag Race, Anne revealed that she was the 9th choice for her role in Devil Wears Prada. Before her, actresses Rachel McAdams, Juliette Lewis, and Claire Danes were considered for the role.