John Christopher Depp II
Mr. Stench, Colonel, Donkey Dick, Johnny Depp
Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
Johnny Depp went to Miramar High School, Miramar, Florida, USA. But, he dropped out at the age of 15 to become a rock musician. Actually, when he was 12, he got a guitar from his mother, as a gift on his birthday. He started playing in the garage bands and thought of pursuing his career as a musician.
Actor, Musician, Producer, Screenwriter, and Director
- Father – John Christopher Depp (Civil Engineer)
- Mother – Betty Sue Palmer (née Wells) (Waitress)
- Siblings – Debbie Depp (Older Sister), Christi Dembrowski (Older Sister) (Film Producer), Daniel Depp (Older Brother) (Screenwriter)
United Talent Agency
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Lori Anne Allison (1983-1985) – Makeup artist, Lori was married to Depp from 1983 to 1985. She introduced Depp to her friends and fellow actor Nicolas Cage, which helped Johnny to get his first big role in his debut movie itself, A Nightmare on Elm Street, released in 1984.
- Sherilyn Fenn (1985-1988) – American actress, Fenn was engaged to Depp during this interval. They first met on the sets of Dummies. After that, they separated to pursue their own careers in different parts of the country.
- Jennifer Grey (1989) – In 1989, Jenni and Depp were reportedly engaged. Though, this news didn’t last long.
- Winona Ryder (1989-1993) – Winona and Johnny met at the premiere of Great Balls of Fire! in June 1989. Soon after that, they started dating. Post several months, they engaged. Johnny also had a tattoo, which said: “Winona Forever”. But, this relationship also had an end, in 1993. Post which, he changed the tattoo to “Wino Forever”.
- Tatjana Patitz (1994)
- Kate Moss (1994-1998) – Both Johnny and British Supermodel, Kate dated for quite a long time. Though, their relationship was not smooth. It had sometimes gone OFF also.
- Vanessa Paradis (1998-2012) – French actress and singer, Vanessa Paradis met in June 1998 when Depp was filming The Ninth Gate in France. They had a long relationship of 14 years together, during which they had 2 children – daughter Lily-Rose Melody Depp (born 1999), and son John “Jack” Christopher Depp III (born 2002).
- Penélope Cruz (2002) – RUMOR
- Marion Cotillard (2008) – RUMOR
- Amber Heard (2011-2017) – Johnny started dating actress and model Amber Heard in late 2011. US Weekly reported that “Johnny treats her very well and he bought her a horse also. They have even slept together many times.” They met for the first time on the set of the 2009 movie The Rum Diary. The couple engaged in 2013 and married on February 3, 2015, in a private civil ceremony at their home in LA. They split in May 2016 and filed for divorce which was finalized in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English ancestry with distant Irish, Scottish, Welsh, French, Dutch, German, Flemish Belgian, and African roots.
- Highly defined cheekbones
- Teen idol (late 80’s)
- Infinitum Nihil founder
- Frequent work with close friend and director – Tim Burton
He has not confirmed any religious belief but he was raised in an atheist family. The below is an interview of Johnny with Larry King given on October 16, 2011.
Best Known For
- 1980s TV series 21 Jump Street
- He played the title character of the acclaimed Edward Scissorhands (1990) and did Sleepy Hollow (1999), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005), Alice in Wonderland (2010), Rango (2011) and the Pirates of the Caribbean film series.
As a Musician
Due to Johnny Depp’s great interest in music, he has played guitar on various songs and simultaneously appeared in many music videos also. He has not released an album.
In 1984, Depp appeared in a horror slasher film A Nightmare on Elm Street for his role as Glen Lantz. He got a big role, as an actor, in his debut movie.
He has also produced, directed, and written many films in the past.
First TV Show
Crime drama TV series Lady Blue was his debut show. He appeared only in a single episode titled “Beasts of Prey” for his role as Lionel Viland.
Dan Isaacson had been the personal trainer for Depp. He has trainer other famous celebs also like Anne Hathaway, Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, and others. Johnny takes a low GI (Glycemic Index) diet. For the Dark Shadows movie, he had to lose somewhere around 20 pounds and he achieved this by drinking tonnes of green tea, eating fruits with less amount of fructose. This was a pretty natural diet, which he followed. But, he also had his favorite ones i.e. chicken and eggs.
His exercise plan is also natural. He had a treadmill at his home and would do hours of cardio sessions on that, plus the core workouts and stability ball exercises. For sword fighting in Pirates of the Caribbean, he was forced to get in shape. Only then, he was able to cope with the numerous practice fighting sessions.
Johnny Depp Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Mexican food, pork, and chicken
- Favorite People – Hunter S Thompson (American Journalist and Author), Jack Kerouac (American Novelist), Banksy (England-based Graffiti artist, Political Activist)
- Favorite Bands – The Rolling Stones, Taraf De Haidouks, Beatles, Aerosmith, Oasis
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Places – London, Miramar, Owensboro, New York, Los Angeles, Meudon, Paris, Saint-Tropez, Malibu, Miami, Norfolk
- Favorite Accessories – Fedora hat, wristbands, sunglasses, eyeglasses
Johnny Depp Facts
- Johnny was raised in Florida but born in Kentucky in the USA.
- He has 3 siblings and is the youngest among all.
- As of 2012, Depp has collaborated with Tim Burton, his close friend, and director, in 8 movies.
- Johnny is the founder and CEO of the production company, Infinitum Nihil and his sister runs that company as the president.
- He was arrested in 1994 because he caused serious damages to New York Hotel suite. Again, in 1999, he had a dispute with paparazzi outside a restaurant in London while he was dining with Paradis.
- He has 13 tattoos, highlighting various important persons and events in life.
- He had donated $2 million to Great Ormond Street Hospital as gratitude for curing his daughter from E. coli, which caused her kidneys to shut down.
- Johnny Depp co-owned a restaurant-bar Man Ray (now renamed as World Place), situated in Paris, France.
- As a child, Johnny was allergic to chocolates.