|Jeff Beck Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 24, 1944|
Jeff Beck is one of the noted English rock guitarists. He has won many Grammys, the first being 1986’s “Best Rock Instrumental Performance” for Escape from the album Flash. Jeff was also honored with the “British Academy’s Ivor Novello Award” for outstanding contribution to British Music in 2014. He is the one among the few famous guitarists along with Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page to have played with The Yardbirds. In the 1960s, Beck played in succession of groups including the Savages and Screaming Lord Sutch.
Jeff was ranked 5th in Rolling Stone magazine’s list of the “100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time” and appeared thrice on the cover of the same magazine as one of the most influential lead guitarists in rock.
Geoffrey Arnold Beck
Jeff, The Guv’nor
Wallington, Surrey, England, UK
Wadhurst, East Sussex, England, UK
Beck pursued his schooling from Sutton Manor School and Sutton East County Secondary Modern School in Sutton Manor.
After leaving his school, Beck joined Wimbledon College of Art.
Musician, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – Arnold Beck
- Mother – Ethel Beck
- Siblings – Annetta Beck (Sister)
Jeff Beck is managed by Harvey Goldsmith CBE.
Blues-rock, Instrumental rock, Psychedelic rock, Jazz fusion, Hard rock, Electronica, Progressive rock
EMI, Epic Records
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jeff Beck has dated –
- Patricia Brown (1962-1967) – Jeff Beck and Patricia Brown dated for a year in 1962 and got married in 1963. The couple parted ways after 4 years of togetherness on 16th November 1967.
- Mary Hughes (1965) – Jeff was also romantically linked with American actress Mary Hughes. During his stint with The Yardbirds, she was mentioned twice in the song Psycho Daisies.
- Celia Hammond (1968-1992) – Jeff dated former English model Celia Hammond from 1968 to 1992.
- Lucy Offerall (1969)
- Sabel Starr (1974)
- Lori Mattox (1979)
- Sandra Cash (2005–Present) – Sandra and Beck tied the knot in 2005.
- Heather Daltrey
- Wendy Moore
- Dee Dee Keel
- Jenni Dean
Race / Ethnicity
He has German and English ancestry.
- Slender body
- Long black lustrous hair
He has appeared in a TV commercial for Renault Scenic cars.
Jeff Beck Facts
- Beck used to sing in the church choir at the age of 10 and learned how to play the borrowed guitar in his teens. He also made many attempts to build his own instruments.
- At the age of 6, Beck heard Les Paul playing How High the Moon on an electric guitar on the radio, and he got very impressed. Along with Les Paul, Cliff Gallup, Gene Vincent, and Blue Caps were his early influences, followed by Steve Cropper and B.B. King.
- Soon after joining Wimbledon College of Art, Beck was employed as a groundsman on a golf course, a car paint-sprayer, and a decorator, and a painter.
- Beck and Jimmy Page know each other from their teen years. Beck’s sister Annetta introduced them.
- Jeff along with Troy Andrews, Gary Clark Jr., B.B. King, and Derek Trucks performed at White House in 2012. The former president Barack Obama also sang along with them on stage.
- He once had started writing his autobiography but later he stopped as he wanted others to dig about him after his death.
- He has also been featured in a documentary about his life, Still on the Run: The Jeff Beck Story.
- Back when he started playing, Jeff’s neighbors would complain that he played too loud.
- In July 2022, Jeff and Johnny Depp teamed up for a new album titled 18.
Featured Image by Egghead06 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0