|Juliette Lewis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 21, 1973|
Juliette Lewis is a distinguished American actress, voice actress, and singer who first made her mark as an actress by starring in the film Cape Fear in 1991. Since then, she has been cast in many hit films such as Kalifornia (1993) and Hysterical Blindness (2002). In 2004, she started leading the rock band Juliette and the Licks. Juliette’s captivating screen appearances and talent have amassed more than 900k followers on Instagram, 400k plus followers on Twitter, and over 350k followers on Facebook.
Juliette Lake Lewis
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Juliette got enrolled in high school. However, only 3 weeks after starting, she dropped out.
Actress, Singer, Voice Actress
- Father – Geoffrey Bond Lewis (Actor) (1935-2015)
- Mother – Glenis Batley (Graphic Designer)
- Siblings – Lightfield Lewis (Brother) (Actor), Peter Lewis (Brother), Brandy Lewis (Sister) (Producer), Hannah Lewis (Sister)
- Others – Donald Earl Lewis (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Josephine Bond (Paternal Grandmother), Ethan Suplee (Brother-in-Law), Emily Colombier (Step-Sister), Paula Hochhalter (Stepmother), Miles Lewis (Half-Brother), Dierdre Lewis (Half-Sister) (Actress), Matthew Lewis (Half-Brother) (Actor)
Juliette’s music is managed by Lizzie from Three Six Zero.
She is also represented by –
- Untitled Entertainment
- United Talent Agency
Rock, Punk, Pop
She has released her music through many music labels like Hassle Records, The End Records, and Rebel Rouser Music in 2006, 2009, and 2016 respectively.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Juliette has dated –
- Brad Pitt (1989-1993) – Actor Brad Pitt and Juliette began dating after they met on the set of Too Young to Die? in 1990. At that time, Juliette was just a sweet 16 while Brad was 26 years old. The couple later moved-in together and worked on their 2nd film, Kalifornia (1993). However, the two parted ways the same year the film was released.
- Johnny Depp (1993) – RUMOR
- Leonardo DiCaprio (1993)
- Tom Sizemore (1993)
- Adam Sandler (1994) – Juliette had a short-lived romance with actor Adam Sandler in 1994.
- Steve Berra (1999-2003) – Juliette and professional skateboarder and director, Steve Berra, were introduced to each other by her younger sister Brandy Lewis, who is a producer. Juliette and Steve hit it off from day one and later got married in 1999. However, the couple filed for divorce and parted ways in 2003. But, the two have remained friends thereafter.
- Nick Zano (2014-2015) – It was speculated that Juliette was in a relationship with actor Nick Zano between the years 2014 and 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Irish, some Welsh, Scottish, and German ancestry with a touch of Dutch ancestry.
Juliette has starred in several commercials for brands such as –
- Guess? (1996)
- Honda Integra (1996)
- Gap Denim (2001)
- Old Navy (2012)
She is both a Scientologist and a Christian.
Best Known For
- Being the founding member and lead vocalist of the band, Juliette and the Licks, that included guitarist Craig Fairbaugh and Emilio Cueto, bassist Jason Womack, and drummer Ed Davis
- Starring in several hit films such as Too Young To Die (1990), Cape Fear (1991), The Way of the Gun (2000), and Due Date (2010)
- Releasing many hit songs like Hello Hero (2016), Any Way You Want (2016), and I Know Trouble (2016)
- having been cast in several TV shows such as I Married Dora (1987–1988), The Firm (2012), and Secrets and Lies (2015-2016)
- Being recognized as one of the most talented and captivating actresses in Hollywood
As a solo artist, Juliette released her debut album, Terra Incognita, on August 31, 2009, via The End Records. The album consisted of 14 tracks including 2 bonus tracks – The Devil Knows and Gold & Mud.
As a member of the band Juliette and the Licks, their first full-length album was You’re Speaking My Language. It was released on May 17, 2005, and had 14 tracks including 2 bonus tracks – Shelter Your Needs and Get Your Tongue Wet.
Juliette made her theatrical film debut as Lexie in the comedy sci-fi movie, My Stepmother Is an Alien, in 1988.
As a voice actress, she made her theatrical film debut in the animated film, Metropia, in 2009.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut as Kate Farrell on the show I Married Dora in 1987.
As a voice actress, she made her TV show debut as Paula Wisconsin in the animated series, Free for All, in 2003.
While at the gym, Juliette focuses on building a lean muscular body and on maintaining a well toned and conditioned physique. She also attends workout sessions at Barry’s boot camp in Ventura Boulevard where she performs intense cardio exercises on a treadmill.
Her diet consists of gluten-free food items because she is intolerant to gluten.
Juliette Lewis Favorite Things
- Actors – Sam Rockwell, Mark Ruffalo
- Actress – Cate Blanchett
- Movie – Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
- Productions – August: Osage County (2013)
Source – US Weekly, Screen Daily
Juliette Lewis Facts
- Her father almost named her Snow Lake.
- She was 6 years old when she discovered her passion for performing arts.
- Juliette was merely 12 years old when she starred in the lead role as Mary Ash in Home Fires in 1987.
- At the age of 14, she was granted legal separation from her mother and father. She then began to focus on her career as an actress.
- Juliette was 15 years old when she bought a Mazda for $6,000 under the name of a friend and drove it without a license until she was 21.
- In 1990, when she was only 16 years old, she starred alongside actor Brad Pitt in the movie Too Young to Die?
- She has her poster size mugshot hanging in her home that she got from the police officer who arrested her for illegally entering a club. Later, the officer recognized her father and gave the mug shot to her and the charges were also dropped. She was 16 years old at the time.
- In 1994, she appeared in the music video for Melissa Etheridge’s Come to My Window as a suicidal mental patient.
- In 1995, she was ranked in Empire magazine’s 100 Sexiest Stars in film history list.
- Juliette has worked with some of the best directors like Woody Allen, Martin Scorsese, and Oliver Stone.
- Juliette thinks she is psychic.
- She auditioned for the character of Lydia Deetz in Beetlejuice (1988). However, actress Winona Ryder got the part.
- During her 20s, she was sent to a rehabilitation center for drug abuse.
- She rejected the role of Mia Thermopolis in The Princess Diaries (2001). The role was then played by actress Anne Hathaway.
- She wrote the lyrics as well as performed as the lead singer for 3 tracks on The Prodigy‘s album Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned (2004).
- In 2008, she lent her voice as an eponymous radio DJ in the video game Grand Theft Auto IV.
- She loves spending time under the sun.
- In her childhood, she had a pony and also went barrel racing.
- She has a dog that looks like a mini-wolf.
- If she had not been a performing artist, she would have pursued the art of healing.
- She was starstruck by Bob Dylan when she met him in an elevator and he recognized her.
- Visit her official website @ juliettelewis.com.
- Follow Juliette Lewis on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and YouTube.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Flickr / CC BY 2.0